OxygenOS Open Beta 6 for the OnePlus 3T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elanglois
    Lollipop May 2, 2017

elanglois , May 2, 2017 :
    Yes. You can keep your Internal Storage files, but everything else will go. Now, be careful. I don't use the stock recovery so I don't know what wipe options it has. A factory reset will wipe all your files in internal storage as well.

2. G_Lu_Guerra_XQLt
    Froyo May 2, 2017

G_Lu_Guerra_XQLt , May 2, 2017 :
    How's beta 6 running for y'all?

I definitely see good improvement on battery life. Which is my main concern on any phone. I've tried a couple of custom roms but none perform as good as the beta for me. How about you?

3. G_Saad_Sheikh_jEGa
    Eclair May 2, 2017

G_Saad_Sheikh_jEGa , May 2, 2017 :
    Come on, you misjudge me. If that would have been the case i wouldn't have opted for the beta program. :) and yes i am happy with my phone :)

4. MattPukas
    Cupcake May 2, 2017

G_Lu_Guerra_XQLt likes this.
  5. immadeofpixels
    Eclair May 2, 2017

immadeofpixels , May 2, 2017 :
    Hello, I have a small question before I adopt beta builds:
    When I unlock the bootloader and flash the beta, will Android Pay still work? Will I have to re-lock the bootloader for it to work and if so, will I have to again unlock it to install the next beta?

6. Android450
    Marshmallow May 2, 2017

7. Deactivated User
    May 2, 2017

8. GeorgeOwners
    Eclair May 2, 2017

9. Elrey311
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 2, 2017

Elrey311 , May 2, 2017 :
    The first thing I would recommend is not to unlock bootloader, if you are planning to relock it. This can cause problems and even brick your device if you are not 100 percent sure on what you are doing. As far as android pay goes I'm not sure about that because I don't use it.

10. Tommy6860
    Honeycomb May 2, 2017

Tommy6860 , May 2, 2017 :
    This is the first time I have noticed that two betas were released without an official update between. Am I missing something?

11. elanglois
    Lollipop May 2, 2017

elanglois , May 2, 2017 :
    SUGGESTION

First, when the battery saver is enabled, it should check and see if any actively paired and connected Bluetooth devices exist and only turn off Bluetooth if its not active. So, your connection to your headphones, car, whatever, shouldn't die. If it's not being used, then it should be turned off. Likewise for GPS. Don't kill the map application if its running, but don't allow new attempts to open the GPS.

Second, the optimization screen to kill apps has a single checkbox on its own screen, buried under a menu item. This is a bad interface. What if THIS screen ....

1493765703096.jpg
    When clicking "Battery Optimization", would lead to something like the below, rather than the current app optimizations (which would be available through the last option). Hope the pics post with sufficient clarity.

1493765816641.jpg
    The above is obviously just a markup showing features I think should exist, and are possible if the OS supports it (or you can stitch it together via Tasker). Note that enabling battery optimization with the screen off would require the above change to Bluetooth behavior or you couldn't use Bluetooth headphones with the screen off.

Anyone else think something like this could save a little battery?

kinghaloman likes this.
  12. elanglois
    Lollipop May 3, 2017

13. elanglois
    Lollipop May 3, 2017

elanglois , May 3, 2017 :
    Yes. Please read. The beta is not a prerelease of official. It's the beta "channel". It's not for beta's of the stable OS, but for beta features.

Here we get the weird stuff and whatever is gold will be ported to the stable channel. The two channels run in parallel.

Thats why beta channel gets beta updates and stable channel gets stable updates rather than something like the Linux kernel where odd numbers are beta and evens get released. There is sequence between stable and beta.

otto2 likes this.
  14. elanglois
    Lollipop May 3, 2017

It may be governor tuning to try and stretch battery rather than inefficiencies since mine is still fast, but I use blu spark kernel with blu active governor and fastlane. This kernel makes every OOS fly while being light on battery, plus it enables some features like setting vibration levels and such.

otto2 likes this.
  15. elanglois
    Lollipop May 3, 2017

It should work if you are unrooted. However, this build is failing SafetyNet checks even with Magisk hacks. I don't know if it will pass, but OB5 does.

immadeofpixels likes this.
  16. G_Saad_Sheikh_jEGa
    Eclair May 3, 2017

G_Saad_Sheikh_jEGa , May 3, 2017 :
    Well. That is really nice to hear. But i am fairly inexperienced in these matters. And as a matter of fact my device is not even rooted.
    I need time to learn new stuff. :)

17. elanglois
    Lollipop May 3, 2017

My primary reason for buying OnePlus is that you can root easily and without voiding the warranty. So, all the tweaks I want that OnePlus may not implement, can still be implemented by someone and shared. There were no downsides really until OB6. For some reason CTS profile is not matching and Android Pay will cease to work .... but, considering I have never used Android Pay much, I'll deal with it.

otto2 and Elrey311 like this.
  18. G_Saad_Sheikh_jEGa
    Eclair May 3, 2017

G_Saad_Sheikh_jEGa , May 3, 2017 :
    Yeah i get your point :D

19. F_Rafy_Vega_NYHU
    Cupcake May 3, 2017

20. Dinerve
    May 3, 2017

Dinerve , May 3, 2017 :
    Yeah, battery looks strong! First cycle after Beta 6 update:

1493768113791.jpg