OxygenOS Open Beta 8 (Nougat) for OnePlus 3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stephenboyo
    KitKat Dec 1, 2016

stephenboyo , Dec 1, 2016 :
    I've tried it with the unofficial version and it still messed up my phone. Best to install this version of Nougat using stock recovery only, otherwise there will be file format and dm-verity issues in TWRP. It just means rooting will be impossible.

2. lostnerd280
    Cupcake Dec 1, 2016

lostnerd280 , Dec 1, 2016 :
    I don't want to, but i am not sure if they will release Nougat as an OTA to beta users in future.

3. stephenboyo
    KitKat Dec 1, 2016

I achieved 157K on antutu with Beta 7.

4. Archies
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 1, 2016

Archies , Dec 1, 2016 :
    Yes source code please

5. Kannon83
    Eclair Dec 1, 2016

Kannon83 , Dec 1, 2016 :
    yes but this is the first beta andorid 7

Limitbreak likes this.
  6. Scherpenseel
    KitKat Dec 1, 2016

Scherpenseel , Dec 1, 2016 :
    You can also clean flash this build.

7. stephenboyo
    KitKat Dec 1, 2016

Probably not. It will probably be released as the Final stock ROM once the bugs have been ironed out by beta testers. From what I've seen when I flashed it, it is very similar to CM14.1, same notification style etc. So if you want Nougat in a more stable format and remain rooted then flash CM14 and wait till OP releases it's stock Nougat version

lostnerd280 likes this.
  8. MarcosLukac
    Froyo Dec 1, 2016

MarcosLukac , Dec 1, 2016 :
    Me too, the only reason why I was using CM 14.1 nightly was for this capability. Now I'll be back to Oxygen OS. Thanks OnePlus!!!

9. Limitbreak
    Gingerbread Dec 1, 2016

Limitbreak , Dec 1, 2016 :
    Is it just me or is this thread full of idiots lol? Some of these comments make me cringe into a pile of goop guys stay away from beta software if you don't know what the hell you are doing.

10. Deactivated User
    Dec 1, 2016

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2016

11. yanikproulx
    Cupcake Dec 1, 2016

yanikproulx , Dec 1, 2016 :
    I believe the Play Store is having problems at the moment. I've had this happen to me today on different devices. Just a bad coincidence.

ace_atishay likes this.
  12. yolomofo
    Froyo Dec 1, 2016

yolomofo , Dec 1, 2016 :
    I clean flashed through twrp but got the dm-verity message when booting up...

Besides that I cant get stock recovery to run properly. It flashes fine through fastboot, but I only get a black screen when booting into the recovery :\

13. James Matthew Wells
    Honeycomb Dec 1, 2016

Attached Files:

14. AcmE85
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 1, 2016

AcmE85 , Dec 1, 2016 :
    It seems nobody discovered this besides me so far so I post this here too:

DPI can be set even more exactly inside the developer options!

Search for the setting "Smallest width" in the developer options (almost at the bottom where animation speeds are located)

The set value is not directly corresponding to the set DPI,
    instead you have to raise the value for the DPI to go down.
    It applies in real-time!
    If you go to the Nougat scaling settings afterwards, it will show you the exact DPI.

I am using the second smallest scaling setting and a smallest width value of 430 dp
    which results in exactly 401 DPI and resembles the OP3's exact ppi resolution.

15. stephenboyo
    KitKat Dec 1, 2016

Okay I didn't dirty flash I cleaned flashed it but then after installing Nougat I went into change the file data format from ext4 to f2fs so im wondering if that was the cause of the dm verity error message. Should i have just rebooted without amending data format to f2fs? Also can one root on the new beta nougat?, cos I flashed supersu and the phone did not recognise my sim card at start up. I then reinstalled beta 8 and it was fine. That is why im unsure if rooting is possible on this version of nougat. appreciate your advice!

16. mastermunj
    Cupcake Dec 1, 2016

mastermunj , Dec 1, 2016 :
    After 3 failed tries with error (serving: 'OnePlus3Oxygen_16_OTA_016_all_1611302306_cc5d2327b14247fd.zip' (~92%) * failed to read command: Undefined error: 0) 4th trial succeeded!

17. Abhay1310
    Eclair Dec 1, 2016

Abhay1310 , Dec 1, 2016 :
    View attachment 470066
    Does any have an issue regarding EQUALIZER in Play Music after flashing Beta Build? As I searched on Google no such solutions. Is this in every 7.0 or just Oneplus's Beta Build. Pls Guide Me

P.S. I'm happy and Thumbsup fr developers for providing us such an awesome Build. Kudos OP Team [e]1f64f[/e][e]1f64f[/e]

18. James Matthew Wells
    Honeycomb Dec 1, 2016

James Matthew Wells , Dec 1, 2016 :
    I have found not major bugs yet. Got one lone force close of Gmail and the lockscreen is a little slower to come up before when I wake the phone with fingerprint or double tap.

19. cezarvrabie
    Jelly Bean Dec 1, 2016

cezarvrabie , Dec 1, 2016 :
    I also have the TWRP password problem. Did you install SuperSU without booting first into the ROM?

20. hadighattas
    Honeycomb Dec 1, 2016

hadighattas , Dec 1, 2016 :
    All that matter is that graphics improved. Hope that was vulkan that did that :) I can send you a clip of nfs no limits on m if you'd like that way you could check for any differences.