OxygenOS Open Beta 8 for the OnePlus 6

1. sohell_007 Cupcake Dec 5, 2018

sohell_007, Dec 5, 2018 :
    After updating with open beta 8, screen doesn't turn on after unlocking the device. In darker environment, it doesn't turn on at all, have to force restart the device to lit the display.

2. RAmmann Cupcake Dec 5, 2018

RAmmann, Dec 5, 2018 :
    BUG: Since the upgrade to 8, I'm unable to turn off the alarm. The screen is completely unresponsive. Only way to stop it is to physically reboot the phone. Same issue with alarms ringing in both OnePlus and Google clock.

3. vriesdejoop Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 5, 2018

vriesdejoop, Dec 5, 2018 :
    OP version I don't know, but the alarm of Google clock had no problems for me this morning

4. Multi8ball Eclair Dec 5, 2018

5. B_Wrath Lollipop Dec 5, 2018

Stickied Post
    B_Wrath, Dec 5, 2018 :
    ~OP6 OPEN BETA 8 - KNOWN BUGS AND TEMPORARY FIXES~

Bug 1: Cannot attend calls and turn off alarm when phone is locked.
    Temp fix: Turn off pocket mode in the settings.

Bug 2: Unable to clear recent apps.
    Temp fix: Uninstall oneplus launcher updates. You can find this in the app info page. Do not update it currently from the app store. Wait for the next update.
    Edit:
    Permanent fix: Launcher Update version 3.1.5 has fixed this issue.

Bug 3: Random soft restarts. Many have clicked this. But i personally don't have this bug. If anyone can provide the steps to replicate or have a fix, I'll be happy to test it out.

Random bugs with random apps.
    Fix: Try clearing cache of the app. Helps.

And please, raise a bug report with the link mentioned in original post or upvote a bug report which is similar to yours. Commenting here alone will not do much good.

If you guys have any other genuine bugs (not the battery drain issues, they are mostly user induced and you can checked the pinned battery thread for it), tag me or reply to this post. I'll try to replicate it and try to find out a fix.
    If you have a fix, then it is more awesome. I'll add to this list.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018

6. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Dec 5, 2018

SoniaB, Dec 5, 2018 :
    Done!

Please edit and update post as required

B_Wrath likes this.
  7. B_Wrath Lollipop Dec 5, 2018

B_Wrath, Dec 5, 2018 :
    Thank you very much! :)

SoniaB likes this.
  8. RAmmann Cupcake Dec 5, 2018

RAmmann, Dec 5, 2018 :
    ok, so need to turn off pocket mode. my annoyed wife thanks you

gotta say the UI of this thread is terrible. I tried searching numerous times for alarm bugs and the results turned up nothing in this thread (no way to restrict search results to the active thread?). I'm not going to read through 40+pages of largely useless comments in hopes of finding the one i need. hopefully your pinning the known bugs will help.

B_Wrath likes this.
  9. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Dec 5, 2018

SoniaB, Dec 5, 2018 :
    That's why I use Google.

site:forums.oneplus.com [enter your search]

Magic happens!

10. B_Wrath Lollipop Dec 5, 2018

B_Wrath, Dec 5, 2018 :
    The recent is not related to OB8 I guess. It is related more to the launcher update. Something in OB8 triggered it.

11. sohell_007 Cupcake Dec 5, 2018

B_Wrath

The recent is not related to OB8 I guess. It is related more to the launcher update. Something in OB8 triggered it.​

Anything on screen lock issue.? Can't turn it on after locking. I hear the unlocking sound, but the display doesn't light up.

12. B_Wrath Lollipop Dec 5, 2018

B_Wrath, Dec 5, 2018 :
    What screen lock issue? What can't you turn on? The display?

13. sohell_007 Cupcake Dec 5, 2018

Yep. The display remains turned of, though i hear the unlocking sound. Have to force restart the device to turn the display on.

14. Noi That Long Vu Cupcake Dec 5, 2018

Noi That Long Vu, Dec 5, 2018 :
    In some cases, you might have to record the logs for a longer period and reproduce the issue before you can submit a bug report (for example, network drops)

15. B_Wrath Lollipop Dec 5, 2018

B_Wrath, Dec 5, 2018 :
    How frequent does this happen and what os version are you on?
    Do you have a custom lockscreen app? What is your launcher?

16. Joel Mateo Gingerbread Dec 5, 2018

Joel Mateo, Dec 5, 2018 :
    I've seen that when I have lte the battery drains so slow but, when I'm with "H" battery starts draining so fast. Have you seen this??

17. 4sheesh Honeycomb Dec 5, 2018

4sheesh, Dec 5, 2018 :
    then see this OB 8

1544029188742.jpg

1544029188766.jpg

18. sohell_007 Cupcake Dec 5, 2018

B_Wrath

How frequent does this happen and what os version are you on?
    Do you have a custom lockscreen app? What is your launcher?​

Everytime i lock the device, almost 99%. It's happening after upgrading to open beta 8.
    No custom locks screen app, the default one plus launcher. And just uninstalled the laumcher update as you said.

19. B_Wrath Lollipop Dec 5, 2018

B_Wrath, Dec 5, 2018 :
    You didn't answer my other questions. Anyways, try clearing the cache of the launcher.

20. B_Wrath Lollipop Dec 5, 2018

B_Wrath, Dec 5, 2018 :
    Probably because your phone is trying to latch on to a lte network. The constant network search drains the battery. If you are sure of a place not having good lte signal, change the settings to 3G/2G instead of 4G/3G/2G.