OxygenOS Open Beta 39 for the OnePlus 3 and Open Beta 30 for the OnePlus 3T

1. F_Alauddin_Akash_LNID
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 14, 2018

Vladut123 likes this.
  2. TheGhos418
    Eclair Jul 14, 2018

TheGhos418 , Jul 14, 2018 :
    I want to know whether our data will be kept or erased while doing this process? i.e while moving back to the stable version

Vladut123 likes this.
  3. BeingIncog
    Marshmallow Jul 14, 2018

BeingIncog , Jul 14, 2018 :
    NOKIA

4. Sun90
    Starting Point Expert Jul 14, 2018

Sun90 , Jul 14, 2018 :
    You will only come to know about the same, when OnePlus announces that build.
    So stay tuned.

5. PushpakRoy
    Honeycomb Jul 14, 2018

PushpakRoy , Jul 14, 2018 :
    Most probably we will need to clean flash the stable build, as I doubt OnePlus will provide another OTA to beta testers after all they declared it as the last beta update.

Vladut123 likes this.
  6. Franspain
    Gingerbread Jul 14, 2018

Franspain , Jul 14, 2018 :
    Google Lens keeps popping up. In addition, with the update of the camera to version 2.8.8 Lens is included in the application.

Vladut123 and zoestar like this.
  7. Topper_Gas
    Jelly Bean Jul 14, 2018

Topper_Gas , Jul 14, 2018 :
    Pixel devices cost far more than OP's devices and the majority of Android One devices are not available in the UK, and I doubt anyway that either HTC or Xiaomi have OS updates anywhere near as often as OP. The only real competitor in the UK, if you don't want to pay Pixel or Samsung prices, seems to be Nokia but their 845 SoC device seems v. MEH compared to the OP6.

Vladut123 likes this.
  8. ASCHENTE_V

ASCHENTE_V , Jul 14, 2018 :
    Topper_Gas

Pixel devices cost far more than OP's devices and the majority of Android One devices are not available in the UK, and I doubt anyway that either HTC or Xiaomi have OS updates anywhere near as often as OP. The only real competitor in the UK, if you don't want to pay Pixel or Samsung prices, seems to be Nokia but their 845 SoC device seems v. MEH compared to the OP6.

Believe me Xiaomi has even more often updates than one plus, including 2-3 years of android updates and additional 2-3 years (in general 5 years) of miui, updating the design and features of new android versions into miui. This is for their flagships (mi 2 got miui 9 and it is for the 2012 year device, so it's 5 years of support, and miui 9 would be the last for mi 2), don't know about mediocre and cheap devices, but probably they have their 3-4 years. Xiaomi also has their own beta program. And they give camera updates during all the years of support and not just during the 1 year after the release or even less. Not bad at all

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018

Vladut123 and Starcommander like this.
  9. alexphl
    Honeycomb Jul 14, 2018

alexphl , Jul 14, 2018 :
    Their stable updates are miles worse than out beta updates and sometimes it feels like they dont even test them before release. All Xiaomi users I know are constantly discussing which build is best for daily use (and it's usually not the latest), and would never install a new update right when it's released because who knows what it's gonna break.

Their update scheme looks sweet for outsiders but the actual users are far from thrilled

Vladut123 likes this.
  10. G_Daniel_Dumitrache_tDRn
    Donut Jul 14, 2018

11. BeingIncog
    Marshmallow Jul 14, 2018

This!!!!!!

Vladut123, mage115, PTuT and 2 others like this.
  12. Sam Nakamura

Sam Nakamura , Jul 14, 2018 :
    You're aware that Huawai / Honor just recently decided that their devices will no longer ship with a unlockable bootloader? So your totally dependent on their software and update support, no TWRP, no custom ROM support, no root and most importantly no community support at all...
    And this wasn't a transparent decision, they simply said it is so and for devices produced previously to this decision bootloader unlock code will be available for 60 days from announcing the decision, a big part of xda-developers huawei / honor community and the recently by their own created Honor open source project blown in thousand parts.

This isn't anything which should be supported by purchasing a device from them, that's just my opinion...

13. ASCHENTE_V

ASCHENTE_V , Jul 14, 2018 :

alexphl

Their stable updates are miles worse than out beta updates and sometimes it feels like they dont even test them before release. All Xiaomi users I know are constantly discussing which build is best for daily use (and it's usually not the latest), and would never install a new update right when it's released because who knows what it's gonna break.

