OxygenOS Open Beta 9 (N) for OnePlus 3

1. G_Rishi_Nair_opwl
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2016

G_Rishi_Nair_opwl , Dec 15, 2016 :
    Hi all,

I had the same problem as other users as my device was encrypted and I flashed modified TWRP in attempt to root. I could not decrypt data, so I was forced to live with the dm-verity errors and inability to flash. Today, I tried to flash OB9 using stock recovery, but the password could not decrypt data as well. When I booted back into system, a notification popped up with an OTA to OB9. I downloaded and installed it, since I was on stock recovery, and even though data was still encrypted, I was able to take the OTA update successfully. When the update finished and I rebooted, I noticed that the dm-verity message during boot was gone. I rebooted into recovery and put in my password for decrypting data, and it worked!
    Rishi

Letalis likes this.
  2. snarfarlarkus
    Eclair Dec 15, 2016

snarfarlarkus , Dec 15, 2016 :
    Hey guys just flashed this.

After flashing I rebooted to recovery and it asked for a password? I don't know it and click cancel and TWRP opens like usual but nothing works. Says it cannot mount to storage or something like that. My phone is encrypted and I think its something related to that but don't know what to do? Please help? Thanks!!!

3. Supovitz
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2016

Supovitz , Dec 15, 2016 :
    Dialer hasn't worked since Open Beta 8. Contacts app back in 9...

what's the dealio?

4. rubenalamina
    Froyo Dec 15, 2016

rubenalamina , Dec 15, 2016 :
    Having used CyanogenMod nightlies for the past two years on my OPO I forgot that it may be needed in this Open Bet OTAs to flash the full zip in TWRP instead of the OTA. I'm now in a bootloop in TWRP. I can't reboot to system. Is there anything I can do while I download the full Beta 9 zip file?

5. Khadkapranav
    Eclair Dec 15, 2016

Khadkapranav , Dec 15, 2016 :
    I have the same issue, all you can do now is reboot your system, back up all you necessary files,photos,etc.
    Then reboot to recovery and click wipe.
    Mind you you'll lose everything, your phone will have 52 out of 52 GB free. Send the ROM file into you phone through your PC, reflash the ROM.

6. G_Jose_Madrid_dnNS
    Donut Dec 15, 2016

7. Khadkapranav
    Eclair Dec 15, 2016

you have to wipe data from recovery. But you'll lose literally everything. Reflash the ROM from recovery after. but first of all reboot to system n back up every thing

8. Khadkapranav
    Eclair Dec 15, 2016

what password?
    did your phone Password work on twrp

9. rajeevxperia
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2016

rajeevxperia , Dec 15, 2016 :
    Rooted ? There is no problems like urs in OB 8 or 9. U have done something wrong

10. G_Anubhav_Dhadhor_FESK
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2016

11. Ashik Poolat
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2016

12. gemini_kj
    Donut Dec 15, 2016

13. akks
    KitKat Dec 15, 2016

akks , Dec 15, 2016 :
    Ok, thank you :)

14. G_Ami_Rude_vJJv
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2016

15. rubenalamina
    Froyo Dec 15, 2016

rubenalamina , Dec 15, 2016 :
    I made the mistake (well, I just forgot since I've been using CM with TWRP for years) to download the OTA and proceed with the update so it restarted. My phone rebooted into TWRP but now it's in a bootloop and can't reboot into system. I'm on TWRP .28 and already flash the full Beta 9 zip file. It succeeds but the same happens. I choose reboot System, but just reboots into TWRP again.

My storage can be decrypted in TWRP by using my PIN so I'm making a manual backup. I've also re-flashed the .28 TWRP image file but I can't get the phone to reboot into system.

Is there anything else I can do to avoid wiping everything and flashing the full rom again?

16. dlhstick
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2016

17. G_Subham_Gupta_XfPj
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2016

18. pokarsushant
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2016

19. mtbgus
    Honeycomb Dec 15, 2016

mtbgus , Dec 15, 2016 :
    Working fine for me on mobile data and wifi.

Sahilkum likes this.
  20. Supovitz
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2016

Supovitz , Dec 15, 2016 :
    Everything has been completely wiped before flashing. data and all. even internal storage...