OxygenOS Open Beta 5 for the OnePlus Nord

1. alextoledo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 19, 2021

alextoledo , Jul 19, 2021 :
    When you expose yourself to install a BETA version you accept the consent that it is under your responsibility they do not force you to be, this channel should be used by people with high knowledge in the field that really contribute knowledge of value to the development team and not users eager to test new features and then go complaining that the system does not work properly ... If you are in BETA you accept that everything published is subject to fail or be unstable and not for that reason they are in the obligation to release versions every week.

2. NishitPatel99 , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Jul 19, 2021 :
    Did i mentioned anywhere that 'i am using it for new features' & asked for versions every week??? Because i can't see that anywhere!!!
    If you are a nord user then you might be aware that there's no OB release since april'21...
    I'm just asking about clarification whether the beta is discontinued or something else is going on!!!

IF YOU ARE NOT A NORD USER THEN KINDLY STAY AWAY FROM THIS TOPIC.

3. Abhishek@nord
    Honeycomb Jul 19, 2021

Abhishek@nord , Jul 19, 2021 :
    So atleast provide security patch update....

NishitPatel99 likes this.
  4. Abhishek@nord
    Honeycomb Jul 19, 2021

Or give information that Open Beta has been discontinued and please roll back to stable version.....

5. Abhishek@nord
    Honeycomb Jul 19, 2021

6. Abhishek@nord
    Honeycomb Jul 19, 2021

G.Praveen and NishitPatel99 like this.
  7. Abhishek@nord
    Honeycomb Jul 19, 2021

Just tell me one thing..... didn't they released 11 Open Beta Updates for OnePlus 8 series.....

G.Praveen and NishitPatel99 like this.
  8. Abhishek@nord
    Honeycomb Jul 19, 2021

Tell me one another thing...... didn't they released 6 Open Beta Updates for OnePlus 8T while it already came out-of-the-box with Oxygen Os11 stable version.....

G.Praveen likes this.
  9. alextoledo

He is right that the user should not care whether the company is making changes or not, because what is important for us is the product, which is what we pay for. But I am afraid that everything is a pyramid structure, if the base, which is the company, is involved in other matters, it is logical that this will affect the user to a greater or lesser extent.

I mean, they have embarked on a "merger" with OPPO in a legal way since we all know that all the models were siblings of the parent company OPPO. OK, they have to restructure a lot of things. After a few days the news comes out, OxygenOS will be inside ColorOS, this means that all those development staff must start working on something "new" or at least they are in charge of another department. Android 11 didn't work as well as the previous version, maybe they are making an effort to adopt Android 12 quickly? Who knows... It's true that it's a bit embarrassing that a July update brings the June security patch, maybe they could release even a minimal OTA with the security patch, that wouldn't cost anything.

I am not fanboy and I am the first that if something does not do well says it and criticizes it, but I think OnePlus has been like that since its elections giving a very aggressive hype that then was not as expected, that there have been numerous times that has played against him but it is his philosophy and knows what he faces, instead we as users are in the end who fall into that marketing and buy the products of the brand that is and according to our experience of use volemos to buy the same brand or not.

k.d.patel292 likes this.
  10. Abhishek@nord
    Honeycomb Jul 19, 2021

Tell me one last thing...... didn't they said during the launch of OnePlus Nord that it has the same software policy as of OnePlus 8 series ?

G.Praveen likes this.
  11. alextoledo

I have been a Nord user since the launch, swallowed by the clutches of PRE-Order. I know the beta has been stagnant for months and there is no sign of that changing anytime soon.

You may be a tech enthusiast and like to beta test releases, it is certainly good to have users who can test BETA releases and see their stability, etc. I don't think any member of the team will clarify in a commentary why they do or don't do their OpenBeta, we may think it's related to the famous union with OPPO as these things have been handled internally for a longer time when they come out in the press. Maybe they've already written off OOS11 and won't consider having any more betas until OOS12? We don't know, we can only speculate and wait as it is not something that is in our hands.

Sorry I didn't mean to take it out on you, but it was a criticism of many users who do ask for all requirements in a BETA channel 😉.

12. alextoledo

If the BETA channel is on standby, maybe it's time to switch to the stable channel (I understand it's a hassle to lose all the information and a bit tedious) so that you have at least the June patch.

I don't know if it's because of the slowness of the updates or if they wait to have enough changes to release the OTAs, but it's rare that they usually release security patches on a monthly basis. This is something to be criticised, as according to the update policy they are supposed to arrive correctly in their respective months.

