OxygenOS Open Beta 7 for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro

1. Manu J.
    Global Product Operations Manager Staff Member Dec 19, 2019

Manu J. , Dec 19, 2019 :
    Hey everyone,

Here are the latest open beta builds for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro.

Changelog

• System
      • Added an optimized charging feature to improve battery performance based on usage (Settings - Battery - Optimized charging)
      • Optimized the RAM management
      • Fixed the issue with auto-record toast messages in the contact app
      • Fixed the wrong time format in the status bar
      • Improved system stability and general bug fixes
    • Reading mode
      • Added the Chromatic effect option to adapt color range and saturation intelligently for a better reading experience (Settings - Display - Reading mode - Turn on reading mode - Chromatic effect)
    Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are sometimes not as stable as our official OTAs generally are. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks. For those who were on previous versions for OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro, we appreciate your active feedback and for reaching out to us. With your help, we have been able to better optimize and improve several key areas. Thank you for your patience and as always, we look forward to getting your continued feedback via the Community app.
    [​IMG]

If you don't have the Community app installed on your device, feel free to download it HERE. You can check here for more information on the integrated Feedback tool.

Please note:
    • For users who are running Android P on the devices and would like to flash open beta builds, please install Open Beta 5 and then update to Open Beta 6. Upgrading from Android P to Open Beta 6 will cause failure in updating.
      OnePlus 7 Open Beta 5 Download Source
      OnePlus 7 Pro Open Beta 5 Download Source
    • If you have already flashed an Open Beta (you are currently running the latest Open Beta), you will receive this new build as an OTA.
    • If you are not running open beta software and would like to, please refer to the flashing instructions and the full ROM on the downloads page here.
    • Once you migrate to the beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will no longer receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.
    • Moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (full wipe of all data and cache).
    Make sure to let us know how you feel about the beta builds here in the thread too. We are watching.

Never Settle.

2. akks
    Jelly Bean Dec 19, 2019

akks , Dec 19, 2019 :
    Thanks for the update.
    We want more new features ;)
    Never settle

3. xMcMx
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 19, 2019

4. Pa1KumarM
    Gingerbread Dec 19, 2019

shettyy, AbJetley and OnePlusAim like this.
  5. akks
    Jelly Bean Dec 19, 2019

6. AzuLa9713
    Honeycomb Dec 19, 2019

7. xMcMx
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 19, 2019

JorgeMaTeixeira and OnePlusAim like this.
  8. Rockingbks
    Gingerbread Dec 19, 2019

Rockingbks , Dec 19, 2019 :
    It shows OnePlus care about customer.

OnePlus still not meeting our long demand.

1. Ultra power saving mode like Samsung.

It helps a lot in emergency situation where we can atleast connect to our family. Much needed function.

2. OnePlus own music player app.

3. Improvement in front camera quality in op7/pro.

4. Real color from back camera in op7/pro.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019

9. AzuLa9713
    Honeycomb Dec 19, 2019

10. JudePatrick
    Eclair Dec 19, 2019

SWAPPYONE, Manisingla728 and J05HI like this.

Manisingla728, J05HI and OnePlusAim like this.
  12. donPepitoGrillo
    Honeycomb Dec 19, 2019

J05HI and Ebrioneo like this.
  13. donPepitoGrillo
    Honeycomb Dec 19, 2019

donPepitoGrillo , Dec 19, 2019 :
    Those features charge your battery to 80% and near the time you usually wake up, they charge battery to 100%. I think it should be better to allow users to stay at 80%, which it's better for battery life.

J05HI likes this.
  14. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Dec 19, 2019 :
    It tries to learn when to finish a charge. It will eventuslly know when you will wake up and disconnect on regular bases. It could keep the battery at 80% during most of the night but finish before you disconnect.

Dodimo, AbJetley, J05HI and 1 other person like this.
  15. royalisto
    Donut Dec 19, 2019

16. JudePatrick
    Eclair Dec 19, 2019

JudePatrick , via OnePlus 7 , Dec 19, 2019 :
    So I still have to keep the app. I only charge my phone between 80% to 90% and I would like to keep it that way, so the feature won't do the job for me.

17. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Dec 19, 2019 :
    True but not good if background optimizing goes down the drain causing lag and more drain in the long run. They would need to trigger background optimizing at 80% then. Most sources suggests that only happen at 100% and on charger.

OnePlusAim and donPepitoGrillo like this.
  18. theOPlover
    Cupcake Dec 19, 2019

theOPlover , via OnePlus 7 , Dec 19, 2019 :
    Hey!

This new build removes the Benefits section of the Settings app (related to warranty and Cloud Service).

Is it a bug, or is this deliberate?

Also, I cannot set up my previously set-up TTS voices. I have had 3 calls made, and in none of them, did I hear the voice selected for TTS!

Please help. Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019

SWAPPYONE likes this.
  19. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Dec 19, 2019 :
    It's possible to trigger the background optimization via adb. Could help you if your phone looses out on automatic optimization too often.

Optimizing command. Run in adb shell if unrooted.
    cmd package bg-dexopt-job

That and more battery info here. "battery charging myths busted post" were they collect some info including that command.
    http://bit.ly/33bqDY2

Netsky60 likes this.
  20. donPepitoGrillo
    Honeycomb Dec 19, 2019

donPepitoGrillo , Dec 19, 2019 :
    Yes, that should be the way to implement the feature.