OxygenOS Open Beta 5 for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro

1. daribarat
    Cupcake Nov 11, 2019

2. JmcRepair33
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 11, 2019

JmcRepair33 , Nov 11, 2019 :
    what can you do. that's life you know, should of seen how slow it was i dp3 and 4, its back to fast compared to before, Compared to pie its comparable i maybe .001 off of a second mine is fast as hell on Beta 5

3. dharmeshbhojani , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Blue , Nov 11, 2019 :
    Please Update Gallary and Whatsapp Issues for Oneplus 7.
    As it doesn't work properly and unable to attach photos on Whatsapp for send to other.

Slo-mo video not work properly at Night. please upgrade FPS lower so that we can shoot proper video at night.

overall superb

4. Dinpai7
    Froyo Nov 11, 2019

Dinpai7 , via OnePlus 7 , Nov 11, 2019 :
    Hi OP Users,

Opting for Beta ROM/UPDATE, we receive too many beta updates till the time majour bugs are fixed for stable release.

Do frequent unstable or beta upgradation damage phone performance or battery or durability.

Looking for genuine answers from all tech expert OP users.

Regards,
    OP 7 User

5. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Nov 11, 2019 :
    Slowmotion needs more light compared to normal recording. So I'm not sure your problem is possible to solve.

Not so sure that issue with WhatsApp is on Oneplus to solve. There have been so many issues with WhatsApp that I lost count long time ago. And that includes other 10 upgraded devices. Report those issues both to app developer and OnePlus.

Please use the feedback tool to report this issue. It exist within the community app.

If they need more info they will contact you via PM.
    View attachment 1165224

6. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Nov 11, 2019 :

vjdinesh007

Hi OP Users,

Opting for Beta ROM/UPDATE, we receive too many beta updates till the time majour bugs are fixed for stable release.

Do frequent unstable or beta upgradation damage phone performance or battery or durability.

Looking for genuine answers from all tech expert OP users.

Regards,
    OP 7 User​

I don't think every second week updates matter that much in the long run. I don't know any details about how many writes the storage can handle. But if you compare all the written data during the phone life time...All app and game updates, all photos, all recorded videos, all log files... Depending on what kind of user you are the update files might be a very small part of that.

Also keep in mind that most users make use of incremental updates. That makes the updates wear even smaller.

vjdinesh007 likes this.
  7. Dinpai7
    Froyo Nov 11, 2019

Dinpai7 , via OnePlus 7 , Nov 11, 2019 :
    Thank You for the useful reply [e]1f44d[/e]

8. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Nov 11, 2019 :
    Regarding battery... It kind of depends on how much drain and extra charging you may get due to beta issues. Very hard so say really. You can get the same effect on stable due to wacky Google play services or a bad app update that all the sudden drains battery like crazy.

RandyManLB and vjdinesh007 like this.
  9. JmcRepair33
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 11, 2019

JmcRepair33 , Nov 11, 2019 :
    Been Flashing Since the HTC DREAM Aka First Android phone released, Probably flashed roms over 1000 times. Doesn't not cause issues. Just Issues sometimes if you dirty flash where you need to do a reset, But that would be just Software Confliction. No Damage to your phone even if you reset.

vjdinesh007 and RandyManLB like this.
  10. RandyManLB
    Froyo Nov 11, 2019

RandyManLB , via OnePlus 7 , Nov 11, 2019 :
    I'm getting faster battery drain on OB5 than OB4, but it's not "horrible". Reported via feedback tool.

11. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Nov 11, 2019 :
    Seen a few reporting that. Hopefully improved in next beta. The good thing about beta. Not that long until next [e]1f609[/e]

RandyManLB likes this.
  12. RandyManLB
    Froyo Nov 11, 2019

RandyManLB , via OnePlus 7 , Nov 11, 2019 :
    Wow. This took me back. Started flashing custom ROMs with HTC Diamond. Still have the phone. [e]1f60a[/e]

JmcRepair33 likes this.
  13. JJJayKob
    Eclair Nov 11, 2019

14. G_Ankit_Tripathi_EqyW
    Cupcake Nov 11, 2019

15. J1572444363366
    Cupcake Nov 12, 2019

16. Amlan Sen
    Donut Nov 12, 2019

Amlan Sen , Nov 12, 2019 :
    battery drain is increased irrespective of resolution or refresh rate........before it used only 2% while screen is off for 6 hrs.....now it using 6% when screen is off for 6 hrs.......it is same for all resolution & refresh rate.....& screen on time also decreased.......

17. Elvin Jojo
    Cupcake Nov 12, 2019

18. Z1573534086612
    Cupcake Nov 12, 2019

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019

19. Sanket_Shivgan
    Eclair Nov 12, 2019

20. B k
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 12, 2019

B k , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 12, 2019 :
    no cutout.. gone

use feedback tool to suggest op