OxygenOS Open Beta 4 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro

1. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Dec 4, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Dec 4, 2020 :
    Next open beta should be first 11 build if the assumed schedule has not been delayed

2. Bec de Xorbin
    Eclair Dec 4, 2020

Bec de Xorbin , Dec 4, 2020 :
    Seems like this update is messing up the whole 5 GHz radio... Router or radio reboot is needed to recover 5 GHz. Now I'm using abysmally bad 2,4 GHz band and OP8Pro doesn't even support 40 MHz bandwidth, only 20 MHz... And any Bluetooth accessory kills 2,4 GHz wifi pretty much completely. I'm cursing the whole (unrooted) Android ecosystem for unbelieveably bad backup support. Downgrading to stable has been made as hard as possible.

3. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Dec 4, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Dec 4, 2020 :
    I haven't experianced any issues. 5GHz is stable at 1200/1200 Mbps in most parts of the apartment with slight dip at on some of the least favorable locations.
    My router is an Asus RT-AX88U with Merlin firmware. Currently alpha testing a new firmware. One of the router firmware version killed 5GHz but that seems fixed now. I use auto channel and Smart Connect (one ssid. auto switch between 5/2.4GHz). Also use WPA3.

Some users benefit by manually changing channels. Some also get improvments by using something else than the most standard WPA2.
    Some may also have a router with Bluetooth coexistant setting to decrease Bluetooth related disturbances.

4. anzzyed
    Eclair Dec 7, 2020

5. hansentw
    Eclair Dec 7, 2020

6. Kata40
    Froyo Dec 7, 2020

Kata40 , Dec 7, 2020 :
    why did you launch update version 1.1.2.2 if it has problems with youtube, and waze shows the inverted image, like in a mirror?
    why didn't you stop
    that's a big joke, how much do these devices cost!
    What support is this and what software engineers do you have?

D1536478086237 likes this.
  7. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Dec 7, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Dec 7, 2020 :
    This is the beta thread though.
    Users have hidden navigation bar or used older YouTube versions to solve it in the meantime.
    I don't know about the Waze issue myself. Sure it is the OS and not the app? Normal Waze or within Android Auto?
    I'm on beta so I might not be able to replicate those issues

8. Kata40
    Froyo Dec 7, 2020

Kata40 , Dec 7, 2020 :
    I have a problem with waze, but it can also be with waze.
    I know it's beta, but the problem persists from 1.1.2.2 to beta 4, which is after it appeared!
    It hasn't been resolved
    I have another problem, the phone is 5g, the city where the telephone provider is located also has a 5g emission, but I can't catch it, also thanks to the goodwill of Oneplus, that it doesn't solve the situation!
    So?
    Too bad it's a beautiful phone, which then has good software, flies, like 21 from which I updated
    I'm newer to oneplus, I thought they solved the problem with youtube and didn't let it go like this in the official update!

D1536478086237 likes this.
  9. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Dec 8, 2020

Swejuggalo , Dec 8, 2020 :
    I use Waze regulary but I haven't noticed an issue with it. Have you reported it via the feedback tool?
    5G can be a bit problematic. Carriers selling the phones are more prone to work it seems... But sometimes even phones are sold without VoLTE/VoWiFi support by the carrier. When I bought 7 Pro that was the case. Many sold Oneplus but very few here even bothered supporting basic features like that.
    If 5G is not working it's best to contact both Oneplus and the carrier about it to try to get a answer of why. Getting 5G connection is often some joint effort between Oneplus and the carrier. There is no guarantee that having a 5G phone actually let's you connect... It's still very far from as wide spread and ready to connect as 4G.

10. Swejuggalo

11. Suhail_ak , via OnePlus 8 Pro Glacial Green , Dec 8, 2020 :
    Battery is 45 and soc is 50 above.
    there is no gaming, some use of whatsapp,skype, browsing ...

12. Swejuggalo

13. Swejuggalo

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Dec 8, 2020 :
    Something seems to pull a lot of CPU resources. However the battery data I've seen so far does not give me a clear reason. Could hide something in full device stats.

1607425396563.jpg
    Screen is normally the top draining component for most.

If you use adb shell and type "top m -10" you should see the 10 most CPU using processes. It may give better hints on what happens on your phone.

Adb installation.
    https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/

14. Suhail_ak , via OnePlus 8 Pro Glacial Green , Dec 8, 2020 :
    1607425554595.jpg
    This is the full device usage. I will try with adb

15. Swejuggalo

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Dec 8, 2020 :
    Since it's Android System and OS in the top it may not be that easy but top - m 10 should at least give an idea of what system component that is active.
    It might not even be the system in itself but some app using a service that in it's turn goes nuts.