OxygenOS Open Beta 8 for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro

1. Alex_Cerv and vanj44 like this.
  2. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Jan 14, 2020 :
    Standard Android 10 behavior. Log press and swipe in instead of swipe in the top region. Might take some time to get used to.

Alex_Cerv and XRaptor29 like this.
  3. XRaptor29
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2020

XRaptor29 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 14, 2020 :
    Holy crap thank you. I didn't know this was how to properly do it. Honestly never thought about long pressing the side.

OnePlusAim likes this.
  4. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Jan 14, 2020 :
    The upside is that you don't need to stretch for the upper region of the screen. Works for the whole side

Alex_Cerv and XRaptor29 like this.
  5. Wijesooriya
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2020

Wijesooriya , Jan 14, 2020 :
    I'm installed open beta 8 for oneplus 7 pro.
    Please Add this features.
    1.Network selecting
    eg. 4G Only
    3G Only
    4G/3G Only
    3G/2G
    2. Give Volte & Vowifi feature in SRI LANKA

6. Wijesooriya
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2020

Santi_SAZ likes this.
  7. raj_ayush
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2020

raj_ayush , Jan 14, 2020 :
    1579031008814.jpg
    Wifi calling is enabled but still I am not able to call through wifi? I am using airtel.

8. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Jan 14, 2020 :
    O-rings on a moving object like a pop-up camera is a huge weakness in regards of IP rating. Even with some super material it would only be a matter of time before it would be compromised due to wear.
    Even the best IP rated phone can be compromised easily. If you get a water damage, in many cases, it seems like it does not matter what IP rating you had. It's your fault basically for not taking care of the phone better.

Alex_Cerv and OnePlusAim like this.
  9. OnePlusAim
    Honeycomb Jan 14, 2020

OnePlusAim , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 14, 2020 :
    absolutely and I wouldn't argue that for a second you're completely right however that's a use case scenario I don't know how often you get wet with your smartphone but unless that's my intention because of the rating of the phone I normally don't do anything stupid like record underwater like I did with my Note 9. so really at least in my opinion it should be perfectly fine the way that it is unless we're moving towards a use case in extremely wet conditions. like I'm a water softener technician and I get wet everyday but my phone does not get wet enough to the point where I would need anything beyond a little splash resistance. I don't know arguments for argument sake I suppose I really like the design of this phone and I know the direction where they're moving which makes sense to progressing forms of overall durability to the device for any scenario or most scenarios. I'm waiting for them to finish good technology for the under screen camera

Alex_Cerv likes this.
  10. Aderu Mahendra Ram
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2020

11. raj_ayush
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2020

12. Shalin235 likes this.
  13. T1564989418576
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2020

14. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Jan 14, 2020 :
    Under screen camera would be nice. I would even be willing to sacrifice some picture quality to make it happen. Selfie cam is a really low priority for me. Needs to be fairly useable for video chat but that is it. I wouldn't stare longer at myself then really nessesary... [e]1f609[/e]

Alex_Cerv and OnePlusAim like this.

15. OnePlusAim
    Honeycomb Jan 14, 2020

OnePlusAim , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 14, 2020 :
    lmfao [e]1f602[/e] that's how I feel too . selfie camera not a high priority

16. Satrajit Chakraborty
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2020

17. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Jan 14, 2020 :
    My carrier did not have it in the beginning either. I complained alot on them and eventually they added support for it that came with a later firmware upgrade.
    If the carrier does not officially support your device Oneplus can't do anything about it by themselfs. So I would say to always ask the carrier about it and see what they say. Sometimes there are solutions.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/unified-wifi-calling-for-oneplus-devices.1163916/

18. jiangbo
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2020

19. krish36279
    Eclair Jan 15, 2020

krish36279 , Jan 15, 2020 :
    I can't flash open beta in my oneplus 7 pro. It shows downgrading is not allowed. what should I do now?