OxygenOS Open Beta 5 for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T

1. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Mar 30, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 30, 2020 :
    There were some suggestions posted in your previous post. And a search for heat, heating and or Pubg will get you many replies to other posted queries.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/heating-oneplus-6-handset.1009196/

Most of what you experience with Pubg is down to he developers Not updating their game development for Android 10. Its happening on Other manufacturers phones as well.

Try the steps below to see if it can help.

Just in case there is an App hogging resources, causing Heat issues, causing lag, Battery drain or freezing, clear your recent apps, also try setting 3rd party apps to Optimize in Settings Battery, only leave the ones you need run in the background or to notify you such as messages, email, Google Services, oneplus etc on Intelligent control.

Android may take a few days to optimize those apps after setting them to Optimize depending on your usage of those apps. A10 has its own learning curve.

Also charge your phone to full and restart it after optimizing, and see if that helps.

Check App battery stats at about 50% and see if there are particular apps using more resources than necessary.

A definitive guide to everything that affects smartphone battery life

https://www.androidauthority.com/smartphone-battery-life-drain-causes-1071423/

drl431, rhyd1am and Artemus. like this.
  2. rhyd1am
    KitKat Mar 30, 2020

rhyd1am , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 30, 2020 :
    That is the current beta. Beta 34 is the latest beta, it is titled beta 5 at the top of this thread because it is the 5th Android 10 beta.

3. 4sheesh
    Honeycomb Mar 30, 2020

4sheesh , via OnePlus 6 , Mar 30, 2020 :
    our phones got too older to get updates i guess so thats why there is no beta update since 1 month , sorry but newer devices got 2 beta though in this mean while time and even getting new stable too !! i know there would be many excuses bt somewhere its correct

4. rhyd1am
    KitKat Mar 30, 2020

rhyd1am , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 30, 2020 :
    You'd think that in the current situation with a global pandemic going on, people losing their jobs, financial security, and in many cases their lives, that there might be a little understanding with regards to things like update schedules etc.

I guess this just isn't the case with everyone 🤷‍♂️

5. 4sheesh
    Honeycomb Mar 31, 2020

4sheesh , via OnePlus 6 , Mar 31, 2020 :

actually i knew the answer what it would be....
    btw i admit that and understand current situation but just think there would be a new device release on 14th April and 7 series getting constant update bt when it comes to 6 series then there is pandemic ! Sorry i should haven't said that while over all of this but i feel little partiality

Archit@123 and vinodshrmaa like this.
  6. B_Wrath
    Nougat Mar 31, 2020

B_Wrath , Mar 31, 2020 :
    Our phone is 2 years old. We need to deal with it.

drl431, ironass, Caoimhín and 2 others like this.
  7. vinodshrmaa
    Gingerbread Mar 31, 2020

vinodshrmaa , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 31, 2020 :
    Common Oneplus...it is enough. How long this beta will continue ? You can not continue with this beta till our survival. Now it is high time to release stable version in relation with this beta.

8. MMuralidhar
    Gingerbread Mar 31, 2020

MMuralidhar , via OnePlus 6 , Mar 31, 2020 :

B_Wrath

Our phone is 2 years old. We need to deal with it.​

no complaint , but 6T is just 1.5 years old
    and AOD was launched with OP6 now we are not sure it will be back for this device or not

9. rhyd1am
    KitKat Mar 31, 2020

rhyd1am , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 31, 2020 :
    Obviously the 7 series will take priority over the 6 series, as it is the more recent line of devices. The priority switches to the newer line of devices with any company in the Android ecosystem, but you're still getting much greater software support with OnePlus than with almost any other Android manufacturer.

drl431 and Artemus. like this.
  10. Maverick2.0
    KitKat Mar 31, 2020

Maverick2.0 , Mar 31, 2020 :

True. Just an update (whenever it may arrive) with AOD will breath new life into my OP 6. Can easily use it for another year.

drl431 and Artemus. like this.
  11. B_Wrath
    Nougat Mar 31, 2020

B_Wrath , Mar 31, 2020 :
    Hopefully they will provide. Let's see.

Artemus., Maverick2.0 and Caoimhín like this.
  12. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Mar 31, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 31, 2020 :
    The 6 and 6T will both get plenty of updates over the next year or more, you will probably even get Android 11.

But it won't be when you or others demand it, it will be when OnePlus have the software updates ready.

So sit back, play, use your phone, install next update, play, use your phone, rinse & repeat. Plenty of life left in these phones yet.

No reason why they won't last another few years, plenty of OnePlus 3 & 3Ts around still functioning fine.

And then you can also go Custom ROM in a couple of year's. By which time the OnePlus 10 or Oneplus 11 will be out.

13. viva_la_tko , via OnePlus 6T Midnight Black , Mar 31, 2020 :
    Can someone please tell me what's wrong with Toolbox in shelf? It always supported 10 apps but now it supports 9 and every single time I tap "edit" it says It only supports 9 apps. Does anyone has the same problem as I do?
    The version of OnePlus launcher that I'm using is 4.3.5
    1585647091188.jpg

1585647091219.jpg

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020

14. MMuralidhar
    Gingerbread Mar 31, 2020

MMuralidhar , via OnePlus 6 , Mar 31, 2020 :
    I didn't ask when next update is coming , so don't think taht much explanation and unnecessary details are required.
    I only said AOD will be available for OP6 or not in future updates is not guaranteed as of now

15. Caomhin

And I was merely pointing out that updates will continue for the 6 series phones. Whether other features are included or not, is down to OnePlus and the capabilities of the hardware.

You can make suggestions directly to OnePlus using the feedback tool, if enough request a feature, they may introduce it, depending on the capabilities as mentioned above.

16. Caomhin

And where do you think it will fit, you have 9 icons and the edit option.

If you wish to make suggestions to OnePlus to increase the icons, send them a suggestion using the Feedback section.

Artemus., ironass and viva_la_tko like this.
  17. Caomhin

No need to defend anything. It's all a given, and updates are going to happen whether you like it or not. They just won't happen when you demand it, but when OnePlus decide the software is ready.

7 and 8 Series will be their priority, its the business model of all manufacturers to prioritise their most recent phones.

Get over yourself and just deal with what you have for now.

Artemus. likes this.
  18. viva_la_tko , via OnePlus 6T Midnight Black , Mar 31, 2020 :
    Yeah in previous updates "edit" was long press and on the corner was an option to edit but I really don't like this version. Edit icon was always hidden, why it can't be hidden now? If I'm going to suggest something I can already say they won't listen because "it's a new update, it's a new feature, deal with that".

19. OnePlusEditor
    Eclair Mar 31, 2020

OnePlusEditor , Mar 31, 2020 :
    [QUOTE = "Caomhin, posta: 21447399, üye: 1870372"] Hiçbir şeyi savunmanıza gerek yok. Her şey belirli ve güncellemeler hoşunuza gidip gelmeyecek. Talep ettiğiniz zaman gerçekleşmezler, ancak OnePlus yazılımın hazır olduğuna karar verdiğinde.

7 ve 8 Serisi onların önceliği olacak, en son telefonlarına öncelik vermek tüm üreticilerin iş modeli.

Kendinizi ele geçirin ve şimdilik sahip olduklarınızla ilgilenin. [/ QUOTE]

you are a greaser.

20. Caomhin

Wow, such hostility, you remind me of a child who throws their toys out of the pram and then starts bawling. But like Trump. [e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e]

Artemus. and Pepa1977 like this.