OxygenOS Open Beta 9 (N) for OnePlus 3

1. iuliandragomir
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2016

iuliandragomir , Dec 15, 2016 :
    Hello everyone, after updating to open beta 9, I stopped receiving notifications on my android wear watch (LG Watch Urbane). I had an option to update from open beta 7, after installing I have cleared and erased everything to get the f2fs, reinstalled all my apps, have tried with both aggressive doze on and off (with on, I set android wear not optimized), I also have led notifications and on the lock screen for android wear checked, along with permissions for everything, sms, phone, contacts, etc), yet the watch does not receive any notification.
    Anyone else facing the same issues? Thank you.

2. MauroGimenez
    Donut Dec 15, 2016

MauroGimenez , Dec 15, 2016 :
    The same happened to me, here's how I got around it

After that happened I downloaded the full rom zip from the first post and installed it trough TWRP wiping cache and dalvik

Then it still booted into TWRP so I flashed the stock recovery thought fastboot

It booted to the stock recovery and showed "Android is updating..." followed by something like "An error occurred during the update process"

After that the phone rebooted into the Beta 9 OS with the "Updated successfully" notification

I'm keeping the stock recovery since I don't really need TWRP and with it the OTA updates can be installed automatically, you could flash TWRP again after this

I'm pretty sure this isn't the best way to get rid of that problem but it worked perfect for me

Hope this helps, cheers!

3. jlew7715
    Donut Dec 15, 2016

jlew7715 , Dec 15, 2016 :
    Only bug I'm having is the cat Easter egg for Nougat I only keep catching the same cat! Other then that great release so far for me. ;)

4. mud4ss4r
    Honeycomb Dec 15, 2016

mud4ss4r , Dec 15, 2016 :
    Did every thing. But nothing worked . So had to factory reset to get it working again. !!!

5. brianjking
    Donut Dec 15, 2016

brianjking , Dec 15, 2016 :
    Thanks, really hope the dialer issue gets fixed with the flashing status bar if switching active apps or to home screen when on a call. The hotspot not working properly is also a fairly big nuisance.

6. mmgherasim
    Froyo Dec 15, 2016

mmgherasim , Dec 15, 2016 :
    Would it make any visible difference if cache partition would get f2fs too ? I noticed only /data gets f2fs after wiping both of them, so I guess it won't make any difference.

7. rohancyberdude
    Eclair Dec 15, 2016

rohancyberdude , Dec 15, 2016 :
    calculator rotation bug still not fixed, even when screen rotation is turned off it automatically changes to landscape mode. please fix this.

8. rohancyberdude
    Eclair Dec 15, 2016

9. Alpha Mike Foxtrot
    KitKat Dec 15, 2016

Alpha Mike Foxtrot , Dec 15, 2016 :
    It did. Also, let me know if you find how to change the launcher. I can't seem to find that in the settings anywhere.
    In case of Nova Launcher, the option is available in Nova's settings , so that helped.
    But wasn't the option readily available for 3.2.x?

10. Alpha Mike Foxtrot
    KitKat Dec 15, 2016

Alpha Mike Foxtrot , Dec 15, 2016 :
    If you have't got it previously, then a factory reset would be required.

11. Alpha Mike Foxtrot
    KitKat Dec 15, 2016

Dusten_Barker likes this.
  12. saadakram
    Eclair Dec 15, 2016

saadakram , Dec 15, 2016 :
    Hello everyone,

@Tony L.

i have been using Open Beta 8 for a few days and now Open Beta 9, i have noticed the WiFi status bar icon has got arrows for data incoming & outgoing below the icon. is there any chance that it gets removed in the final build ? because it is bothering me every second. It should remain simple like Stock Android.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016

13. Retchey
    Gingerbread Dec 15, 2016

Retchey , Dec 15, 2016 :
    Seriously having a blonde moment, need to change my lockscreen message, and I can't find the setting anymore, someone please... Thanks

14. Maazperwez
    Honeycomb Dec 15, 2016

15. tanmay Desai
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2016

16. anandbibek
    Gingerbread Dec 15, 2016

anandbibek , Dec 15, 2016 :
    Security settings - pattere/pin - press cogwheel in right side

Retchey likes this.
  17. ssaikiran92
    Honeycomb Dec 15, 2016

ssaikiran92 , Dec 15, 2016 :
    No, speeds are good even on mobile data for play store update. on Vodafone 4G.

18. M3ntoR
    Gingerbread Dec 15, 2016

M3ntoR , Dec 15, 2016 :
    Ok guys so to inform and guide once for all ;)

I was one modded Open_Beta 9 then one from this thread:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-3/how-to/guide-how-to-flash-3-5-4-cb-breaking-t3482572

Steps that I've made to install beta 8 without any problems:

1.Boot into TWRP (turn off phone and boot with Power + Volume Up
    2. Full Nandroid Backup
    3. Wipe Cache/dalvik, Cache
    4. Flash Full ZIP from oneplus site: http://downloads.oneplus.net/oneplus-3/oneplus_3_oxygenos_openbeta_9/
    5. Wipe cache/dalvik
    6. Flash modded TWRP 3.0.2-1.28 from TWRP Flash img option (to avoid TWRP being overwritten by stock recovery)
    7. Reboot into TWRP (from twrp reboot settings)
    8. Flash SuperSU 2.78-SR5
    9. Reboot system

After this reboot is going to perform twice (normal when flashing SuperSU)
    Now I'm on Open beta 9 and everything is working like a charm :)

Good luck!

Nirvanaaaah, R_ade_K and tsiftsism like this.
  19. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Dec 15, 2016

ghostofcain , Dec 15, 2016 :
    Its in settings status bar, please read.

otto2 likes this.
  20. Retchey
    Gingerbread Dec 15, 2016

Retchey , Dec 15, 2016 :
    Thanks...