OxygenOS Open Beta 8 for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro

1. gian_nyc
    Eclair Jan 15, 2020

gian_nyc , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 15, 2020 :
    Exactly the same for me, I went to bed last night with 16% (!!) battery and the phone died overnight.
    1579098256577.jpg

2. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jan 15, 2020

3. gian_nyc
    Eclair Jan 15, 2020

I perfectly know that. But I definitely wasn't expecting a drain of 16% in less than 8h! Plus it was a test, on purpose

Rahulsalecha7777 likes this.
  4. Swejuggalo

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Jan 15, 2020 :
    Your case seems to be plagued by huge WhatsApp drain. Using that app very much or does it drain that much regardless? Try to reset the by wiping app cache or even data. Some have mentioned using an older version or even beta version as a solution.

5. Aubfred08
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2020

Aubfred08 , via OnePlus 7 , Jan 15, 2020 :
    I am on the beta version of whatsapp. On the issue of battery drain its surprising because use chrome more that WhatsApp. Another thing is sometimes would switch off data completely but the battery drain is worse on the Open beta than previous version. So am highlighting that without changing my usage patterns the battery stats have dropped significantly

6. Swejuggalo

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Jan 15, 2020 :
    Ah I see. Something is really messing with your system with that high system drain.
    My favorite tool for battery analysis is BetterBatteryStats. Can sometimes show stuff that is very helpful to find the problem.
    You can manually run the optimizing command in adb shell.
    cmd package bg-dexopt-job
    On a already optimized system it seems to take like 2 minutes.

Alex_Cerv likes this.
  7. gian_nyc
    Eclair Jan 15, 2020

I have it installed, I didn't know about the adb command I'll give it a try

G_pankaj_arora_sqsb likes this.
  8. gian_nyc
    Eclair Jan 15, 2020

Thank you so much!

9. JmcRepair33
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 15, 2020

10. G_pankaj_arora_sqsb
    Eclair Jan 15, 2020

11. Eildert
    Donut Jan 15, 2020

Eildert , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 15, 2020 :
    it feels like my OnePlus 7 Pro is getting slower after install the beta. when I unlock the phone it takes approximately 1 second before I can press on an icon to open an app. also starting apps itself takes longer time imo

12. ch_swat_89
    Eclair Jan 15, 2020

13. Alex_Cerv
    Gingerbread Jan 15, 2020

Alex_Cerv , Jan 15, 2020 :
    Correct, this was well and deeply discussed on Samsung side, from S7 all got IP68 rating, where in some cases few customers has needed warranty with some issues after some time, they agreed device was used underwater.
    Service center denied warranty as per water leakage inside the phone, this has not compromised phone functionality but inside the phone there are special papers that get colored with humidity.

Are you completely confident to use/submerge you 800/900 euros phone risking no warranty?

IP68 is only feature showboat, nothing else

14. Alex_Cerv
    Gingerbread Jan 15, 2020

Alex_Cerv , Jan 15, 2020 :
    absolutely agree, I got S7, S8 and S9+ and never used underwater, even i swimmed a lot.
    The 90HZ full screen experience is absolutely stunning, that punch hole will ruin it and i will hate that, My 7 Pro can last waiting 9 Pro with underscreen camera

SubySTI23, prfraczek and OnePlusAim like this.
  15. OnePlusAim
    Honeycomb Jan 15, 2020

OnePlusAim , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 15, 2020 :
    thank you dude I did not even cover that for I've had the s8 plus note 8 note9 and S10+. the design of the OnePlus 7 Pro perfect find the movie parts I've had no issues with it I'm not really a huge selfie camera user myself the smallest flashes that I have gotten on my phone have been of no consequence and I really just can't see myself going back to the whole punch when I specifically traded it out of that design other your feels like they're going a little backwards with it makes me sad

Alex_Cerv likes this.
  16. JmcRepair33
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 15, 2020

JmcRepair33 , Jan 15, 2020 :
    No bro. after beta 8 the volume is very low on calls and stuff

C1570529198805 and OnePlusAim like this.
  17. gabe.bars
    Eclair Jan 16, 2020

gabe.bars , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 16, 2020 :
    I'm having issues of heavy stutter and slowness with the phone due to low ram with this rom. Checked when phone started to behave badly and all the times it had less than 400mb free. I disabled the ram boost and it didn't seem to improve things. Anyone also with this problem on this version?
    All the times it got REALLY slow I was using Google Maps to navigate and used the camera to get some shots along the way. But even on normal usage I feel it way more sluggish and stuttering.

18. gg1+7
    Gingerbread Jan 16, 2020

the_reckoner likes this.
  19. jicox1
    Cupcake Jan 16, 2020

jicox1 , Jan 16, 2020 :
    Since upgrading my OnePlus 7 Pro to Android 10, I have experienced several disturbing issues. My internet connection has become unstable despite what the interface tells me, existing settings have been reset, and I am not finding any additional features that I can use. I very much want to revert back to a version that works. I depend on my phone for work and at this point I'm seriously looking for the next iPhone trade in deal if these issues continue.
    Please help me, as I used to really like this phone and spent a lot of money for it and expect more.

Sincerely
    Jim Cox
    [email protected]

K1578467158279 likes this.