OxygenOS Open Beta 39 for the OnePlus 3 and Open Beta 30 for the OnePlus 3T

1. 4sheesh Honeycomb Jul 9, 2018

4sheesh, Jul 9, 2018 :
    Update has no major changelogs ... its ok for a 2 year old device !!
    but they should give good farewell party to thier own pixel ( 3/3T ) , and would be grateful to see recent changes on stable 8.1 update

Vladut123 likes this.
  2. Ankitbhat12345 Jelly Bean Jul 9, 2018

3. AcmE85 Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 9, 2018

AcmE85, Jul 9, 2018 :
    Thanks for ignoring user complaints since beta 1 and using these complaints to improve your software on the OP6 2 years later. Thanks for letting us swipe down to accept calls for months and months although users complained since day 1 you released said beta. Thanks for the easter-egg in the calculator app though and all the other mindless and useless "tweaks" you added before fixing actual issues.

Thanks for pushing many things users were criticizing to your stable builds over and over again. It was fun reading all the complaints here, on reddit, xda and other forums throughout the internet.

Yes, I've read that the color wheel is also coming to the OP3/T (don't really care with substratum)… but you still failed to adress the borked slider on the OP3 since Beta1 although this has been fixed on the OP6 and already announced for the OP5/T. Although I believe this will also come eventually via OTA, it's been 2 years with a basically useless (for me) feature.

Thank's for not even ONCE acknowledging any complaints, as we all know that not getting any feedback as a tester is what makes a true beta test!

Thanks for letting us beta-test app-updates the last couple months.

I know that forum police is watching, if you don't care for this fix please move along...

Thanks for the community though (not the "clear cache"-army), which was mostly helpful and very active to improve OnePlus devices (basically do what you couldn't: camera, VoLTE in Germany, UI...).

Now for the positive parts:
    Real thanks for:
    Pocket Mode, sRGB and DCI-P3 (although hidden on OP3), GameMode, FaceUnlock,
    quick and consistent updates (mostly) and a really stable OS!

I know this is bit***** at a high level and not called for if we consider the OP3's age.
    But the slider keeps triggering me, I can't help it :D

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018

4. F_Harshith_Beeravolu_WME Froyo Jul 9, 2018

5. Ankitbhat12345 Jelly Bean Jul 9, 2018

Ankitbhat12345, Jul 9, 2018 :
    H
    Ahah

Vladut123, AcmE85 and shanmuga_seelan like this.
  6. wospino Honeycomb Jul 9, 2018

Vladut123 likes this.
  7. bharath818 Eclair Jul 9, 2018

bharath818, Jul 9, 2018 :
    Oh God! These aren't the OS or security updates. These are just their app updates. Please don't call it as OxygenOS update. OnePlus is rolling out useless updates these days.

8. nursoda Froyo Jul 9, 2018

nursoda, Jul 9, 2018 :
    They promised there will be security updates, so they will come for official builds I suppose.

But @OnePlus: We bought VERY potential hardware and it's a shame the devices aren't supported longer than 2 (features) or 3 (security) years. At least they are supported that long. Thanks for that.

Vladut123 likes this.
  9. Deactivated User Jul 9, 2018

Vladut123 and nope1nope like this.
  10. blindboatman Eclair Jul 9, 2018

blindboatman, Jul 9, 2018 :
    best regards disappointed oneplus3t user
    next phone will be Nokia after or if we still receive these bi monthly ( why not monthly like any other normal company would, again Nokia) security updates!

More never buy this company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vladut123 likes this.
  11. Kapil Nehra Eclair Jul 9, 2018

Vladut123 and 16tons like this.
  12. Prattech Honeycomb Jul 9, 2018

Prattech, Jul 9, 2018 :
    Give the link to that convo or screenshot.

Vladut123 likes this.
  13. OOTPApps Gingerbread Jul 9, 2018

OOTPApps, Jul 9, 2018 :
    If this is the last beta, are we to believe 8.1 will be released straight to stable? Or are we no longer getting 8.1?

Please clarify.

Vladut123 likes this.
  14. G_Kunal_Nagrani_YeFi Donut Jul 9, 2018

G_Kunal_Nagrani_YeFi, Jul 9, 2018 :
    What is the use of a beta channel if the promised 8.1 will land directly to stable users? Afaik, the beta route was created to support & test experimental features / new versions. OP has either gone soft or stopped caring.

15. Bobbie63 Marshmallow Jul 9, 2018

Bobbie63, Jul 9, 2018 :
    So next time the manufacturer of your next device must wait until you bought a device, even if it's months after the first release and start the period for updates after you have bought it?

You must have high self-esteem.

16. Prattech Honeycomb Jul 9, 2018

Prattech, Jul 9, 2018 :
    No such problem for me. Wipe cache from recovery and wait for few charging cycles. If already done it must be some shady app you installed.

ps: getting 4 hr sot, which is quite normal to me after 2 yrs.

Vladut123 likes this.
  17. Diablosis Eclair Jul 9, 2018

Diablosis, Jul 9, 2018 :
    They said a long time ago that 8 will be the last android version the 3 and 3t get. Guys, its ptetty clear that 8.1 isnt gonna happen. When they said 8 they meant 8.0.

Vladut123 and 16tons like this.
  18. Punk_69 Lollipop Jul 9, 2018

Punk_69, Jul 9, 2018 :
    @Manu J. thanks for the update!!!
    Just reading the comments here :D
    Maybe a rant thread will act as a cherry on the topping :rolleyes: :p

19. Bobbie63 Marshmallow Jul 9, 2018

Bobbie63, Jul 9, 2018 :
    You can join @Ankitbhat12345, his biggest wish was "deep red accent" colour, which he has been waiting and asking for a "few" times, didn't you @Ankitbhat12345?

Still, things might come, let's not give up hope yet. I know it would be very late and I'd wish they wouldn't have given us the useless face unlock but instead the slider and accent colors.

20. Punk_69 Lollipop Jul 9, 2018

Punk_69, Jul 9, 2018 :
    Via root or without root?

Vladut123, Auristic and Bobbie63 like this.