OxygenOS Open Beta 4 for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T

1. ironass
    Lollipop Jan 15, 2020

ironass , Jan 15, 2020 :
    OPEN BETA 4 UPDATE INSTALLATION

Open Beta test firmware may not always be as stable or as fully functioning as the stock official OxygenOS and installing it is entirely at your own RISK!

Once on the Open Beta channel, you will no longer receive the stock official OxygenOS OTA updates unless you revert your phone back to stock firmware, which may involve wiping your phone.

Open Beta is for experienced and competent users to assess and offer constructive feedback and submit detailed bug reports to OnePlus. Therefore, this is not a spoon feeding section of the forums.

IMPORTANT: You will not be able to install this Open Beta 4 update successfully unless you are already on the Open Beta channel and have previously installed Open Beta 2, "at some stage". If you are new to Open Beta firmware, you will first need to download and install Open Beta 2 via Local Upgrade before you can install the Open Beta 4 OTA update by downloading and installing Open Beta 4 from the official OnePlus Downloads & Updates store and follow the instructions on how to install it via Local Upgrade.

Do not use Oxygen Updater from the Play Store or attempt to install Open Beta 4 without having first installed Open Beta 2 on your phone previously at some stage.

(If you cannot open these links in the OnePlus Community app, switch to your Google Chrome browser)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020

mrjmartin, Artemus. and Caoimhín like this.
  2. Saenz4931
    Honeycomb Jan 15, 2020

3. P1579097643659
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2020

P1579097643659 , Jan 15, 2020 :
    after the update I have issue to turn on my phone it is stuck with the screen black and I can not do anything to turn it on.
    may be it is ringing but I can not answer at the phone. I can only reset it. and it happen more than ones.

4. Alessandro_R.
    Eclair Jan 15, 2020

Alessandro_R. , Jan 15, 2020 :
    You can root just flashing magisk.

5. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jan 15, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 15, 2020 :

Alessandro_R.

Sorry, but I didn't catch this one. Do you mean on this thread or another one on the forum? If you don't mind could you post a link? Thanks​

On this thread, many had the issues you mentioned and had rooted phones but posted suggestions to fix it. They are further up the thread, page up and you will find them. Some were on the Beta 3 thread as well yesterday before this thread was created.

6. O1541581178593
    Donut Jan 15, 2020

7. Caomhin

Simply hold down the power button and the volume up button at the same time for 10 to 15 seconds. After doing so, the device should power back on as normal with all your settings and data intact.

8. Saenz4931
    Honeycomb Jan 15, 2020

Saenz4931 , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 15, 2020 :
    what about TWRP?.. last time I tried on Beta 3. everything when great, till I rebooted the second time to TWRP.. once I rebooted the phone, it throws me to fastboot, and wouldn't do anything.. not turn off, and recovery was lost. thanks for your help.

9. Caomhin

ironass likes this.
  10. J1533852036584
    Donut Jan 15, 2020

J1533852036584 , Jan 15, 2020 :
    Problems so far.
    1)Contacts is broken too. Contacts multiplied multiple times and it isn't merging either. It just comes back again and again. Checked for viruses as well. Tried with third party apps as well as native app.
    2) Weather app is broken. Stopped working all together.
    3)Notch isn't fixed yet.
    4)The space at the bottom is still there. It's not bad but still feels unpolished.
    5)Camera has become just a tad bit faster but still needs work. I still don't understand why it isn't as smooth as it was. Community has been pointing it out for ages now. Plus front camera performance is just bad. Back camera has improved considerably since OP6 came out but front remains a disappointment. G-CAM brings the best out of front camera so it is certainly a software work.
    What works?
    1) Phone seems smoother. Last one used to have some problems while scrolling but it seems to have been fixed. Super Smooth.
    2)Battery is still the same. 4-5hrs of screentime has been consistent since A10 so no big changes there but works well nonetheless.
    3) Work Mode and Life mode is an okay feature. Not particularly useful to me as Zen Mode and occasional DND is more than enough but a good option.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020

I1556971449357 likes this.
  11. Vikash.Khoiwal
    Gingerbread Jan 15, 2020

Vikash.Khoiwal , via OnePlus 6 , Jan 15, 2020 :
    Its faced by many other op6 users having archer c5 router, it never happened with pie or any of my other devices.

12. Caomhin

13. ironass
    Lollipop Jan 15, 2020

14. Caomhin

ironass

OPEN BETA 4 UPDATE INSTALLATION

Open Beta test firmware may not always be as stable or as fully functioning as the stock official OxygenOS and installing it is entirely at your own RISK!

Once on the Open Beta channel, you will no longer receive the stock official OxygenOS OTA updates unless you revert your phone back to stock firmware, which may involve wiping your phone.

Open Beta is for experienced and competent users to assess and offer constructive feedback and submit detailed bug reports to OnePlus. Therefore, this is not a spoon feeding section of the forums.

IMPORTANT: You will not receive this update unless you are already on the Open Beta channel and have previously installed Open Beta 2 at some stage. If you are new to Open Beta firmware, you will first need to download and install Open Beta 2 via Local Upgrade before you either wait for an Open Beta 4 OTA update or download and install Open Beta 4 from the official OnePlus Downloads & Updates store and follow the instructions on how to install it.

Do not use Oxygen Updater from the Play Store or attempt to install Open Beta 4 without first installing Open Beta 2.

(If you cannot open these links in the OnePlus Community app, switch to your Google Chrome browser)​

Must be frustrating posting this info and no one takes notice. Totally headwrecking.

Hobbled to the pub, Guinness is good. Watching the Walking Unread. 🙄🙄[e]1f601[/e][e]1f61c[/e][e]1f601[/e][e]1f44d[/e][e]1f44d[/e]

mrjmartin, Artemus. and vishrutkmr7 like this.
  15. vishrutjha
    Honeycomb Jan 15, 2020

vishrutjha , via OnePlus 6 Mirror Black , Jan 15, 2020 :
    Firstly, no OTA update, and secondly..
    this might sound like nitpicking but, I hate it when I've logged in and this persists:
    1579099020715.jpg

Also, I didn't face any issues with Google Pay.. and the SafetyNet seems fine

Caoimhín likes this.
  16. Caomhin

vishrutkmr7

Firstly, no OTA update, and secondly..
    this might sound like nitpicking but, I hate it when I've logged in and this persists:
    View attachment 1233543

Also, I didn't face any issues with Google Pay.. and the SafetyNet seems fine

As a Beta 4 tester you would know that this is a user forum, and that as a Beta tester details must be submitted for feedback on a Beta software,please use the links in @Manu j. initial post in this thread to report bugs and feedback.

1579099270886.jpg

17. cmpllnt
    Froyo Jan 15, 2020

18. Lupastro82
    Gingerbread Jan 15, 2020

Lupastro82 , Jan 15, 2020 :
    I don't soffer this issue. Maybe u can try to delete cache from console?

19. vishrutjha
    Honeycomb Jan 15, 2020

vishrutjha , via OnePlus 6 Mirror Black , Jan 15, 2020 :
    I've reported it already.. posting here so as to know if other users are facing it too.. or it's just me

Chill bro... I've been a beta tester for more than a year

Caoimhín likes this.