OxygenOS Open Beta 6 for the OnePlus 3T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjtan1772
    Froyo May 12, 2017

tjtan1772 , May 12, 2017 :
    The easiest is to turn advance boot in developer options. Then it will give you the option every time you reboot.

otto2 likes this.
  2. Swantzter
    Eclair May 12, 2017

Swantzter , May 12, 2017 :
    Om getting tired of this sh*t, for a number of versions now we've had to cope with the broking ring volume slider, as in we've not been able to make it 0/vibrate with the words "it's a feature [...] use silent mode with vibrate" a) its not a f*cking feature, it is a regression and if never settle means "remove something good and replace it with something worse" instead of "remove something good and make it better" then sign me off. b) silent mode DOESN'T do the work "do not Disturb" does, it vibrates on every ******* notification if I don't take explicit action and turn it off for every app I don't want to vibrate. c) it takes away the core of Android in my opinion, the freedom to choose, if I wanted a piece of crap that doesn't work, as the OnePlus 3 and 3T DOES NOT DO CURRENTLY I would've bought a ******* iPhone.

Can we agree on a compromise, re-add vibrate to do not Disturb, if you could remove it it's probably not much work adding it back, and don't add it back to ring mode (even tough it would be a nice idea to) but do at least give me my freedom of choice back and make my purchase of a OnePlus phone worth it, because I'm currently having a horrible experience with this phone and the company behind it because of this.

Fursan Afzal and The_Rock90 like this.
  3. otto2
    Photography Expert May 12, 2017

otto2 , May 12, 2017 :
    So what? A f..... baď experience because of a new implemented slider? So you re complaining about your own in ability to learn new things, about your in ability to look at play store for some apps that will let you set up the slider? Do you really think, all users want the slider just as you like it? The freedom of android :Go to play store, download an app. Or :Install an alternative Rom. Hey, this is the freedom of Oneplus :You will keep your warranty even when installing an alternative Rom.
    The freedom of Android and oneplus: Go, code your own app and /or your own rom to fit your personal needs.

Elrey311, DrAakash, Dresa91 and 2 others like this.
  4. rajatshah2006
    Eclair May 12, 2017

5. GC1900
    Gingerbread May 12, 2017

GC1900 , May 12, 2017 :
    No Cupcake....

otto2, Dresa91 and MikeG247 like this.
  6. Nikfam
    Gingerbread May 12, 2017

7. PranjalPatel
    Cupcake May 12, 2017

PranjalPatel , May 12, 2017 :
    is it in OOS 4.1.3??

8. Swantzter
    Eclair May 12, 2017

Swantzter , May 12, 2017 :
    Inability to learn new things? I'm not complaining over that, I'm complaining about them removing a feature that thousands of users have relied on, no everyone doesn't want to have it like that, but who does it hurt to have the *ability* to have it like that? Or has the ability to be able to set your phone to vibrate annoyed you in basically every other android distribution ever?

Also, could you please list those apps that you claim solve this issue? So far I haven't found them.

As for custom roms, yes that is an option I'm considering at this point, but it would be nice to not have to go to that resort in the first place when I'm happy with Oxygen otherwise.

9. Brandon LI
    Froyo May 12, 2017

Brandon LI , May 12, 2017 :
    Ever since I have started using open beta 6, the management of battery drainage has improved, it drains much slower than before, which was fascinating. Finally, I am relieved to use the oos, the open beta 6 has truly rebuilt my confidence in oos.

10. jaydevkadem
    Gingerbread May 12, 2017

11. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator May 12, 2017

SoniaB , May 12, 2017 :
    Thanks for sharing, but you could have just posted feedback in the beta thread.

Thread merged

otto2 likes this.
  12. gubro
    KitKat May 12, 2017

gubro , May 12, 2017 :
    Yes, I am planning to release it on Monday. Hold tight.

MikeG247, Elrey311, otto2 and 2 others like this.
  13. zeschroy
    Eclair May 12, 2017

zeschroy , May 12, 2017 :
    I flashed lineage on my phone. It was great having the profiles I had with my OP1. But hotspot didn't work on lineage so I moved to the beta

14. The_Rock90
    Jelly Bean May 12, 2017

15. Android450
    Marshmallow May 12, 2017

Android450 , May 12, 2017 :
    No one here knows dude

Dresa91 and otto2 like this.
  16. shaypottii
    Gingerbread May 13, 2017

gubro likes this.
  17. G_Travis_Short_Jdpn
    Eclair May 13, 2017

18. shaypottii
    Gingerbread May 13, 2017

shaypottii , May 13, 2017 :
    trying it now

19. Elrey311
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 13, 2017

Elrey311 , May 13, 2017 :
    In lineage in build.prop folder you can add this: net.tethering.noprovisioning=true
    at the bottom and reboot and you will have your tethering back. You have to have root to make this work.

20. katheria09
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 13, 2017

katheria09 , May 13, 2017 :
    Don't know . Haven't used stable build in a while .

PranjalPatel likes this.