OxygenOS Open Beta 6 for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T

1. Manu J.
    Global Product Operations Manager Staff Member Apr 7, 2020

Manu J. , Apr 7, 2020 :
    Hey everyone,

Here are the latest open beta builds for the OnePlus 6 and 6T.

Changelog
    • System
      • Now unlock the LockBox without any problems in File Manager
      • No more crashes in the Launcher with apps in full-screen display
      • Got rid of blank screens while clearing up the background apps
      • Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.03
    Note:
    1. Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are not as stable as our official OTAs. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks.
    As always, please share your feedback through https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/. For more information on submitting bugs or suggestions please refer to How to report a bug and feel free to share your product suggestions via the Community app (please assign the category as OnePlus 6/6T with Android 10).

[​IMG]

2. Make sure to let us know how you feel about the beta builds here in the thread too, we look forward to reading your feedback.

Never Settle.

2. ironass
    Lollipop Apr 7, 2020

ironass , Apr 7, 2020 :
    [​IMG]

Alternatively, if you wish to switch from stock, stable OxygenOS 10.3.2 to this Open Beta 6 you can download Oxygen Updater, free from the Play Store, and in its Settings choose your model of phone and Open Beta. I suggest making a backup of all your data before proceeding with this... just in case!

WARNING

Open Beta test firmware may not always be as stable or as fully functioning as the stock official OxygenOS and installing it is entirely at your own RISK!

Once on the Open Beta channel, you will no longer receive the stock official OxygenOS OTA updates unless you revert your phone back to stock firmware, which may involve wiping your phone.

Open Beta is for experienced and competent users to assess and offer constructive feedback and submit detailed bug reports to OnePlus. Therefore, this is not a spoon feeding section of the forums.

(The above links DO work. If you cannot open them using the OnePlus Community app, switch to your Google Chrome browser)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020

3. rahulppatel
    Eclair Apr 7, 2020

4. B_Wrath
    Nougat Apr 7, 2020

6. Flewoutcuckoonut
    Gingerbread Apr 7, 2020

7. AnthraxQD
    Eclair Apr 7, 2020

AnthraxQD , Apr 7, 2020 :
    Using it for almost 10 hours..battery life seems good with this build..thank you oneplus

G_Sunil_ and asuneelreddy like this.
  8. B_Wrath
    Nougat Apr 7, 2020

AJ 14314 and Caomhin like this.
  9. SayantanG95
    Eclair Apr 7, 2020

SayantanG95 , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 7, 2020 :
    What about the random rebooting issue and the shelf freezing? As well as the random frame drops in the stable build 10.3.2.
    Already 3 months, please fix it!!

10. B_Wrath
    Nougat Apr 7, 2020

B_Wrath , Apr 7, 2020 :
    This isn't the place to crib about stable build. Go crib in the thread meant for that.

11. SayantanG95
    Eclair Apr 7, 2020

The fixes are meant to come in beta builds before rolling out on stable!! So please stop being a wannabe cool dude if you have nothing to do in self quarantine! Thanks :)

12. B_Wrath
    Nougat Apr 7, 2020

B_Wrath , Apr 7, 2020 :
    Not exactly. You don't even know what your talking about. The stable build can have bugs which don't have to be in the beta build. Both are completely different builds.

So stop pretending that you know everything and maybe spend some time educating yourself during the self quarantine.

13. SayantanG95
    Eclair Apr 7, 2020

I know what I am talking about and my friends who are using 6T are facing this problem too! All of us have submitted the logs more than a month back, even after 10.3.2 the issue was not solved so we submitted again. Its pretty frustrating to get a random reboot inbetween a business call or video conferencing, which I am facing since last 2 months!
    So let the mods do their job, why being so cranky? I did not post my first comment tagging you, so can you please refrain yourself from commenting on this? TIA

14. B_Wrath
    Nougat Apr 7, 2020

B_Wrath , Apr 7, 2020 :
    Damn. You can't even quote properly?

Get used to people refuting you when you are wrong. You are the one being cranky here who can't handle a little bit of criticism.

This is a public forum. Anyone can reply to your post. That is allowed.
    But what is not allowed is, being off topic to the thread, which your post was.

Like I mentioned before, this thread is not for discussing bugs in stable build. So can you please refrain yourself from being off-topic? TIA.

15. Nabodit
    Froyo Apr 7, 2020

16. Patrick Trin
    Eclair Apr 7, 2020

17. Patrick Trin
    Eclair Apr 7, 2020

Patrick Trin , Apr 7, 2020 :
    My phone never freezed.