OxygenOS Open Beta 6 for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro

1. Manu J.
    Global Product Operations Manager Staff Member Nov 21, 2019

Manu J. , Nov 21, 2019 :
    Hey everyone,

Here are the latest open beta builds for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro.

Changelog
    • System
      • Fixed the visibility of the fingerprint icon
      • Fixed the issue with the interruption of Music in the ambient display
      • Improved the animation effect of fingerprint icon
      • Added the notch area display option in the Settings (for OnePlus 7)
      • Updated Android security patch to 2019.11
      • Improved system stability and General bugs fixes
    • Zen Mode
      • Added the "Disable" option in the app info section
    • OnePlus Care (India only)
      • Bind your phone to get rewards, premium experience and exclusive offers
    Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are sometimes not as stable as our official OTAs generally are. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks. For those who were on previous versions for OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro, we appreciate your active feedback and for reaching out to us. With your help, we have been able to better optimize and improve several key areas. Thank you for your patience and as always, we look forward to getting your continued feedback via the Community app.

[​IMG]

If you don't have the Community app installed on your device, feel free to download it HERE. You can check here for more information on the integrated Feedback tool.

Please note:
    • For users who are running Android P on the devices and would like to flash open beta builds, please install Open Beta 5 and then update to Open Beta 6. Upgrading from Android P to Open Beta 6 will cause failure in updating.
      OnePlus 7 Open Beta 5 Download Source
      OnePlus 7 Pro Open Beta 5 Download Source

• If you have already flashed an Open Beta (you are currently running the latest Open Beta), you will receive this new build as an OTA.
    • If you are not running open beta software and would like to, please refer to the flashing instructions and the full ROM on the downloads page here.
    • Once you migrate to the beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will no longer receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.
    • Moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (full wipe of all data and cache).
    Make sure to let us know how you feel about the beta builds here in the thread too. We are watching.

Never Settle.

2. katariasumit
    Eclair Nov 21, 2019

4. Vignesh Smith
    Eclair Nov 21, 2019

Vignesh Smith , Nov 21, 2019 :
    am not getting any update still now mobile haggig laggings battery drain oneplus 7 purchase one month back

6. Demon_hunter
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2019

nikhil100 and Abhi Dahiya like this.
  7. unicornZ
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2019

unicornZ , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 21, 2019 :
    Would like to know the reason behind throttling the charging speed in Oneplus 7 pro. Charging speed reduced drastically. In Android 9, 0 to 100 was achieved in 64 minutes. Now in Android 10, it takes about 90 minutes. Its changed my charging habit completely. I used to enjoy that warp charge speed. But now its like another normal charging speed. Need an explanation. @Manu J.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019

Bullos8, drsunilkonda, r3no and 56 others like this.
  8. iampun33t
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2019

iampun33t , Nov 21, 2019 :
    I see cloud storage but can it be used for anything other than storing photos? Cause I don't see any options to store any other backups.

blaster219 and Reddy143p like this.
  9. quesadilla
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2019

quesadilla , Nov 21, 2019 :
    This update is pretty bad... It broke Google Assistant, Google Search widget, Google News and more for me.

What's the easiest way to roll back or go to Stable without losing data?

10. justine.mathew
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2019

I1570705101128 likes this.
  11. T1562421794069
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2019

12. Mad1man
    Donut Nov 21, 2019

Y1560292458835 likes this.
  13. Rahuls1ngh
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2019

V1574834071674 likes this.
  15. mptpro
    Eclair Nov 21, 2019

mptpro , Nov 21, 2019 :
    I just tried it. Mine works. Tried both light and dark and the shelf updated accordingly.

16. justine.mathew
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2019

17. AndiTheBassman , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 21, 2019 :
    No problems so far, except for the weird thing when the screen stays dark at Pin Entry after a restart. Guess it must be a security feature

Otherwise it feels even smoother than 5. Will test some more though

LookedPath likes this.
  18. mptpro
    Eclair Nov 21, 2019

mptpro , Nov 21, 2019 :
    Yes, play store works. Got the update this morning and using the phone pretty heavily today and zero problems.

19. dhopmans
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2019

dhopmans , Nov 21, 2019 :
    There is no easy way. You will always lose data. Clear your cache and try again.

joshdigit likes this.