OxygenOS Open Beta 8 (Nougat) for OnePlus 3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mysky911
    Froyo Dec 1, 2016

mysky911 , Dec 1, 2016 :
    @@Tony L. , can we have source code of Open Betas released for developers??? Thanks.

Archies likes this.
  2. brath23
    Gingerbread Dec 1, 2016

brath23 , Dec 1, 2016 :
    Flashing the zip in TWRP as usual

3. Sun90
    Starting Point Expert Dec 1, 2016

Sun90 , Dec 1, 2016 :
    chill ma8, no pun intended to offend u in any ways.
    ext4 is the most popular file format for android for now.

4. suvrat29
    Froyo Dec 1, 2016

suvrat29 , Dec 1, 2016 :
    Guess we'll have to wait and watch

5. Deactivated User
    Dec 1, 2016

6. lostnerd280
    Cupcake Dec 1, 2016

lostnerd280 , Dec 1, 2016 :
    I am using Open beta 7 at this time. It says in the thread that they will not release this build as an OTA update as it may have some bugs. Will they release Nougat as an OTA update for beta users once a stable build is available?

7. Deactivated User
    Dec 1, 2016

Deactivated User , Dec 1, 2016 :
    day 2. so far, after decent use, the only issue i'm seeing is a fraction of a second delay in the screen turning on when waking the phone. Otherwise, everything is gravy.

MichalGrzymski and fxguru77 like this.
  8. Maecius
    Cupcake Dec 1, 2016

Maecius , Dec 1, 2016 :
    I really had no intention to comment on this thread because I won't install CB8 on my OP3 yet. But I am really, I mean REALLY shocked by all those questions of people, who are apparently not knowing what they are doing. Guys, you are installing BETA-Software. Beta as in "not ready yet for the masses". You can and certainly will experience bugs. Maybe lots of them, severe bugs probably. Mind this when you feel tempted to install CB8 just to "be ahead of the crowd". And please stop complaining afterwards. You knew the prize. Report the bugs instead, as beta testers should do...

9. stephenboyo
    KitKat Dec 1, 2016

stephenboyo , Dec 1, 2016 :
    OP uses forum members in all kinds of ways, the only difference is that the OP3 was truly OP's beta phone and it was used all along to test and iron out software for the 3T. This was the case all along (unless one can't read between the lines). All the work done by users happy to flash beta MMs right from day 1 was meant to streamline the OS for OP3T only thing was that OP never told anyone this, they've been quite up front about things like that in the past but were very quiet this time round. that is why people are ticked off. I guess they needed to sell as many OP3 phones as possible as otherwise many OP3 owners would have chosen to wait for the 3T instead if it had been announced at launch. You're right thoug that OP3 users are not obliged to beta test any software for the OP3T

vittalv1988 likes this.
  10. nikhilsnigam
    Froyo Dec 1, 2016

Kono14 likes this.
  11. lostnerd280
    Cupcake Dec 1, 2016

If i dirty flash it over Open Beta 7 will it change the file system to Ext4?

12. Scherpenseel
    KitKat Dec 1, 2016

Scherpenseel , Dec 1, 2016 :
    Of course not... You're not in any way re-formatting your data that way so it can't change the disk format. Do you even know what it is/what you're doing, or are you just installing it because people say you have to?

lostnerd280 and Maecius like this.
  13. ace_atishay
    Donut Dec 1, 2016

ace_atishay , Dec 1, 2016 :
    **********HELP**********
    I flashed the Open Beta 8 file. After the update, I can't update or download any application in Play Store. It keeps showing downloading and doesn't download anything. I tried downloading other files over other applications which is working perfectly fine.

14. Deactivated User
    Dec 1, 2016

Deactivated User , Dec 1, 2016 :
    It will not, you need a fresh install to accomplish that.

15. lostnerd280
    Cupcake Dec 1, 2016

Yes i know what i'm doing. I was browsing through this thread and read that to change the file system back to f2fs a factory reset is required so i was a bit confused. Thank you for replying btw

16. stephenboyo
    KitKat Dec 1, 2016

I uploaded beta 7 as a sideload in TWRP, clean wiped beta 8 and factory reset before installing beta 7. For me nougat in its current form is too unstable for my phone and i don't like the 'dm-verity hasn't started up properly' error message that I kept getting every time i booted up my phone in Beta 8. I wasn't aware that OP had warned people not to install Nougat through TWRP.

17. stephenboyo
    KitKat Dec 1, 2016

Best not to dirty flash or your phone will be in trouble.

Scherpenseel likes this.
  18. jatinkalra07
    Gingerbread Dec 1, 2016

jatinkalra07 , Dec 1, 2016 :
    True - Superlike. :)

19. Kannon83
    Eclair Dec 1, 2016

20. r47z
    Gingerbread Dec 1, 2016

r47z , Dec 1, 2016 :
    apart from the knick knacks from this "beta" i think its working pretty well.... i mean its daily driver worthy.