13. k.d.patel292
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2021

k.d.patel292 , via OnePlus Nord , Jul 19, 2021 :
    Ok but at least give security patch we all stuck in April security patch
    Almost 3 month complete still there is no update
    I report many bug but they don't fix anything
    We don't pay small amount we pay 30k for nord and it is not small amount
    See the samsung update policy they provide all beta and stable update time to time..
    Because they care about all range of customer cheap too falship phone
    Millions of people buy nord bcz they trust on ONEPLUS

And here you see they don't provide time to time update and security patch and they create hipe for nord 2 !!

ONEPLUS scam with midrange users

Nord is most selling smartphone than any other ONEPLUS devise

RIP ONEPLUS
    Never settle

Vishnu.Zmr likes this.
  14. alextoledo

Good marketing, the main sensor is the same? Do they work the same? That is no longer of interest because it has an impact on sales. The same goes for updates, promising is free, now when they arrive and how... is another matter.

To the public it is positive and gives a good image to offer 3 years of security updates and 2 system updates, is that right? Seen from the user's point of view, NO. For them as a company, YES.

We can debate a thousand issues but in the end it will always be the same, the confrontation between the interests of the company versus those of the end user. They only want to make more and more money, and they even neglect certain things. We want everything to be perfect within the possibilities.

15. alextoledo

Those of you who are in BETA understand you and surely you have your reasons for staying on that channel and not going to the stable.

It is clear that the following happens here, OnePlus made a hole in the market by offering things that the competition could not do or did not want, but this has been diluted like water ... as a company sales have prevailed (partly logical since is the sole purpose of a company) and being carried away by movements of large companies like Xiaomi that has taken over the market in all ranges with devices, and here OnePlus has sinned. It has wanted to stand up to it in markets such as India where there is strong competition and it has taken out for my taste too many worthless terminals under the umbrella "We are OnePlus" and now they have too many devices that cannot satisfy the demand of users, with their respective problems either by hardware or software.

And the market is insatiable with the need to renew each device every year, increasing the ball, since with Nord2 now they not only have to deal with problems with Qualcomm but now Mediateck joins, who will they pamper more? Obvious, Nord2. His only mission now is to create you that need that this new device is better and you must buy it. But this is a global consumerism problem which we are not going to change in a forum.

By the way, Never Settle started out as their marketing slogan and I think it's becoming their worst critique campaign.

16. k.d.patel292
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2021

k.d.patel292 , via OnePlus Nord , Jul 19, 2021 :
    In short
    ONEPLUS do what they want
    They don't listen to users
    At a launch time they said 3 years security patch but after buying this phone we all know how they provide security patch only 5 or 6 patch per year

That's why Apple is most trusted brand
    Pick up any old apple phone and you see it is working on newest iOS 15.
    They listen there customer and they respect cost of money of customer
    That's main reason no company beat apple

Vishnu.Zmr likes this.
  17. alextoledo

We cannot compare ourselves with iPhone we are talking about a system used in millions of devices of different brands in different hardware, Apple knows very well what hardware it uses and its system knows how to take advantage of that. Apart as a brand, its value drops very little, on Android something that costs $ 800 a month and offers are coming out at $ 400 (it is an example) the loss of value is brutal.

OnePlus listens to users always looking at their interests. How do they do it? Proof of this is the Nord CE, which put some recommendations from users, and they transform it into a new device thus generating sales. But we cannot forget one thing, as a company they always keep the right to do or undo whatever they want. Something unacceptable since without us they would not generate sales and with it they would not earn money but in the end it is a clash of commitments and there will always be satisfied users as completely dissatisfied users and with that feeling of scammed.

We can only hope that after the launches, the company will again focus on the devices and not the marketing hype.

18. Gaganagarwala
    Froyo Jul 19, 2021

Gaganagarwala , via OnePlus Nord , Jul 19, 2021 :
    At the first place oneplus now don't care about our comments our feedbacks and they gonna do whatever do.

If they find our comments offensive they delete them nothing much more than that.

So don't expect as oneplus is now even behind mainstream and soon they will realise too.

G.Praveen and k.d.patel292 like this.
  19. Topper_Gas
    KitKat Jul 19, 2021

Topper_Gas , via OnePlus Nord , Jul 19, 2021 :
    I'm not defending OP I'm as irrated as anybody that I'm now stuck on the beta but from past experience of OP, I know that begging OP for an update isn't going to make one appear any sooner.

k.d.patel292 and McJader like this.
  20. Topper_Gas
    KitKat Jul 19, 2021

Topper_Gas , via OnePlus Nord , Jul 19, 2021 :
    OP seem to be sticking to their policy of bi-monthly security updates on the stable builds, they've never promised monthly security updates, which are usually useless updates anyway.

McJader likes this.