OxygenOS Open Beta 8 for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro

1. C1563091050218
    Eclair Jan 3, 2020

2. MaheshMe88
    Cupcake Jan 3, 2020

MaheshMe88 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 3, 2020 :
    Need help!!!!!!! After updating the latest version, while calling someone the volume is not getting down. it's still in high volume even if we trying to down the volume. please advise to fix this.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020

3. Rajesh3825
    Cupcake Jan 3, 2020

Rajesh3825 , Jan 3, 2020 :
    Navigation bar getting hidden while calling and after calling. so how to fix this pls let me know it's so frustrating

4. SagarNB04
    Donut Jan 3, 2020

SagarNB04 , Jan 3, 2020 :
    I bought the mighty OnePlus 7 Pro thinking that I will not have the need to change the smartphone for probably next 2 years. But just after connecting my Bluetooth earphones with the device I got to know that I might need to change the device and go back to Samsung.

Firstly, the audio playback via Bluetooth earphones is very poor (literally very poor and disgusting)

Secondly, there is no proper equalizer or Dolby settings. The given settings are just a mere place holders.

Thirdly, I feel the lack of Headphone jack in the device as it has tons of connectivity issues as it does not connect to my earphones and once it gets connected, the audio keeps going on and off.

Really dissappointed with the performance of audio quality and moreover, I do not expect any solution from OnePlus via this post. I just needed a place to come out with what I had in my mind.

Thanks if anyone reads this.

5. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Jan 3, 2020

dadoc04 and B k like this.
  6. Riccardo_Brambilla , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 3, 2020 :
    Does anyone have problems with the phone app with this update?
    Sometimes when i do a phone call, the phone doesn't ring and the call starts istantly, buy i can't hear anything except my voice

suyashbiradar likes this.
  7. J1571092570140 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 3, 2020 :
    Yes i have the same problem even with any icon pack reduced to same size

8. 9413813808
    Cupcake Jan 3, 2020

reZa7 likes this.
  9. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Jan 3, 2020

Swejuggalo , Jan 3, 2020 :
    Would be great if you report this via the feedback tool.

What headphones? I use Sony WI-1000X myself. They use LDAC. I have some issues with the base some on them depending on played music... But both International and Beta have equalizer and so does my headphones app (haven't tried to tweak sound much. Just disabled all effects I could find - flat and boring is my thing 😉). The problem is mainly my own musical preferences. They are just some budget secondary music option so I accepted some limitations and flaws. The bluetooth itself is in my case is not flawed. Only case bluetooth has been limited is when I connect to my DAC. But I believe it's the DAC/Amp that has a limited range.

I've seen reports on bad quality before but also some B&W AptX HD issues that was kind of fixed so it supported AptX rather than plain SBC (lacking Aptx HD certification I think). Also some issues with Oneplus own headphones.

10. jeeters
    Eclair Jan 3, 2020

jeeters , Jan 3, 2020 :
    Does it fix phantom touch for OP7Pro? Due to back gesture and back button. Been a issue since Oxygen OS 10 release.

11. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Jan 3, 2020 :
    It's never really been an issue for me. I only use NFC on demand. Don't know if I would have had the issue even if I had it on all the time.
    Can't recall seeing any notice about it on beta 8 yet. I see it every now and then though... Even the cold weather seems to trigger it according to some.

jeeters likes this.

12. typ0
    Cupcake Jan 3, 2020

13. jeeters
    Eclair Jan 3, 2020

jeeters , Jan 3, 2020 :
    Can understand that but I'm a daily user of NFC for Google Pay so its annoying, having to restart phone about twice a day.

14. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Jan 3, 2020 :
    I personally toogle it on and off ondemand.
    I don't know how many that is affected by it. But it could very well be a variated effect of the disturbance NFC or something else for that matter can cause. At some point the weakness/flaw in the hardware can't be fixed by software. Some of the devices with issues caused by ghost touches that never go away could actually be flawed devices.

15. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Jan 3, 2020 :
    It's back... But fixing it to make it look like old 9 version may be harder. It might be easier and much quicker to use a 3rd party solution than to wait on Oneplus to remake something Google dropped support for.

16. F_Simon_Notforu_UTNp
    Cupcake Jan 3, 2020

17. wasim9308
    Cupcake Jan 3, 2020

18. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Jan 3, 2020 :
    A firmware is never compatible with 5G version unless clearly saying so

K1575570315294 likes this.