Their update scheme looks sweet for outsiders but the actual users are far from thrilled​

Do you know it by your expirience? I don't, my words were from one person I know, I didn't have xiaomi yet

Vladut123 likes this.
  14. PTuT
    Jelly Bean Jul 14, 2018

PTuT , Jul 14, 2018 :
    I wish touch digitizer didn't go bad on my G2. That's what made me to get OP3. I loved how well G2 performed, especially on custom ROMs.

Vladut123 likes this.
  15. B.yashaswi

B.yashaswi , Jul 14, 2018 :
    As this is the last beta i am sharing troubles taht i faced till now
    1)main problem was whenever i call to a person and then screen disappears no options to cut the call but other person picks up the call but also nothing is shown then i should lock the phone and unlock then everything works this i faced couple times sometimes i call to a person nothing is shown nothing is heard but the other person picks up the call the phone gives me a vibrate then nothing happens then i reboot the phone to get it fixed
    2)Phone not responding to the any button this i was faced quite a long back and launcher was not that responsive
    3)Low call volume i just experienced it yesterday though it was very rarely experienced excluding that yesterday
    These were the things that bothered me being as an beta tester

Vladut123 likes this.
  16. Sam Nakamura

Sam Nakamura , Jul 14, 2018 :
    Also Nokia has an "open Bootloader issue", not as worse than Huawai /Honor but still far from acceptable, first there wasn't a option at all to unlock the bootloader and they said it's intended this way for safety reasons ([e]1f602[/e]) and then when power users and the scene made pressure they said "Well fine, we do but one device at a time and it's going to void warranty" means that after a year the devices are available now there's still no solution, all Devs went on and forgot about those devices...
    No, not with me! Nokia isn't an option as long as they don't change that completely, think of OnePlus' stand on unlockable bootloaders, custom ROMs and root, comparison is ridiculous, sorry...

Honestly, only "competitor" on the horizon I see is the Xiaomi Mi A2, with Android ONE on board and an unlockable bootloader (you'll however need to apply for an unlock code and probably void warranty), the whole experience is further compromised by not having an amoled display, just a 3000mah battery, a snapdragon 6xx and worst part an EMMC as nand/storage instead of UFS.

I'm still waiting for a OnePlus Android ONE device, which takes care of Android ONE's biggest problem, the comparably weak hardware...

...in my dream, I know [e]1f601[/e] in my dreams!

17. BeingIncog
    Marshmallow Jul 14, 2018

that's just another perspective but what Topper_Gas questioned, my Answer still holds!!!

Vladut123 likes this.
  18. astralbee

astralbee , Jul 14, 2018 :
    I didn't say I'd buy them! I said they were more transparent than Oneplus.

You seem to have some difficulty understanding what transparency is. It has nothing to do with whether or not they are producing the phone YOU want to buy. Here's a couple of examples, one of transparency, one of outright lies:

Example 1:
    "We are going to produce a phone without an unlockable bootloader"
    [Produces a phone without an unlockable bootloader]

Example 2:
    "We're a tiny startup company manufacturing our very first phone on a shoestring budget, please do all our advertising for us and don't expect any decent tech support"
    [Is actually a subsidiary of the biggest Chinese manufacturer of smartphones and the 4th biggest worldwide]

Vladut123 likes this.
  19. Nick_Amina
    Eclair Jul 14, 2018

Nick_Amina , Jul 14, 2018 :
    Hello,
    No VOLTE option in menu settings for mine op3t. I use the last beta Oxygenos. Does anyone know why?
    Thanks

Vladut123 likes this.
  20. astralbee

astralbee , Jul 14, 2018 :
    I agree Pixel is expensive. I wouldn't say "far more". OP5 64gb cost $500 at launch, the Pixel 2 64gb cost $650. If you've got half a grand for one you can stretch to the other.

Anyway, irrelevant to my point which was a reply to the ridiculous notion that Oneplus are the only phones near to stock Android. They aren't the only ones, and they aren't even the nearest.

Android One aren't available in the UK??? FOUR of my colleagues have the Xiaomi A1. Two of them got it from a Groupon, or a Wowcher, I forget which but they certainly didn't have to meet the Triads down a back alley to get one.

Vladut123 likes this.