OxygenOS Open Beta 5 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro

1. Cumir
    Eclair Feb 2, 2021

Cumir , Feb 2, 2021 :
    this would be true if only our software did not match the 8t, except for the screen sweep which does not carry any value in terms of the program code. 8t gets everything on time, its battery life is slightly better than on a regular 8, I wonder why ? And so this is just an indicator that OnePlus Explain, if they are there fixing problems, why did not Volte do the normal work? Why haven't they added a real black theme until now, as people asked (this idea won the competition), why, when listening to music on the lock screen, has this disgusting song cover again since android 9, when Google removed it? (On beta 2 everything was fine ) (written with a translator)

Mike_Jiang likes this.
  2. Arjun_Choudhry
    KitKat Feb 2, 2021

Arjun_Choudhry , Feb 2, 2021 :
    The 8T has a bigger battery, so it should lead to longer battery backup, especially if the use case involves lots of videos and camera, or things where the 120Hz display isn't going to suck the battery.
    Also, the 8T has no Open Beta and is also stuck on November 2020 security patch. Maybe check the facts before stating incorrect information on the forums?
    The Dark Grey theme, instead of Black, was selected by OnePlus due to greater legibility in bright conditions, and a more noticeable gradient between the dark and lighter areas (which was noticable when I tried DP3 for the first time). Maybe they are looking to optimise the dark mode, without actually letting go of these drawbacks of the full black mode. Pure black also leads to Black Smearing on AMOLED displays.
    I have had VoLTE working for me on OOS 11 since DP3, so I don't have that issue. Might be region or carrier specific.
    Maybe use the feedback section of the forum for the Song Cover change that you want. It doesn't bother me, so I am not gonna do the dirty work for you.

Mike_Jiang and Swejuggalo like this.
  3. Cumir
    Eclair Feb 2, 2021

Cumir , Feb 2, 2021 :
    200 more? Oneplus 8 has 90 hertz, not 120 and you are telling me about facts? Stop, they have a big difference in autonomy. Volte also worked for me until the second beta, now it does not work, I am glad for you, but if this is not your problem, it does not mean that it does not exist, strange logic. The cover of the song does not bother you, it bothers me, since this is done at the system level, because in other versions of android 11 and Google in particular, everything works fine, and oneplus broke everything again after the second beta. These are all mistakes, about gray, people asked for a choice of black and gray, this idea won and was pleasantly received by the community, but again this is not the case, if everything suits you it does not mean that there are no problems. Volte, disgusting cover of songs, gray theme, autonomy, in my region there is still disgusting localization in my region, but I do not write it down.

Mike_Jiang likes this.
  4. Arjun_Choudhry
    KitKat Feb 2, 2021

Arjun_Choudhry , Feb 2, 2021 :
    5 percent bigger battery, significantly larger cooling system, and you're saying that it won't lead to a difference? Considering you use a translator to convert your text to English, I'm pretty sure you didn't understand my point. You brought up the 8T, and I mentioned that the extra drain on the 8T due to the display will be minimal in case of use cases where the display switches back to 60Hz.
    In case of video, camera, and any non-scrolling screen, the screen switches to 60Hz on both 8 and 8T. The only difference will be the bigger battery and better cooling on the 8T, which will lead to better battery backup.
    As for your other issues, submit logs in the feedback section of the forums.
    Considering the newer amoled displays have a lower and grainier illumination level towards lower brightness levels, greys are pushed towards black, leading to splotchiness in the darker shades. And pure black leads to Black Smearing. Just because an idea is accepted, it doesn't mean it will be implemented at the earliest. They should optimise it properly, including the case where the High-Brightness mode is activated, and for low brightness levels where greys are crushed, instead of rolling out a full black theme at the earliest.
    If you have an issue, provide logs, like for the VoLTE issue. Either way, this is a Beta. There will be issues. If you can't handle it, use the Stable. If you want to help fix the bugs, provide logs. If you don't want to do either, then no one can help you with the issues you're facing.

Swejuggalo likes this.
  5. Cumir
    Eclair Feb 2, 2021

Cumir , Feb 2, 2021 :
    Now I understand you, nevertheless, my personal autonomy is worse, I have already sent all the reports, since beta 2, on a stable assembly the situation is not much better. There are many complaints, they do not fix them already 3 versions later, but about the black theme, it all worked fine on android 10, it's better than a greenish gray color, for sure

Javed_Gabriel and snabb like this.

6. dadoudidouda
    Froyo Feb 2, 2021

dadoudidouda , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Feb 2, 2021 :
    That's what happen when most if not all bugs in a beta have been identified and users are waiting for the next beta tinder if their reported bugs have been fixed

7. Jermonius
    Donut Feb 2, 2021

AhmedAhdach and Mike_Jiang like this.
  8. dadoudidouda
    Froyo Feb 2, 2021

dadoudidouda , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Feb 2, 2021 :
    With some luck beta 6 is a bit long to arrive because they're integrating the security patch from February

matthew.dattilo likes this.
  9. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Feb 2, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Feb 2, 2021 :
    They relesed the December security the 22th. That build was made the 12th. I'm sure beta 6 is already built and just waits on internal testing to approve it.

10. FlugzeugSK
    Honeycomb Feb 2, 2021

FlugzeugSK , Feb 2, 2021 :
    hope they will made it before chinese new year, which comes next week
    all china will be off for a week or so...

Mike_Jiang and amitpharande like this.
  11. AhmedAhdach
    Froyo Feb 2, 2021

AhmedAhdach , Feb 2, 2021 :
    Best Oneplus, and Oneplus users,

This is an open forum. Why does Oneplus censor our messages, if we treat them with respect, we only share our experiences and express criticism that is justified. How can oneplus look the other way, when complaints are raining on the forum, and people are very disappointed. It is our right to express ourselves, if the seller does not stick to their own agreements, and promisses. We pay a lot of money as a customer for the product, we want service in return. And transparency. And not that messages from people are deleted, they did not like. That testifies to dictatorship.
    What else is the reason you delete our messages?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021

12. AlloTomato
    Honeycomb Feb 2, 2021

13. Alejandrofdez343
    Froyo Feb 2, 2021

Alejandrofdez343 , Feb 2, 2021 :
    it says nothing about Oneplus. it is just a photograph of a Samsung and a Oneplus. and it says that this month the dp1 version of Android 12 is released by Google. and ask what version of Android and on what device is each user. We won't see Android 12 on Oneplus 8 until 2022, like Android 11 on Oneplus 7

14. itz_akshay_
    Cupcake Feb 2, 2021

15. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Feb 2, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Feb 2, 2021 :
    Yeah would be kind of bad if not relesed before that.

16. lkysmruti
    Donut Feb 3, 2021

Mike_Jiang and hsoc like this.
  17. Kovaljet
    Cupcake Feb 3, 2021

Mike_Jiang likes this.