OxygenOS Open Beta 4 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro

1. G_Антон_Русинов_qQub , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Dec 2, 2020 :
    Yes, https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-8-pro-volte-issue.1340189/

Many people saying about it, but 1+ don't care...

Everything worked out of the box on the first beta and stable version. Starting Android 11 they closed PDC ports, and we cannot fix Volte and voWi-fi issue without ROOT!

2. ritesh808
    Honeycomb Dec 2, 2020

ritesh808 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Dec 2, 2020 :
    Bluetooth is a mess on OOS11. Several bugs, instabilities.. it's just broken.
    The camera too is being weird. Cannot scan barcodes within apps, several apps are just unable to focus on the barcode, just keep looking at the barcode forever.
    Battery standby times have taken a nosedive, more so now on Beta 4.
    All of this used to work perfectly fine on OOS10. said:
    Who cares about a new UI or features when basic, core components of the OS are either broken or just dysfunctional?

D1536478086237 likes this.
  3. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Dec 2, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Dec 2, 2020 :
    I have not experianced any Bluetooth bugs myself. Using SBC and LDAC depending on gear I'm connected to. I've heard of some AAC devices being trickier though.
    Any specific apps that failes with barcodes? The apps I use work. The apps could have Android 11 issues. It's not always the OS fault.
    Have you checked the CPU freqency via for example Devcheck and compared it with after a reboot? Could it be that it never goes below 1056MHz if not rebooted?

When a new OS arrive it needs time and a lot of bugfixes to solve issues. Since Oneplus focus on jumping on the new OS early, for good and for bad... We get what we get. If even Google have a lot of issues on 11 on their own devices I would not expect that much of a miracle differance from a OS that is built on the same core.
    When 10 came 9 was very often said to be better. When 9 came....

VadVergasov likes this.
  4. ritesh808
    Honeycomb Dec 2, 2020

The first Bluetooth issue I reported started with beta 3. When you change accent colour under Customisation settings, it disconnects and kills any and all existing Bluetooth connections and reconnects again. It also reloads all open apps. This issue has been acknowledged and is being worked on by the OnePlus developers.
    The second is with AptX. Random issues like clicks, crackles, earbud button presses not recognised etc from time to time. This happens with multiple wireless earbuds from different brands.

Barcode scanning fails on the DHL app. I remember it used to work fine on Beta 1, I only noticed the failure today as I hadn't scanned any barcodes in a while. Although, I've also reported this to the developer as it very well could be an app issue. Myki password manager is another app that fails to read and pick up barcodes from store cards etc, this used to work fine earlier on OOS10.

From what I see, none of my cores go below 1075 MHz. Which is really weird.

I'm fully aware of be OS versions being buggy and needing time to settle in. I'm not new to this at all, over a decade testing and modding Android and other devices.
    This however, is in such stark contrast to how stable and well polished OOS10 was, it's somewhat shocking. They managed to break even some core components, which is not usual at all.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020

5. Swejuggalo

I installed the DHL app and use the tracking feature to access the scanner feature without creating an account. Scanned a package several times with no issues.
    This one?
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dhl.exp.dhlmobile

I'll try the Bluetooth bug.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/8-pro-beta-3-cpu-frequency-scaling.1340830/
    Could this be it? If it is correct rolling back and then upgrading fixes it... However... Trying to find a trigger myself.

6. Swejuggalo

Replicated the Bluetooth bug. It does not actually disconnect for me but stops the music and closing apps. Similar thing with changing resolution. (reported that today).

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020

7. ritesh808
    Honeycomb Dec 2, 2020

Not scanning the actual package barcodes, but, the barcode of DHL cards in the Packstation section.

1606946007262.jpg
    The Bluetooth bug related to Accent colour was reported by me about 3 weeks ago. It's already been acknowledged.

I'll look into the CPU frequency scaling issue. This might be a buggy governor. If you find anything new, let me know, because I didn't have this issue until Beta 4. In fact, didn't have a buggy governor in any device in nearly 4 years..

8. Swejuggalo

It can happen anything from below 1h to over 50h. Apperently started with beta 2 but I noticed it in beta 3.

9. ritesh808
    Honeycomb Dec 2, 2020

Started on Beta 2 and still here on beta 4!? Wow! Have they (OnePlus support) acknowledged this issue?
    From what I'm seeing on my device, there's nothing I can point to that might trigger it. A reboot fixes nothing, in fact, all cores stay at 100% for about 10 mins after a reboot, no matter what I do, use the phone or put it to the side.

10. Swejuggalo

According to the other user commenting there yes. But hard to debug. And according to him it gets fixed by rolling back to 10 and then back again.

11. Swejuggalo

I've been looking into kernel changes at GitHub too. Some commits that seems to touch the area somewhat. But my dev skills are too limited in this area 😉

12. ritesh808
    Honeycomb Dec 2, 2020

Rolling back to 10 would involve a full wipe, which I'm unwilling to do for a third time in as many months. Even if I did, there's no guarantee this issue won't show up immediately after. How have OnePlus left this be for three version updates!?

13. ritesh808
    Honeycomb Dec 2, 2020

Mine too. I'm no kernel expert either, let's hope it's ironed out soon. This is a painful issue to have.

14. TARUNSAIRT
    Eclair Dec 3, 2020

15. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Dec 3, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Dec 3, 2020 :
    Last time I checked no.
    And in settings the options is not available anymore.
    1606990234802.jpg

16. TARUNSAIRT
    Eclair Dec 3, 2020

17. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Dec 3, 2020

18. TARUNSAIRT
    Eclair Dec 3, 2020

19. CS1989
    Honeycomb Dec 3, 2020

CS1989 , Dec 3, 2020 :
    Beta 4 getting me frequently lag or stuttering... Sometime some apps FC ... Seriously.... It getting worst...I already factory reset prior to the new update. 😤😤😤