OxygenOS Open Beta 35 for the OnePlus 5 and Open Beta 33 for OnePlus 5T

1. Ajayveer Singh Cupcake Aug 6, 2019

Ajayveer Singh, Aug 6, 2019 :
    Heyy, I Installed Beta 33 version on my oneplus 5T... now i want to go back to stable version but without my data loss..... can anybody helps me to go back to stable version without data lose? I'm stucked now....
    & any benefit & lose of beta version Please let me know???
    n one more thing i read somewhere that beta 33 is the last beta version of oneplus 5T.... there is no beta updates in future for 5T....is it true???? need help reply asap

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  2. Aziz_Amin_Oneplus Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2019

Aziz_Amin_Oneplus, Aug 6, 2019 :
    See my #630 post, that should solve your problem, only your apps, notes and settings would be lost and restarted again so watch out for that and for your second question you have to manually go or download the latest stable version as Beta have ended, you wouldn't be given any shortcuts from OnePlus to reach the stable version.

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  3. Ajayveer Singh Cupcake Aug 6, 2019

what do you recommend a beta version or stable? what is the difference between both of them?

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  4. Aziz_Amin_Oneplus Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2019

First tell me why you shifted to Beta version when you do not know what it is?

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  5. Ajayveer Singh Cupcake Aug 6, 2019

i Don't knw much about it ... i just heard a lil bit!! that's y i downloaded n installed it!!

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  6. Aziz_Amin_Oneplus Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2019

First, Beta is a version where you are submitted to test and try out new features given by Oneplus in Oxygen OS, version will come with problems and bugs and you have to submit your queries for giving recommended on improving it and finding if you find any problem with those features, once you are done with that and tested all then you turn your attention to next beta till you take your time to test everything, this is known as Beta Version.

Second, Stable is a version which comes pre-installed with your smartphone when you purchase it, it is your daily driver software, version where everything is working fine and there are no problems, new features will come one by one and slowly and it is the version which everyone uses.

Third, it is up to you to decide, one day you have to shift on stable at any cost but for now Beta seems more improved and better in my opinion, rest is your decision.

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  7. Ajayveer Singh Cupcake Aug 6, 2019

8. Aziz_Amin_Oneplus Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2019

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  9. Mr_Cyrox KitKat Aug 6, 2019

Mr_Cyrox, Aug 6, 2019 :
    Adding on to @Aziz_Amin_Oneplus post, the Open Beta program is discontinued and won't be updated anymore...
    Just a heads up if you decide to stay on the Beta

Ravi BINAVAT and Ajayveer Singh like this.
  10. paulomodesto Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 6, 2019

paulomodesto, Aug 6, 2019 :

This is the only way to return to Stable from beta without loosing data, but it's not the recommended way, and not a free of bad behavior method.
    You should make a clean install of the latest full stable ROM with all wipes!

Ajayveer Singh and Ravi BINAVAT like this.
  11. Rotten Egg Honeycomb Aug 7, 2019

Rotten Egg, Aug 7, 2019 :
    Now this thread is almost dead as no update for 5/T will be released except security patch.
    Yes going back to OS 9.0 series is always better with clean install.

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  12. akshayvaji Froyo Aug 7, 2019

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  13. Cervantes Lollipop Moderator Aug 7, 2019

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  14. jay5t Gingerbread Aug 8, 2019

jay5t, Aug 8, 2019 :
    Anyone know when the next beta is coming out? Also has the p beta finished for the OnePlus 5 (not the 5t)?

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  15. arpitcool2001 Cupcake Aug 8, 2019

arpitcool2001, Aug 8, 2019 :
    please resolve sometimes fingerprint sensor and the double tap to wake both not respond together.tried the factory reset still problem persist.

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  16. Mr_Cyrox KitKat Aug 8, 2019

Mr_Cyrox, Aug 8, 2019 :

Waveform Modifier likes this.
  17. Waveform Modifier Marshmallow Aug 8, 2019

Waveform Modifier, Aug 8, 2019 :
    Why are you even in beta if you can't even read?

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  18. Rotten Egg Honeycomb Aug 9, 2019

Rotten Egg, Aug 9, 2019 :
    OP decided to stop.Reason unknown.....might be they r pushing Q for 5/T in near future.

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  19. U1517897200788 Froyo Aug 9, 2019

U1517897200788, Aug 9, 2019 :
    camera doesn't give perfect shot as per mega pixel which ones plus 5T has..

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  20. G_Taz_Devil_NlrA Donut Aug 9, 2019

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.