OxygenOS Open Beta 5 for the OnePlus 5T

1. G_James_Taaffe_MYxD
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 7, 2018

Predict23 likes this.
  2. Soulsurfer919
    Honeycomb Apr 7, 2018

Soulsurfer919 , Apr 7, 2018 :
    anyone noticing scrolling lag through out the system after few cycles of battery recharge without reboot? haven't had this issue in beta 4. only a rebooting of system seems to do the fix.

very strange issue!

Dark Lancelot likes this.
  3. Paras Chaudhary
    Gingerbread Apr 7, 2018

Paras Chaudhary , Apr 7, 2018 :
    Small Team !! Seriously.. ??

Have you ever heard about Essential Phone !!?? There team is smaller then half of OnePlus team.

And Essential Phone now running on 8.1 advanced version with April security patch.

Predict23 likes this.
  4. G_T_Bennett
    Jelly Bean Apr 7, 2018

G_T_Bennett , Apr 7, 2018 :
    Unless Essential is running the Oxygen OS this is irrelevant.

I've actually noticed I don't have the Switch app at all. Refuse to update it as well.

5. FridrufHau
    Eclair Apr 7, 2018

FridrufHau , Apr 7, 2018 :
    As this 5t is my first 1+ device I would like to ask if it is usual that we have to use beta software (which I am a fan from, but I wouldn't like wiping for going back to usual OS) for a phone with an up to date Google security patch level? Is this always the way it goes, beta for up to date software, stock is months old... if yes, will four month be enough to wait for security update, can this even last longer? I am NOT asking for ETA but for the experience until now. Thx in advance.

6. Paras Chaudhary
    Gingerbread Apr 7, 2018

Oxygen OS in Essential Phone !! [e]1f601[/e][e]1f601[/e] I'm just trying to say that 2 phones every year can't be Handled by OnePlus.

7. G_T_Bennett
    Jelly Bean Apr 7, 2018

Essential phone runs stock Android while OnePlus runs the Oxygen OS. This makes a huge difference in terms of updates and functionality.

8. Paras Chaudhary
    Gingerbread Apr 7, 2018

There are not a huge difference between Oxygen OS & Stock Android while there is a huge difference between December security patch vs April security patch...

9. BenNeverSettle
    Gingerbread Apr 7, 2018

10. G_T_Bennett
    Jelly Bean Apr 7, 2018

Anything that isn't stock is quite different. Why wouldn't all OS versions be released at the same time if this wasn't the case?

In this example I was using Chrome and expanded to full screen. Swipe to home screen and picture in picture should be located as in the photo.

11. Paras Chaudhary
    Gingerbread Apr 8, 2018

Paras Chaudhary , Apr 8, 2018 :
    G_T_Bennett

Anything that isn't stock is quite different. Why wouldn't all OS versions be released at the same time if this wasn't the case?

In this example I was using Chrome and expanded to full screen. Swipe to home screen and picture in picture should be located as in the photo.

I don't wanna go to detail of difference right now so I become agree for now that there are a quick difference but don't you think that it's a huge difference that Oxygen OS still running on December security patch & Essential Phone running on April security patch. Around 4 months difference !! seriously...??

12. H1522802499141
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2018

H1522802499141 , Apr 8, 2018 :
    hi, I had switched off my 5t for a while and switched it on. it did no reboot. but there was a keyboard display. I entered the security code and then it started rebooting. again I switched off and switched on . rebooting was proper. anyone has faced this problem, is this activity related to some bug or virus.

rgds

jayaram

13. vinay 5t
    Gingerbread Apr 8, 2018

FridrufHau likes this.
  14. IgorT76
    Gingerbread Apr 8, 2018

E1516024049607 and the_reckoner like this.
  15. Lethaljoe
    Honeycomb Apr 8, 2018

Lethaljoe , Apr 8, 2018 :
    I'm thinking about making the switch to the beta path. Just a couple of questions before I 100% decide if I do.

Is this a good build to start from, or should I flash a previous ROM? And is ayone using this as a daily driver?

16. 2pints
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 8, 2018

2pints , Apr 8, 2018 :
    The lack of software updates is concerning, the lack of security updates is troubling.

Still on securuty patch level 1st December 2017 as of April 2018
    Google release security patches once per month, if Oneplus were bothered their devices wouldnt be running with out of date security

FridrufHau likes this.
  17. Intruder71
    Lollipop Apr 8, 2018

Intruder71 , Apr 8, 2018 :
    Shame we don't use Google updates then eh?

18. Funk Wizard
    Moderator Moderator Apr 8, 2018

Funk Wizard , Apr 8, 2018 :
    Merged to beta thread, please continue discussion there

19. Tullio1977
    Honeycomb Apr 8, 2018

Tullio1977 , Apr 8, 2018 :
    Si l'hanno ritirata. Purtroppo oneplus ha ritirato il download. Non si capisce il perché

AbhishekS287 likes this.
  20. Artemus.
    Community Hero 2020 Apr 9, 2018