Cupcake Jan 13, 2020

3. SteFaNos123
    Froyo Jan 13, 2020

4. O1572369696197 likes this.

5. Sickchild72 likes this.
  6. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jan 13, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Jan 13, 2020 :
    You make it sound like monthly security updates is the most important thing for you. If you did some research before buying you would have known that they normally do bi-monthly security updates.

I personally find the 3 different update channels far more interesting than monthly security updates.

An interesting thing is that when 10.0.3 International came with practically only security updates some complained on that too.
    I've owed phones that came with security updates every month with barely nothing else every single time. Even cases with no change logs... Made me so bored.

Android comes in many flavors. Oneplus delivers my favorite flavor. My chocolate Android with 3 kinds of sprinklers available [e]1f609[/e]

7. Sailor Moon
    Donut Jan 13, 2020

Sailor Moon , Jan 13, 2020 :
    Здравствуйте, помогите, пожалуйста, я ничего не обновлял, на прошивке 10.0.1 остаюсь, но раньше я мог будить часы одним касанием экрана, и после перезагрузки телефона не могу таким образом разбудить экран, только через кнопку сбоку ..

Attached Files:

8. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jan 13, 2020

KeepTransisting , Jan 13, 2020 :
    The hilarious thing about people bitching about security patches is none of them even know what the patches fix. They just see a higher number and newer date and say "oooh, I want it"

9. donPepitoGrillo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 13, 2020

donPepitoGrillo , Jan 13, 2020 :
    Hi,

I have observed the same as you, when I'm at home my battery lasts a lot, but when I'm out and go here and there my battery drains quickly. I think it's related to phone signal and Google Play Services trying to update location (Google Play Services detects if you move, so when it thinks you have moved certain distance it will try to get another location update).

Besides, it's not the same to use your phone continously than using it for short periods. For example, using netflix/youtube I can get about 9-10 hours of screen time (I'm a OnePlus 7 user). But if I use my phone in fractions to check/reply WhatsApp, lock my phone, check/reply mails, lock again, check bank account movements, lock phone, check WhatsApp again, view 5 minutes of Youtube, etc. then my battery usually lasts 6 hours of screen time or even less.

AndiTheBassman likes this.
  10. Alex_Cerv
    Gingerbread Jan 13, 2020

Alex_Cerv , Jan 13, 2020 :
    Finally some good words to read!!!
    Montly security updates most of the times are just a couple updated files, that end users will NEVER notice a difference....but you know higher number counts...thinking to be in a safe world.......

The "updates" policy shall be focused on bugfixing and if possible small new features (one and one via feedback tool)
    And yes, bimontly when update occurs... even security patch applied :-D

I am far happy with my 7 pro, io do not need higher number to showoff.... just some real thoughts before posting..
    this is respect

have a nice day

Sickchild72 likes this.
  11. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jan 13, 2020

KeepTransisting , Jan 13, 2020 :
    Expanding on that further, many of the fixed vulnerabilities require physical access to an unlocked device, which should never happen if people were smart about their security in the first place. Which most aren't, in all honesty.

Alex_Cerv likes this.
  12. Alex_Cerv
    Gingerbread Jan 13, 2020

Alex_Cerv , Jan 13, 2020 :
    But people just show off to care about security.... but in fact they do the opposite.
    I had for years unlocked rooted devices, but i know what i am doing and which apps to install(i check it decompiling before)

Security patches will not save you if you open wrong link... simply you must be always not confident of all crap found on the socials......

13. poonampandit4
    Cupcake Jan 13, 2020

14. Satrajit Chakraborty
    Honeycomb Jan 13, 2020

J1571092570140 likes this.
  15. Sl1me
    Cupcake Jan 13, 2020

16. Last edited: Jan 13, 2020

17. J1571092570140 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 13, 2020 :
    for me increase icon size in largest size , it was important for me
    i hope increase size more

18. Satrajit Chakraborty
    Honeycomb Jan 13, 2020

Satrajit Chakraborty , via OnePlus 7 , Jan 13, 2020 :
    Sometimes you have to manually check for that. Everytime it doesn't give any notifiaction. If you have checked it, then you can go to a nearby service centre for that or else you can use oxygen updater. Tottaly depends on user.