OxygenOS OTA Updates (Improvements and Bug Fixes)

1. londonappdev
    Gingerbread Jun 8, 2015

londonappdev , Jun 8, 2015 :
    Hey Guys,

I'm still using CyanogenMod 12. Starting to get some touch screen issues so I am considering installing OxygenOS instead.

How fast have OnePlus been pushing bug fixes and updates for OxygenOS? Have they been coming OTA? How many OTA updates have been pushed since they released it (appox.)?

Apologies if this has been covered but I cannot find much info on the blog or on the forums.

singhpra likes this.
  2. Matej94
    Froyo Jun 8, 2015

Matej94 , Jun 8, 2015 :
    I haven't seen any OTA updates yet. Except the new build of Oxygen OS that has the updated touch screen drivers

Takendown likes this.
  3. Busjen
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 8, 2015

4. Takendown
    Jelly Bean Jun 8, 2015

Takendown , Jun 8, 2015 :
    Currently, and truthfully, we've yet to see an OTA update. Currently, OxygenOS is running really smooth which reduces the need for one. I've trust in the Paranoid Android team that they're going to deliver a bug-free and stable OxygenOS update pretty soon, nearing the OnePlus Two release.

I urge you to install OxygenOS, however. Best ROM I've used (and I've used loads).

nicorosto, PRK.R and CM12BACON like this.
  5. Sinful_Saint
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 8, 2015

Sinful_Saint , Jun 8, 2015 :
    AFAIK , no OTAs yet for oxygen OS.
    There are a 2 or maybe 3 manual updates for ghost touch fix and some others , but not sure of the number.
    And yes, this has been discussed in the forums...a lot!!:D
    Cheers!!!

6. SparkkIt
    Honeycomb Jun 8, 2015

SparkkIt , Jun 8, 2015 :
    I've been using OxOS since its release, and haven't gotten a single OTA update. However, I'm also not experiencing the common issues (touchscreen/battery drain).

One of the most stable Android L ROMs I've used, highly recommend it

Takendown likes this.
  7. tshelef
    Cupcake Jun 8, 2015

tshelef , Jun 8, 2015 :
    Hey, hopefully you worked your issue out. I need someone to help me..
    when I try to unlock my phone and enter my word-password, the google voice comes up as the keyboard. So pretty much I have 0.0000 access to any of my phone. How do I fix this? I have so many important numbers that I got the past week as clients from work and I cannot afford losing them...

8. tomsliwowski
    Gingerbread Jun 8, 2015

tomsliwowski , Jun 8, 2015 :
    Until last week, CyanogenOS had more OTAs (the initial L update and then 1 OTA). OOS has had a sort of update with the touchscreen driver last week.

Right now both OPO and Cyanogen are doing a very poor job supporting the phone.

Djnas likes this.
  9. londonappdev
    Gingerbread Jun 8, 2015

10. Data1417
    Honeycomb Jun 8, 2015

Data1417 , Jun 8, 2015 :
    Im still on Cyanogen 11, heard about way too many problems for 12 a while back, and still wondering if I should upgrade as my phone does not stop pestering me to upgrade. Oxygen also seems like an option and would be my first flashed ROM.

martikung likes this.
  11. fabiosol
    Cupcake Jun 8, 2015

fabiosol , Jun 8, 2015 :
    At the moment I don't need any update because the Rom is very stable, smooth and great battery duration after 27th may release, specially if you don't reboot the Opo. In this way keep awake issues don't cause battery drain.

ramassrs likes this.
  12. giampi2602
    Donut Jun 9, 2015

13. ramassrs
    Eclair Jun 13, 2015

ramassrs , Jun 13, 2015 :
    One Plus (OP) has announced that they will roll out an update to Oxygen(O2) OS for the One Plus One (OPO) post launch of One Plus Two. Hoping that this date is near by. Except for battery drain issues, O2 OS is stable and I have no reasons to complain - touch wood !! Have been using my OPO since with O2 OS installed since mid-April.

I agree, as someone mentioned in the forum, even if the updates are infrequent, so far as OP is able to deliver bug-free releases,it is great.