OxygenOS Open Beta 6 for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T

1. kaihp
    Jelly Bean Apr 24, 2020

Artemus. likes this.
  2. Erroneus
    Froyo Apr 24, 2020

Erroneus , Apr 24, 2020 :
    We need a statement from OnePlus. Will they live up to their own promise and deliver two years of software updates (not security patch updates, that's year 2-3) or have they decided to drop proper support a half year before time.

3. B_Wrath
    Nougat Apr 24, 2020

B_Wrath , Apr 24, 2020 :
    Honestly? How hard is it for you people to understand?
    You will still get features in the stable update. They have already declared few of the features in OP8 series are coming to OP6/T.

kaihp and Artemus. like this.
  4. Erroneus
    Froyo Apr 24, 2020

1. Where have they confirmed that? And have they detailed which features?
    2. They are going to launch new features without an open beta. Doesn't sound like they really have a plan to launch any new features then, and if they really do, how stable will it be without open beta. The first released Android 10 was buggy as hell, and that was after a longer open-beta, hard to be optimistic which such a history of unstable releases.

vinodshrmaa likes this.
  5. B_Wrath
    Nougat Apr 24, 2020

B_Wrath , Apr 24, 2020 :
    They have something called as closed beta. They test things even before the open beta testers. Probably they will be the ones testing features from now on.

Artemus. and Caomhin like this.
  6. Erroneus
    Froyo Apr 24, 2020

I hope you are right, I just find the timing very suspicious.

7. B_Wrath
    Nougat Apr 24, 2020

B_Wrath , Apr 24, 2020 :
    This is the timing that usually is. Same happened with OP3 and 5 series.

Artemus., ironass and Caomhin like this.
  8. rhyd1am
    KitKat Apr 24, 2020

rhyd1am , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 24, 2020 :
    What do you find suspicious about it? The timing is consistent with previous devices. Closed beta started before open betas and are continuing still.

Artemus., ironass and Caomhin like this.
  9. Erroneus
    Froyo Apr 24, 2020

Expect that's not quite true is it. Eg OP3/T stopped july 9th, so the open beta builds for OP6/T has stopped 2½ months before that. So when they decide to close down open beta builds for OP6/T this early in the year, shortly before the planned launch of Android 11, it seems suspicious to me.
    Also they have a week now to get a stable build out, before 6T phones will be marked as unsafe on enterprise networks, because then they will be running a 3 month of old patch level, which is marked as unsafe by Android it self. Hopefully they can use the testing from beta 6 to get that build out quick, but I worry for the future of OP6/T, as nothing OnePlus does these days, seems to be beneficial for their users.

ronaksworld and rapsodos1979 like this.
  10. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 24, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 24, 2020 :
    You are over thinking it all. 🥴[e]1f601[/e][e]1f44d[/e]

drl431, Artemus., ronaksworld and 4 others like this.
  11. ronaksworld
    Jelly Bean Apr 24, 2020

ronaksworld , Apr 24, 2020 :
    • 2014-"Never settle" One Plus One
    • 2015-"Never settle"..
    • 2016-"Never settle"...
    • 2017-"Never settle"....
    • 2018-"Almost settled".....
    • 2019-"Almost settled".......
    • 2020-"Offical Logo Changed Finally Settled"

Some time it is necessary my friend...

Artemus. likes this.
  12. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 24, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 24, 2020 :
    What's with all the negative vibes

So you seem to think its all over, stable builds will continue, new phones will continue, new updates will continue. Beta is the only channel closed.

The world will still turn. 🙄🙄

drl431, Artemus., ironass and 3 others like this.
  13. vinodshrmaa
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2020

vinodshrmaa , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 24, 2020 :
    The question is " Will oneplus 6T get android 11? . I think NO....we will get only new features in android 10.

14. rhyd1am
    KitKat Apr 24, 2020

vinodshrmaa

The question is " Will oneplus 6T get android 11? . I think NO....we will get only new features in android 10.​

I doubt OnePlus would like to have a repeat of the backlash they received after abandoning the OnePlus 2 after just one update. I'm really struggling to understand why so many people are getting so worked up about all this. They've only stopped the open beta releases. Everything else as far as support goes is still carrying on the same.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020

kaihp, Artemus., B_Wrath and 2 others like this.
  15. Erroneus
    Froyo Apr 24, 2020

Because even with open beta's they struggled with creating a stable Android 10. We worry that they are going to have problems creating stable builds for 11, and in the end give up.

Also OnePlus is not the company they used to be, they are not "Never settle" any more. They are not living up to fast updates and phones with high value and great software, and that's why it's hard to be optimistic about his, specially with the timing and the weird abrupt end to it all. Why not finish this beta with a stable build that beta testers can upgrade to, it's yet another decision that seems geared more towards the bottom-line at OnePlus then their users.

vinodshrmaa likes this.
  16. rhyd1am
    KitKat Apr 24, 2020

I've personally tried a good few of the stable builds on my 6t, as well as every beta. Maybe I'm just lucky, but with the exception of I think 3 or 4 builds, my phone has worked flawlessly.

Take this build (10.3.2), which an awful lot of people have complained about as not being "stable". Since moving over from beta 6 to this, I've had zero issues with it. No lag, frame rates are good, battery life seems fine (albeit a little early to judge after 24hrs), in fact no problems at all.

I guess a lot of "problems" are just dependant on the individual and the way they use their device. I'm not saying that the issues don't exist for some people, but in my personal experience I've rarely come across any issues 🤷‍♂️

Gokul7373, drl431, Henkan and 3 others like this.
  17. shadow4ever
    Eclair Apr 25, 2020

shadow4ever , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 25, 2020 :
    Remembering the good old days!

Caomhin and ironass like this.
  18. vBunnee
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2020

Caomhin likes this.
  19. Federico Martin
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2020

Federico Martin , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 25, 2020 :
    Hey may I wait next stable OOS release to rollback from OB6 to stable without Wiping anything? I hope I've already rollback previous from OB to stable channel without wipe.

20. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 25, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 25, 2020 :
    Yes, next stable, newer date, should be no data loss to upgrade to that Full Install stable over Beta 6 when it releases. That's what I will wait for.

Lose Beta 6 features otherwise, and Beta 6 runs fine on my phone.

rhyd1am and ironass like this.