OxygenOS Open Beta 6 for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro

1. Goku_SuperSaiyan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 17, 2019

Goku_SuperSaiyan , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , Dec 17, 2019 :
    mainly the true wireless buds having these problems !...
    other bluetooth devices working fine with all codecs !...

2. alami.shayan
    Froyo Dec 17, 2019

alami.shayan , Dec 17, 2019 :
    As i said , betas don't have timeline, stable has and they are delivering. It's beta? The name is there : beta , in beta phase the software can have bugs, can take time to release and is up to the manager that if it should be released or not to the public. And of course internal priority can change and is up to the company

3. saikiran4ever
    Jelly Bean Dec 17, 2019

saikiran4ever , Dec 17, 2019 :
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-beta-program-explained.469761/
    Beta program has timelines. 2 open betas can be expected in a month. See the above link.
    Yes, they missed these timelines a few times in the recent past in order to fix some critical bugs which need time and more efforts.

4. Goku_SuperSaiyan

Goku_SuperSaiyan , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , Dec 17, 2019 :
    yeah may be you are right !

5. MartinRo
    Gingerbread Dec 17, 2019

MartinRo , Dec 17, 2019 :

From your link:
    Open Beta (Community Builds)
    (~2 updates per month)

this doesn't mean "we give you exactly 2 updates each month", but around 2 updates (may be 1, may be 3). and also some times it might be 2 updates in one week, another time, it can be 4 weeks between two updates.

So chill a little and if you don't like what oneplus does, go to samsung or apple...

I did some android developement some years ago. We tried to give our users nightly builds but sometime this simply doesn't worked out or these nightlies have been really bad because of missing time to test.

Like I wrote some time ago:
    Most likely they found some serious issue in the closed beta they want to fix before they make it an open beta and that's exactly how closed beta/open beta works. Test on closed team first- if they think it seems ok, give it to the open beta team, otherwise try to fix the issue and repeat the loop...

fidus62 likes this.
  6. alami.shayan
    Froyo Dec 17, 2019

alami.shayan , Dec 17, 2019 :
    Exactly what i was saying, i believe it will be a good beta since most of the time not Everytime of course, when the software takes time it will be much more polished, I'm always on beta in every OnePlus phone that i had, never had an major issue and many times their beta software was much more stable and polished than some other companies stable updates!, until beta 6 , which chrome was freezing and I'm back to stable.

7. Max_Fremps
    Gingerbread Dec 17, 2019

Max_Fremps , Dec 17, 2019 :
    yes but last beta was 1 month ago,so 4 week are gone anyway

the_reckoner likes this.
  8. Tapan_mishra
    Donut Dec 17, 2019

Tapan_mishra , via OnePlus 7 , Dec 17, 2019 :
    I see there is a lot of enthusiasm for a new build around here. But can anyone say what is more important.
    1) A new build with no quality.
    2) Better build with minimal bugs.

the_reckoner and DMaarten like this.
  9. Max_Fremps
    Gingerbread Dec 17, 2019

Max_Fremps , Dec 17, 2019 :
    no sense, bacause the release a new stable yesterday so technically is perfect,but no release a beta before, is no sense this thing

10. saikiran4ever
    Jelly Bean Dec 17, 2019

saikiran4ever , Dec 17, 2019 :
    I have used 40+ beta versions so far. I know I can chill out even without betas.
    The link i sent was only for your reference.

11. AzuLa9713 likes this.
  12. AzuLa9713
    Honeycomb Dec 17, 2019

AzuLa9713 , via OnePlus 7 , Dec 17, 2019 :
    Whats the different between two different security patches?

13. MartinRo
    Gingerbread Dec 17, 2019

These are two complete different stories.
    Basically Oneplus has 3 complete independent branches (source codes) of Oxygen OS
    • Closed Beta where they try real new stuff and what is most likely very instable
    • Open Beta where they import most likely stable stuff from Closed Beta
    • Stable where they import verified stable stuff from Open Beta
    So basically 10.0.0.3 is 10.0.0.2 + fixes and optimizations of Beta 6. It's not newer and most likely has nothing that Open Beta hasn't (take apart from last minute hotfixes of stuff found in Beta 6).

As long as Closed Beta has nothing new that is stable, we don't get an Open Beta. It's that simple.

14. MartinRo
    Gingerbread Dec 17, 2019

Oh, one very good example is Hide Notch function that has been implemented in OB6.
    It's not completely the way we (and most likely OP) expected it to be, that's the reason it hasn't made it to 10.0.0.3.
    And most likely Closed Beta has even more stuff that's not at the point OP want to move it to Open Beta.
    (Would be fun to see a list of all the functionalities OP tested in Closed Beta that never made it's way to the Open Beta)

Arun_Kashyap likes this.
  15. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Dec 17, 2019 :
    Google play system update is basically everything surrounding Google Play and Google Apps. It's part of all devices having Google Play. Android 10 made parts of that updateable separatly so now we don't need to wait on a firmware to release

AzuLa9713 likes this.
  16. Goku_SuperSaiyan

joshdigit likes this.
  17. C1508158874911
    Gingerbread Dec 17, 2019

18. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Dec 17, 2019 :
    I would call it approximated release schedule.
    Hopefully the wait is for a good reason and the release gets a bigger change this time around.

C1508158874911 likes this.
  19. charmingash
    Honeycomb Dec 17, 2019

charmingash , via OnePlus 7 , Dec 17, 2019 :
    even oneplus 6 got open beta update today🤧

Arun_Kashyap likes this.
  20. DMaarten
    Honeycomb Dec 17, 2019

DMaarten , Dec 17, 2019 :
    Really? Hope that is a good sign that the one for the 7/7pro is on the way :)

Arun_Kashyap likes this.