OxygenOS Open Beta 5 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro

1. Abdul B.
    OxygenOS Operations Staff Member Dec 22, 2020

Abdul B. , Dec 22, 2020 :
    Hey everyone

Here are the latest open beta builds for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro.

Changelog
    • System
      • Optimized the startup speed of some apps for a faster launch experience
      • Fixed the small probability issue that receiving messages may delay
      • Fixed the issue that the volume adjustment has a small probability of failure
      • Fixed the small probability issue that the speaker doesn't work
      • Updated Android security patch to 2020.12
    • Camera
      • Refresh the animation effects when activating the front camera
    • Game Space
      • Newly added Rewind Recording where you can record the exciting moments in the game of past 30 seconds with just one tap (Swipe down from the upper left or right corner to quickly open in the Gaming Tools)
    • Bluetooth
      • Fixed the issue that the call may freeze when receiving the phone when playing music via Bluetooth

Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are sometimes not as stable as our official OTAs generally are. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks. For those who were on previous versions for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro, we appreciate your active feedback and for reaching out to us. With your help, we have been able to better optimize and improve several key areas. Thank you for your patience and as always, we look forward to getting your continued feedback via the Community app.
    [​IMG]

If you don't have the Community app installed on your device, feel free to download it HERE. You can check here for more information on the integrated Feedback tool.

Please note:
    • If you have already flashed an Open Beta (you are currently running the latest Open Beta), you will receive this new build as an OTA.
    • If you are not running open beta software and would like to, please refer to the flashing instructions and the full ROM on the downloads page here.
    • Once you migrate to the Beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will no longer receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.
    • Moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (full wipe of all data and cache).
    Make sure to let us know how you feel about the beta builds here in the thread too. We are watching.

Never Settle.

2. LakshayDhiman
    Honeycomb Dec 22, 2020

L1599774942306 likes this.
  3. Sarvesh_Shukla
    Donut Dec 22, 2020

4. hku2
    Eclair Dec 22, 2020

hku2 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Dec 22, 2020 :
    5G is still not enabled for my carrier (Vodafone Ireland) with this build. I have been updating tickets and providing logs since the first OOS11 builds,. I can't believe that something as simple as enabling a 5G profile is taking this long.
    This will unfortunately be the last OnePlus device I use, which sucks because I otherwise like the 8 Pro very much. 5G has been one of the selling points for this device however, and at this stage it's simply false advertising.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020

5. tylerstyle
    Donut Dec 22, 2020

6. rahuldw181
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 22, 2020

rahuldw181 , via OnePlus 8 Pro Glacial Green , Dec 22, 2020 :
    How many of u facing issue with fingerprint scanner? i have OnePlus 8 pro and OnePlus nord also. i have installed a local tempered glass on nord and fingerprint scanner works flawlessly. but with OnePlus 8 pro i have so many problems. i have changed 3 tempered glasses. none worked well. tpu film is another option that i don't want to try. any suggestions. please reply.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020

7. dadoudidouda
    Gingerbread Dec 22, 2020

dadoudidouda , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Dec 22, 2020 :
    Same problem with 5G here in France.
    I have a contract with Bouygues Telecom and pay for 5G but can't use it because of OnePlus.
    Like it's been said before, 5G is one of the main selling point of the device and I bought it partly because of it.
    I've had OnePlus phones for years but the OnePlus 8 Pro will certainly be my last

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020

8. Orbeatle
    Donut Dec 22, 2020

Orbeatle , Dec 22, 2020 :
    I've got this issue with the photo gallery that everytime I open the gallery it takes a while before all pictures are scanned/counted. Is this an issue with the beta? Or does the official build have this issue as well?

9. ManuPoonia
    Froyo Dec 22, 2020

ManuPoonia , via OnePlus 8 , Dec 22, 2020 :
    In some time Oneplus will become Xiaomi in software department. Because the whole operating system is buggy. Even oneplus stock apps are also take too much time to load like gallery and message. Camera quality is very horrible at this time. In this price range the camera should be good but it's worse. They provide best hardware but without software it's nothing. Oneplus should seriously think about software department. I got beta 5 and it's also so much buggy ..

T41LS, Ereh, Q1596808753230 and 18 others like this.
  10. Bec de Xorbin
    Eclair Dec 22, 2020

11. Does!Compute
    KitKat Dec 22, 2020

Does!Compute , Dec 22, 2020 :
    In Ambient Display?

12. Linkin1994
    Honeycomb Dec 22, 2020

Linkin1994 , Dec 22, 2020 :
    Wipe cache in recovery.

13. Does!Compute
    KitKat Dec 22, 2020

You're running beta software, and then asking for stability? Do read the 1st post of the thread, maybe?

14. ManuPoonia
    Froyo Dec 22, 2020

15. ManuPoonia
    Froyo Dec 22, 2020

ManuPoonia , via OnePlus 8 , Dec 22, 2020 :
    Bro the stable one is more worse than beta. I am using both in different phones, in one phone beta and in other stable version.

Leonuts likes this.
  16. Does!Compute
    KitKat Dec 22, 2020

Same. And the Stable has a little more consistent battery backup for me. Both are extremely stable though

17. Orbeatle
    Donut Dec 22, 2020

Orbeatle , Dec 22, 2020 :
    Where do I do this? Stupid question maybe.. You mean doing a factory reset without wiping data?

Z1599987186100 likes this.
  18. Bec de Xorbin
    Eclair Dec 22, 2020

I1572052715870 likes this.
  19. Linkin1994
    Honeycomb Dec 22, 2020

Linkin1994 , Dec 22, 2020 :
    wipe cache is other than factory reset no data will be deleted
    On the other hand, a software will never be perfect there is always an error in it you should also watch how a user uses everyone else uses their phone

20. Jayesh1190
    Gingerbread Dec 22, 2020