OxygenOS Open Beta 5 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro

1. Ronak_Jhatakia
    Gingerbread Jan 7, 2021

2. Swejuggalo
    Community Bug Hunter Jan 7, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jan 7, 2021 :
    Exactly my thought and why I planned to compare with a other device.

Arjun_Choudhry likes this.

3. brmbjn
    Gingerbread Jan 7, 2021

4. LLCC
    Gingerbread Jan 7, 2021

LLCC , Jan 7, 2021 :
    Should I use the rollback zip into open beta 1 thread to rollback? Also if I’m on current open beta version?

5. L1604741068424
    Cupcake Jan 7, 2021

L1604741068424 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jan 7, 2021 :
    Why we are not getting the updates .. why one plus is slow now to give updates .. how much time should we wait for the updates .. you are providing updates to other one plus phones but why not concerned about your flagships phones .. kindly give the updates in one plus 8 series ..no monthly updates we are receiving..

6. hakeemuddin
    Froyo Jan 7, 2021

7. hakeemuddin
    Froyo Jan 7, 2021

hakeemuddin , via OnePlus 8 , Jan 7, 2021 :
    I know that is the bad thing happened in OnePlus , the monthly updates doesn't come on its time
    But it's ok now because the new update has came out
    Gg

8. L1604741068424
    Cupcake Jan 7, 2021

L1604741068424 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jan 7, 2021 :
    Earlier I used to listen that one plus is the first one to give updates in there phones but now they are not concerned about updates .. why they are lagging behind than other companies are doing much better in giving updates .. and I havent received any new update since last month ..

9. G_Chee_Seng_vsTK
    Gingerbread Jan 7, 2021

G_Chee_Seng_vsTK , Jan 7, 2021 :
    Bro I understand your hobby, but I'm paying premium price for this device to use daily... Im on stable and it so UNSTABLE. It lag, hang and also apps crash ... How to justify this ? That why I'm not using beta for now. We user paying expensive phone but getting very bad updates each times..

Oh u mentioned about the logs feedback etc. I have purple tint with the camera photos and already sent to them. Almost 2 months but Oneplus still no update anything ... Haha... Thanks OnePelas

10. Swejuggalo

I've monitored Pixel forums... Searched specific issues on for example Samsung. Compared SD865 phones.. Compared Android 11 on different phones...
    Sometimes I've found very similar situations, even identical problems (ofcource even when all the blame was put on Oneplus) and so on... And ofcourse people with no issues at all (just like many people here).
    Wife complains on her Samsung s20+ since it got Android 11... And surprice surprice. I found a guy complaining on one of the problems on a Oneplus too.
    Personally due to all the reading I think Android 11 had a pretty bumpy ride. I've been on beta since Developer Preview 3. And never left (and never will). In my specific case nothing really serious has happened. And for some there have been complete havoc and barely usable phones.
    It has always been that way as far as I have seen. Some have a great experiance. Some have a pure hell.

Some even use hacked and hrm... "free" apps... and have absolutely no idea of how things could go wrong and missbehave.

The very wide experiance differance can't all be blamed on just Oneplus. It could be the installed apps. Backed up data. Self-made modifications. And those pesky "free" things that sometimes comes with free side effects...
    The very same wide experiance differance exists on other brands too.

I don't know the details and why and when you get your issues. All we can do is to report it in detail and discuss them with other users. Sometimes users have good hints and even solutions to some issues

Your camera issue was that with back camera or selfie?
    They have solved the selfie camera issue with reflections in hardened glass (some haze, strange effect due to the white ring). I saw someone with some purple tone on dark photos. Was it yours perhaps? Anyway those looked pretty bad. Can not replicate that behavior myself.
    If I can replicate someone's issues I usually end up reporting it (unless I'm pretty sure they have plenty info available already).

BA_Baracus and denisk like this.
  11. sam311
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 7, 2021

sam311 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 7, 2021 :
    When do you think the auspicious day will come for OP 7 serie for A11 or for the Security patches

12. Swejuggalo

All I know is that the first open betas was delayed due to some driver bug causing failing encryption.

13. rpruthvi9277@gma
    Honeycomb Jan 7, 2021

rpruthvi9277@gma , via OnePlus 8 , Jan 7, 2021 :
    Bro, can you help me with Indian version of open beta 5 for OnePlus 8 please?

I tried to download from multiple sources, not able to download files completely ,

File is around 3.06 gb, all the times, it is stopping at 2.5 gb, tried in different browsers, and tried in pc aswell,

No luck so far :(

14. Swejuggalo

Oxygen Updater might help. It support resumed downloads and verfied md5 when downloaded.
    Set it up like this to access beta.

1610056846765.jpg

1610056846803.jpg
    What firmware are you on now?

15. G_Chee_Seng_vsTK
    Gingerbread Jan 7, 2021

G_Chee_Seng_vsTK , Jan 7, 2021 :
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-8-pro-camera-purple-tint-issue.1347802/

Main camera. It definitely software issue from oneplus. Hahaha.. and they ignored all this complaint.

16. Tee_Eee_Bee
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 8, 2021

Tee_Eee_Bee , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jan 8, 2021 :
    If you use Gboard, it already had a height setting, go to:
    Settings > System > Languages and input > Virtual keyboard > Gboard > Preferences

17. rpruthvi9277@gma
    Honeycomb Jan 8, 2021

18. hakeemuddin
    Froyo Jan 8, 2021

hakeemuddin , via OnePlus 8 , Jan 8, 2021 :
    Hello this is OnePlus 8 series section

19. brmbjn
    Gingerbread Jan 8, 2021

brmbjn , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jan 8, 2021 :
    1610079431726.jpg