OxygenOS Open Beta 6 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro

1. snabb , via OnePlus 8 Pro Glacial Green , Feb 4, 2021 :
    +1

You're not alone. I have reported it many times since open beta 2.

2. snabb , via OnePlus 8 Pro Glacial Green , Feb 4, 2021 :
    I wonder which idiot came to this decision to remove this option? I do not need shelf with "swipe down".

Oneplus, when you make such as changes, why do not you leave us options to choose between shelf swipe right or swipe down?

Nikolay_Ukraine likes this.
  3. Gowda.kakanna
    Cupcake Feb 4, 2021

4. ManuPoonia
    Froyo Feb 4, 2021

ManuPoonia , via OnePlus 8 , Feb 4, 2021 :
    I am not complaining always. The hardware is very good but to use this hardware the software is very bad. One plus should work great with software ..

ce_franck likes this.
  5. I1603098428485
    Cupcake Feb 4, 2021

aaronpe likes this.
  6. Aaron2017
    Jelly Bean Feb 4, 2021

Aaron2017 , Feb 4, 2021 :
    Yeah,did it earlier and it's all good now.

7. sina22
    Eclair Feb 4, 2021

sina22 , via OnePlus 8 , Feb 4, 2021 :
    you still haven't fixed the error with the gallery, I had to switch to the alternative because the op8 gallery doesn't show the pictures, you actually have to wait 1-2 minutes to read the pictures. When do you plan to solve this ???

This_is_varshney likes this.
  8. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Feb 4, 2021

9. Zubair.k
    Gingerbread Feb 4, 2021

D1536478086237 and Shubh.A like this.

10. Mohan+
    Froyo Feb 4, 2021

11. Avider_
    Gingerbread Feb 4, 2021

Avider_ , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Feb 4, 2021 :
    Bugs in OB6:

Bubbles are a step back and bug out the entire system. I get system crashes, the ui on the status bar is messed up and not centered and the bubbles don't remember last position, so they always appear at the top left of the screen where they are unreachable. Moreover, when I read the message within the app, the notification doesn't disappear. There are empty "conversation" notifications and it's almost impossible to use in landscape. The bubbles go out of the screen when opened in landscape. said:

The software around the punch hole is horrible. I get a black bar in many apps that wastes 10% of my screen. I have a burn in 2 months after buying the phone, because of the high contrast between the black bar and the rest of the screen / status bar icons.

Dark mode needs to be improved. Not all apps show up in the menu and they turn gray instead of pure black. All elements need to be pure black so the fact that we are plagued with a green tint can be camouflaged. Facebook messenger doesn't support OOS dark mode. The messages become unreadable. Lastly, when the dark mode is triggered automatically, by schedule, oneplus launcher turns buggy and the colors are not displayed correctly.

The navigation bar for the gestures should be an overlay and not come with another black bar that wastes screen real estate. On the iphone the bar is an overlay and blends in nicely with the background.

Swiping to go to home from landscape has no animation and looks cheap.

Taking a screenshot in landscape doesn't provide a preview to edit the screenshot. Same thing happens in split screen.

When you are in split screen and you try to open a second app, the launcher gets bugged and the first row is unreachable.

Battery stats no longer reset at 90% and you have to charge the phone to 100% to start a new SoT cycle.

The share menu has some useless contacts on top. I have 4 people that I've never sent a message to and apps I never use for messaging.

On OnePlus switch, app data are not saved. Only the apks. We need to be able to save the data of the apps, so when we switch phones or factory reset it, games don't lose the progress and we are not forced to log in on every app. Just like on ios.

Oneplus gallery takes almost a minute loading the photos every time you launch it. Why is this even a thing? Can't the thumbnails be stored in the cache and have only the new images load when the app is launched?

Only a handful of apps are supported in parallel apps. Every app should be allowed.

Still no 5g support in my country. Samsung, xiaomi, huawei, apple all have 5g, but oneplus doesn't allow it yet.
    That's all that I can think of. Let's hope some of these are fixed with the upcoming updates.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021

12. xJackDi
    Cupcake Feb 4, 2021

xJackDi , Feb 4, 2021 :
    Hey.
    Is there a way to rollback from the Beta 6 to the Stable version?
    I downloaded the stable version from the Oxygen Updater but cant use the "Local Upgrade" function.
    It always says that it is a lower version. But in Beta 5 i was able to downgrade to the Stable version.

bardzulkafli likes this.
  13. MathiasVjt
    Cupcake Feb 4, 2021

14. Aaron2017
    Jelly Bean Feb 4, 2021

Aaron2017 , Feb 4, 2021 :
    Through the Oxygen updater app from the playstore,or the links are also up on XDA developers and other sites

15. ElKaiser2.0
    Eclair Feb 4, 2021

ElKaiser2.0 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Feb 4, 2021 :
    Very well said! Although more complaints can be added to it.

16. ElKaiser2.0
    Eclair Feb 4, 2021

Compare the " likes" that have complaints versus those that have some positive feedback and there you will have your own conclusion!

17. dibyadarsan
    Froyo Feb 4, 2021

dibyadarsan , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Feb 4, 2021 :
    Agreed man...when did these became system updates

Efrain2.0 and snabb like this.
  18. ElKaiser2.0
    Eclair Feb 4, 2021

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arjanvlek.oxygenupdater

Install that app from the play store and there you will have the super updates.

Kuba.L likes this.
  19. ElKaiser2.0
    Eclair Feb 4, 2021

Totally agree with you!

pcb2003 likes this.