OxygenOS Open Beta 7 for the OnePlus 5

1. barath_000
    Gingerbread Mar 28, 2018

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  2. hetbhatt69
    Froyo Mar 28, 2018

hetbhatt69 , Mar 28, 2018 :
    Still the white bar issue in Youtube app is not solved. I have been reporting that issue since open beta 1.

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  3. Deactivated User
    Mar 28, 2018

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  4. Nick 59
    Marshmallow Mar 28, 2018

Nick 59 , Mar 28, 2018 :
    Agree with you about the stock launcher at least. Included apps (with possible exception of camera) would be right at the bottom of my priority list too.
    I'm sure there are teams working on different components and would like to think that eliminating bugs would be top priority of any development team.
    There must be a balance stuck. Many on here scream for new features, others are worried about nothing but the camera etc, etc.
    As you rightly point out - Oneplus employees not likely to see this thread anyway. [e]1f609[/e]

5. ŠtapniMikser
    Froyo Mar 28, 2018

ŠtapniMikser , Mar 28, 2018 :
    You're right about every development having teams working on different parts.
    The problem I'm pointing out is; not having enough for high priority tasks, and too many on low priority tasks.
    Maybe we can hope some of them will glare on this thread.
    Or they are just focused on money, and marketing (they have it, but so do we, but ours is better).

Nick 59 likes this.
  6. G_Сергей_Поздеев_HOXj , Mar 28, 2018 :
    i'm using op5t with the last stable stream of Oreo on it and my phone doesn't work well neither. what should i do with it?) i'll be glad if you help me to find exit from this terrible situation...

7. Rao_Saurabh
    Gingerbread Mar 28, 2018

8. sgurjeet99
    Gingerbread Mar 28, 2018

sgurjeet99 , Mar 28, 2018 :
    You're totally right!
    Nobody asked for new icons, recents in app drawer, although they're a nice touch but they should perfect the already existing features first and deliver what they promised : Stock Android with enhancements. This will only be true when the "enhancements" work alongside the general Android features.
    One thing I would like to add that I found missing was that in quick settings pane, clicking "wifi" text for ex should show list for available wifi networks, and clicking the icon should toggle wifi, as on Stock Android. This is just another thing of stock that doesn't work on OOS.
    Lets see where this goes. In a couple of months their priority will again shift to newest OP device as its happening since the first one.

9. J1515016073044
    Froyo Mar 28, 2018

J1515016073044 , Mar 28, 2018 :
    Well maybe Fixing the bugs will take more time whereas the new features were ready.And the main point of beta releases is to introduce new features and to see what needs to be fixed before pushing out stable final releases.Not fixing all the bugs with every release.

And its called "BETA" fo a reason.If beta builds had all the bug fixes and improvements then it would no longer be called a "BETA"
    I find this post of yours irrelevant.Because you are not supposed to be on a beta build if you really expect it be bug free.

Yes if it was a stable build with such bugs and oneplus didnt fix them then it would have been relevant to say such things.But its not a Stable official build.

Nick 59 likes this.
  10. G_dhruv_rajput_Yqtu
    Froyo Mar 28, 2018

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  11. ŠtapniMikser
    Froyo Mar 28, 2018

ŠtapniMikser , Mar 28, 2018 :
    I think you didn't even bother to read the full thread.
    You see, once again, I'm on a stable build.
    Furthermore, you have a wrong perspective on this "beta" thing.
    First, developers have to make a solution to a given problem. Once they do, they test it by themself. Once they find it good enough, they push it to "alfa" testers (limited testers). Once it passes alfa testing, it goes live for "Beta". Since this is open beta program, everyone can participate. This is where all beta testers TEST the software.
    Using beta software as a daily driver is not recommended, but people obviously do, because they want that darn face unlock before everyone else.
    After it passes the beta test, it goes live.
    Now, that being said, if you push all the bugfixes (which is impossible, but we're being optimistic here for a minute) to beta testers, and they test it, and they report back with "Okay, everything is working fine!", it goes live.
    Once that happens, major bugs are squashed, consumers get what they paid for, and this is when (drumroll) developers start working on new, inovative things, such as new icons, pointless face unlock feature for devices other than 5T (even tho it's pretty much the same code, just pasted in the 5/3/3T ROM).

Any objections?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018

12. Gian P.
    Gingerbread Mar 28, 2018

Gian P. , Mar 28, 2018 :
    1522256578830.jpg
    bug in recent apps. when opening setting from toggle, this is what happen

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  13. ArmataReloaded
    Jelly Bean Mar 28, 2018

ArmataReloaded , Mar 28, 2018 :
    Everything looks normal here, looks like the error needs to be on your side. Did you cleaned cache after update?

MikeG247, otto2 and Ravi BINAVAT like this.
  14. Funk Wizard
    Lollipop Moderator Mar 28, 2018

idkwhoiam322 and Ravi BINAVAT like this.
  15. Gian P.
    Gingerbread Mar 28, 2018

Gian P. , Mar 28, 2018 :
    Yes... dk why.. i just passed from official to beta.. do i think i had to make a full wipe?

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  16. Funk Wizard
    Lollipop Moderator Mar 28, 2018

Funk Wizard , Mar 28, 2018 :
    Merged to beta thread, feel free to discuss there

idkwhoiam322 and Ravi BINAVAT like this.
  17. SarnavSaha
    Froyo Mar 28, 2018

SarnavSaha , Mar 28, 2018 :
    you guys should consider adding the feature "force close background/foreground apps" on the buttons tab so we can remap the buttons to that

Hydra Bob and Ravi BINAVAT like this.
  18. G_Jonas_Boateng_dyYG
    Gingerbread Mar 28, 2018

19. wileyc
    Jelly Bean Mar 28, 2018

wileyc , Mar 28, 2018 :
    Can be fixed as it's a software problem...might not be fixed because of OP6

20. Sivaganth
    Cupcake Mar 28, 2018

Sivaganth , Mar 28, 2018 :
    hello, can anyone face the problem of no ring tone for incoming calls in OP5 even after the latest update. I'm still facing this issue

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.