OxygenOS Open Beta 8 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro

1. Abdul B.
    OxygenOS Operations Staff Member Mar 20, 2021

Abdul B. , Mar 20, 2021 :
    Hey everyone,

Here are the latest open beta builds for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro.

Please bear in mind that this is beta software and, as such, may be less stable than stable MP builds. If you are installing this build, we highly recommend you make a full system back-up before proceeding.

Key updates
    • System
      • OnePlus account now can be registered with the phone number in more countries or regions
      • Optimized the startup speed of some apps to improve the user experience
      • Fixed the noise issue of 5G calls
      • Fixed the issue that the fingerprint pattern is not displayed on the screen (OP8 series only)
      • Fixed the issue that WhatsApp cannot receive messages when it is in the background for a long time
      • Fixed the issue in which the "Turn on automatically" in Dark Mode is disabled after the system update
      • Fixed the disappearing issue with the animation of the voice assistant wake-up gesture
      • Fixed the issue that no caller ID is displayed from the favorite contacts in Do Not Disturb mode
      • Fixed the issue that the Setting interface displays abnormally under the split screen of call forwarding
      • Fixed the flash issue with the Quick Reply in Landscape
      • Fixed the issue that the status bar is displayed abnormally when using split-screen with the Chrome
      • Fixed the small probability issue that the expanded screenshot may stop working
      • Updated Android security patch to 2021.03
    • Camera
      • Newly added time watermark (Go to: Camera - Settings - Shot on OnePlus watermark - Time)
      • Gallery
      • Fixed the issue in which pictures are not displayed in the Gallery after they are copied to the DCIM category
      • Fixed the issue that the Nearby Share button may disappear when using Google Photos
    • Bluetooth
      • Fixed the issue that the SCENARIO-BASED ENHANCEMENT switch is not displayed in the settings when OnePlus Buds is connected to the phone
      • Fixed the issue that the device cannot be searched by other Bluetooth devices
      • Fixed the issue of the incomplete dialog box displayed in landscape mode
      • Fixed known issues with the SMS to improve functional stability (OP8 series only)
    • Clock
      • Improved the touch range of stopwatch buttons and improved the user experience
    • Ambient Display
      • Fixed the issue in which the AOD displays the wrong time sequence after setting up some languages as system languages
      • Fixed the issue with AOD that the screen may flash when unlocking with fingerprint
      • Fixed the issue with AOD that the screen may display red in some scenes
      • Fixed the issue of blurred lines in AOD
    • Network
      • Fixed the failure issue with Wi-Fi
    • Zen Mode
      • Newly added the Tide Voice Medal (Complete 3 Zen Mode challenges with white noise to win this medal)
    Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are sometimes not as stable as our official OTAs generally are. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks. For those who were on previous versions for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro, we appreciate your active feedback and for reaching out to us. With your help, we have been able to better optimize and improve several key areas. Thank you for your patience and as always, we look forward to getting your continued feedback via the Community app.
    [​IMG]

If you don't have the Community app installed on your device, feel free to download it HERE. You can check here for more information on the integrated Feedback tool.

Please note:
    • If you have already flashed an Open Beta (you are currently running the latest Open Beta), you will receive this new build as an OTA.
    • If you are not running open beta software and would like to, please refer to the flashing instructions and the full ROM on the downloads page here.
    • Once you migrate to the Beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will no longer receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.
    • Moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (full wipe of all data and cache).
    Make sure to let us know how you feel about the beta builds here in the thread too. We are watching.

Never Settle.

2. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Mar 20, 2021

3. anesh007
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 20, 2021

TawsifMottaki, Dinesh_T and Yussuan like this.
  6. Aaron2017
    Jelly Bean Mar 20, 2021

Aaron2017 , Mar 20, 2021 :
    Last one was februari 5 so as per their bi-monthly update policy the next one should be in the first week of april, give or take a few days.

Sven_v, cruzAD, otto2 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Arjun_Choudhry
    KitKat Mar 20, 2021

Arjun_Choudhry , Mar 20, 2021 :
    Still no Bitmoji AOD? :(
    Even so, the update is extremely stable and feels a little smoother and faster than Beta 7. So Kudos on that!

8. SandeshChinchapur
    Jelly Bean Mar 20, 2021

denisk and Swejuggalo like this.
  9. Smedo
    Eclair Mar 20, 2021

Smedo , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Mar 20, 2021 :
    I'm running stable now and have 5g, vowifi and volte in the netherlands (kpn). I want to go back to the beta track, but don't want to loose these features. If someone installs the update, can you post if this is all still working?

cruzAD likes this.
  10. FromNetherlands
    Eclair Mar 20, 2021

FromNetherlands , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Mar 20, 2021 :
    Yes, this is a huge update and working great. Question guys, I did update over update again. Is it the best way to do a full factory reset, or is a cache clean from recovery enough to be sure it's all working like it should be...

Btw, my Op8p is working great, no compliants so far... It's Just to be sure...

cruzAD and tondaskater like this.
  11. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Mar 20, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Mar 20, 2021 :
    Factory resets is often recommended if doing major version upgrades (10->11). I always do that. But rarely unless bored between beta x to beta y unless having a tricky issue.
    I don't wipe caches either, other than cache/data on specific apps. I do however verifiy via forcing a background optimize that the phone is in good shape the day after upgrade. ( adb shell = cmd package bg-dexopt-job )
    I have out of the of curiosity rolled back to early 10, and setup the device and did a dirty flash some betas ago, just as a test. And not surprisingly got some minor glitches I did not have before the dirty upgrade. (more stuff to report = hurray! I 😜)
    Lately those seems to be gone though.

Dinesh_T, FlugzeugSK, cruzAD and 2 others like this.
  12. wildecooke
    Donut Mar 20, 2021

13. Aaditya_001 , via OnePlus 8 Glacial Green , Mar 20, 2021 :
    Was way way happier seeing OnePlus has provided a ton of fixes, but after finding out they haven't updated the MUST NEEDED CAMERA, feels like shit tbh. Even the budget phones are taking pics better than the OnePlus 8 & yet they haven't updated since last 3-4 stable updates

14. FromNetherlands
    Eclair Mar 20, 2021

FromNetherlands , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Mar 20, 2021 :
    Thanks! Great reply

cruzAD and Swejuggalo like this.
  15. MihaiValentin
    Eclair Mar 20, 2021

Mkalandar and L1601968868875 like this.
  16. Aaron2017
    Jelly Bean Mar 20, 2021

Aaron2017 , Mar 20, 2021 :
    Already asked and answered above.

Chispas_elek likes this.
  17. efks
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 20, 2021

cruzAD likes this.
  18. Aditya.14_
    Froyo Mar 20, 2021

hey_im_pankaj likes this.
  19. dadoudidouda
    Froyo Mar 20, 2021

dadoudidouda , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Mar 20, 2021 :
    Beta version is international, 5G in Europe is almost never enabled. For VoWifi and VoLTE it depends on carriers.

I prefer having the beta version and no 5G (I tried it and didn't find anything interesting, battery was worse and download speeds inferior to 4G+

cruzAD likes this.
  20. Chaitu9919
    Donut Mar 20, 2021

cruzAD, Dinesh_T and U1601494472467 like this.