OxygenOS Open Beta 9 for the OnePlus 6

1. Manu J.
    Global Product Operations Manager Staff Member Dec 17, 2018

Manu J. , Dec 17, 2018 :
    Hello everyone!

Here is the latest open beta build for the OnePlus 6.

ChangeLog
    • System
      • Updated Android security patch to 2018.12
      • Added toast message when parallel apps are unavailable due to data corruption
    • Phone
      • Added call history for incoming calls from unknown numbers
      • Optimized UI for Spam messages and calls
    • OnePlus Switch
      • Now supports migrating data from iPhone

Please keep in mind that this is a beta software. These builds are sometimes not as stable as our official OTAs generally are. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks. And please remember to tell us about any bugs you may find using the bug report forums.

We have integrated the Feedback tool into Community App and you can report bugs and share Logs directly to our bug hunters with the community App.

To submit a new bug report

Community app > Profile > Feedback > click on + icon > select a category > fill in the details attach screenshots if any > submit (the tool will capture logs based on the category)

[​IMG]

In some cases, you might have to record the logs for a longer period and reproduce the issue before you can submit a bug report (
    for example, network drops:
    Community app > Profile > Feedback > click on + icon > select a category > fill in the details attach screenshots if any > start recording (the app records logs in the background > once the issue has been reproduced > Stop Recording > submit

Do try out the new Feedback tool, it is now much easier and simpler for our community to report bugs and share feedback with us. If you have any questions or need help, please contact Bughunters@oneplus.com

Please note:
    • If you have already flashed an Open Beta (you are currently running the latest Open Beta), you will receive this new build as an OTA.
    • If you are not running open beta software and would like to, please refer to the flashing instructions and the full ROM on the downloads page here.
    • Once you migrate to the beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will no longer receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.
    • Moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (full wipe of all data and cache).
    Make sure to let us know how you feel about the beta builds here in the thread too, we are watching.

Never Settle.

2. broodrooster
    Gingerbread Dec 17, 2018

3. Najeeb K A
    Eclair Dec 17, 2018

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018

4. FaleshC
    KitKat Dec 17, 2018

FaleshC , Dec 17, 2018 :
    Well that's pretty fast.. We sure are getting Betas a lot faster!!:):)
    Hope to see a stable build soon!!:D

5. xnutzii
    Lollipop Dec 17, 2018

xnutzii , Dec 17, 2018 :
    Damn that's fast!

I see that the 6T is starting a Beta too? :D

Merging the same OS as the 6??

What happened to the thread?! :(

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018

6. kshgarg
    Gingerbread Dec 17, 2018

7. Deactivated User
    Dec 17, 2018

8. sabbyjay
    Honeycomb Dec 17, 2018

sabbyjay , Dec 17, 2018 :
    That's all good, and thanks for that!

But now that I've opted out of Beta roms due to battery issues, I'm waiting for a stable rom because, there are battery issues on 9.0.2 stable rom too.

And not every one would be using a beta. A stable at this point would be much appreciated .

Anyways, thanks for the effort on the beta side of the things really appreciate that.

9. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Dec 17, 2018

B_Wrath , Dec 17, 2018 :
    @Manu J. What happened to the other thread where you mentioned OB1 for 6T?
    I was happy that both paths are going to merge.

10. sabbyjay
    Honeycomb Dec 17, 2018

as in both stable paths or beta paths?

11. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Dec 17, 2018

B_Wrath , Dec 17, 2018 :
    Nah. Edited my post. Read again.

Kytharsis likes this.
  12. thegreatv
    Gingerbread Dec 17, 2018

Tejaschheda1 likes this.
  13. sabbyjay
    Honeycomb Dec 17, 2018

ah, I see, you were talking about the beta path. Well maybe they found an issue with the 6T Beta. We call them "showstoppers" in software delivery.
    It'll be up soon, depending on if there is a showstopper to begin with and if there is, then how long it takes to rectify it.

But I'm happy they intend to merge the 2 development cycles.

F_Vidushi_Khanna likes this.
  14. Cusci
    Cupcake Dec 17, 2018

Cusci , Dec 17, 2018 :
    Hi, when i try to install the latest OB from the Internal local update, the phone when reboot, bootloops on the recovery and only when i wipe 7/8 times the cache i can reboot into system but the stable version 9.0.2 of oxygen.
    Can anyone help me?

LuísDias117, yellow.eyed and jnts.c like this.
  15. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Dec 17, 2018

B_Wrath , Dec 17, 2018 :
    The thread obviously were going to merge at some point.

16. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Dec 17, 2018

B_Wrath , Dec 17, 2018 :
    All beta related queries must be done on the beta thread.
    Don't create redundant threads.

Kytharsis and otto2 like this.
  17. zoran81
    Jelly Bean Dec 17, 2018

AzizT2 likes this.
  18. Cusci
    Cupcake Dec 17, 2018

Cusci , Dec 17, 2018 :
    Can you link me to the correct thread because i found a lot of useless thread?

19. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Dec 17, 2018

B_Wrath , Dec 17, 2018 :
    It's a pinned thread.

zoran81, Cusci and otto2 like this.
  20. U1531578232296
    Donut Dec 17, 2018

U1531578232296 , Dec 17, 2018 :
    hey guys I know I'm off topic but I'm facing a problem on my op6 in certain apps whenever I view ads.. they're saved in Android app data .... but they start to show up whenever I am sending a picture through WhatsApp or Instagram they don't show up in gallery.... it's very irritating.... any solution? .. thanks in advance