OxygenOS Open Beta 9 for the OnePlus 7 Pro and 7

1. Batman360
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 16, 2020

Batman360 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Feb 16, 2020 :

Adex0ne

You got it all wrong;

1. the one-handed mode removed has been useless, as it only allows for the upper part of the screen to be reachable

2. force dark mode is really bad for me as those apps that are yet to support dark mode tend to have a very bad colour accuracy

3. What was discussed as regards camera improvement isn't what can be implemented in a day rather expect it in the next generation on OnePlus devices with back port the software side of it to old devices.

4. OB9 has been great so far, after the first 2 battery cycles, I got 8hrs SOT in a 16hrs use far better than OB7 and the general software experience has been top notch

5. Why can't I dig deep into the system to find out some hiccups noticed in previous beta and also post the good side of it? Don't be a critic, lol.​

These were some useful features that were removed... maybe they were useless for you doesn't mean it's useless for everyone, lol. And I said "some camera updates" minor fixes in color shifting i have been facing problem. Beta build is meant to be buggy and hence reporting a bug in feedback and also on the comments so that people who are using these feature don't get irritated by it's removal. And not being a critic just informing people that they will be missing out some nice features in this update, lol.🤘(Never talked about battery coz i am a hard core mobile gamer and my screen is always at 90hz refresh rate etc etc so while gaming or max settings it gives around 2.5-3 hrs of gaming which is decent for me so can't complain on that).

Shajahankm and Jay2020 like this.
  2. kdkfkdid
    Cupcake Feb 16, 2020

3. Jay2020
    Gingerbread Feb 16, 2020

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020

4. Adex0ne

5. Jay2020
    Gingerbread Feb 16, 2020

6. Adex0ne

Adex0ne , via OnePlus 7 Pro Almond , Feb 16, 2020 :
    That's strange, have you done anything at since you've started experiencing such, like clear cache and probably storage and see if either helps?

7. Jay2020
    Gingerbread Feb 16, 2020

8. Jay2020
    Gingerbread Feb 16, 2020

9. Nunhlu
    Cupcake Feb 16, 2020

L1558132372146 likes this.
  10. sonofagun
    Honeycomb Feb 16, 2020

11. sonofagun
    Honeycomb Feb 16, 2020

sonofagun , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Feb 16, 2020 :
    Personally, I loved the one-handed mode, used it everyday since l
    got OB8(its entire purpose is to help you reach the top of the
    screen with one hand, not making a mini version of the screen).
    I'm hoping it'll be back in the next beta.
    And secondly, Override force dark is not meant to be perfect. It is
    a developer option for a reason and for the apps that didn't have
    dark mode when I needed it, it really came in handy.That mode is
    hidden away because people might complain about its
    imperfection; doesn't mean no one uses it. I use it frequently and
    now I cant which bothers me (it's a feature from core Android,
    not OnePlus's own function to remove). I'm sure there was some issue with it that forced OP to disable it in this update, just hoping it'll be back soon.

Alex_Cerv likes this.
  12. Adex0ne

Adex0ne , via OnePlus 7 Pro Almond , Feb 16, 2020 :
    You gave a really good reason and I love that, definitely beta will remain beta and there are bound to be some breaks, yeah and that doesn't make a beta not usable.

As you said earlier, there could be a reason it was disabled and for the one-handed mode, they should have called it a different name and not one-handed mode as that's the way it's being implemented

sonofagun likes this.
  13. gg1+
    Eclair Feb 16, 2020

gg1+ , via OnePlus 7 , Feb 16, 2020 :
    Add Google feed to the launcher and also provide an option to select between Shelf or Google feed with left swipe from home screen.

14. gabe.bars
    Donut Feb 16, 2020

gabe.bars , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Feb 16, 2020 :
    I'm having serious touch problems after upgrading from beta 8 to beta 9. I can't ppproperly digit without the keyboard (SwiftKey) doesn't registering a lot of touches or registering it several times. Had a ghost touch/phantom tap problem earlier too. Had to turn the screen off and on again. Going to wipe to see if it helps, but so far it's terrible.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020

15. DMaarten
    Gingerbread Feb 16, 2020

16. Rakan_Issa
    Cupcake Feb 16, 2020

17. Jay2020
    Gingerbread Feb 16, 2020

Attached Files:

18. gabe.bars
    Donut Feb 16, 2020

gabe.bars , Feb 16, 2020 :
    The problem isn't SwiftKey... I can barely log in into my phone anymore. The touch is completely unresponsive and I can't find a damn guide how to get back to Official Stable. My recovery doesn't have the option to install from internal memory. It doesn't have any option to install rom from anywhere... just wipe cache or the entire phone, reboot to bootloader or to recovery again. I'm trying hard here how to bypass this problem right now, but can't find a way.

19. Jay2020
    Gingerbread Feb 16, 2020

Attached Files:

20. gabe.bars
    Donut Feb 17, 2020

gabe.bars , Feb 17, 2020 :
    I already full wiped the phone, no SwiftKey anymore. The ghost touches continue. I'm afraid I'm one of those unfortunate bastards that got one of those crap OP7Pro with ghost touches issue. My last hope is that, for some bizarre reason, the Beta 9 rom is the culprit, but I don't see anyone complaining about it here, just me, so I guess I'm out of luck. :(
    Anyway I'm trying to revert it back to stable to see if, hopefully, it gets back to normal.
    Thanks for your input anyway. :)

L1558132372146 likes this.