OxygenOS Q&A with Helen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helen
    Honeycomb Nov 11, 2015

Helen , Nov 11, 2015 :
    Hi Everyone,

Yours truly here. It's been a while since I've done a Q&A on the forums so I think it's high time to open up a thread for a nice chat.

The team as you know has been very busy maintaining a consistent stream of updates for OP2 and most recently, launching the OPX. We just rolled out the 2.1.2 update on OPX and another significant update for OP2 will follow in a few days.

We are going to keep this Q&A thread open until tomorrow and I'll try to answer as many questions as I can in the meantime (barring time I need to sleep and eat).

Just to get started, I want to address a few common questions I've seen lately.

Where is the update for OnePlus One?
    We released OxygenOS as a community build on OPO during the early stages of OxygenOS development for people to try out. It was never intended to be an officially supported operating system and OPO is, and will remain, a Cyanogen Inc supported device. However, we also understand that there's a lot of enthusiasm and curiosity for OxygenOS amongst our OPO users which is why we've continuously worked on back porting OxygenOS even though it is taking some time. OP2 and OPX are currently the only devices that officially ship with OxygenOS and they are what the team prioritizes for in terms of support.

Where is the update for OnePlus 2?
    The last update was less than a month ago. We have another one coming out very very soon with some big improvements. It's in testing now so give us a few more days.

Why don't you respond to forum questions after you post a thread?
    We actually have an entire team of testers who follow each OTA thread for 2 weeks after initial posting to collect your feedback and concerns about the update. The reason why we don't always engage is because we prefer to respond in action and spend our time focusing on resolving issues as quickly as possible. We also have a very charming and knowledgable community team that can help answer your questions on a more frequent basis. But be assured that we hear your feedback loud and clear and we hope to show you our honest appreciation by improving your experience one bug fix at a time.

***************************** UPDATE *******************************

This Q&A is now closed. Thank you so much for participating! At least on our end it has been very informative. We'll make sure your feedback turn into tangible improvements in the product.

Never settle.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015

2. AbeHaverkamp
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 11, 2015

3. Gaurav Rohilla
    Lollipop Nov 11, 2015

Gaurav Rohilla , Nov 11, 2015 :
    when will marshmallow come to oneplus 2? :D:D:D

PS. Happy diwali to all oneplus staff members :)

long live oneplus

EDIT:
    @Helen replied to my post = my life is successful

images (4).jpg

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015

4. AbeHaverkamp

5. Chetzjain
    Gingerbread Nov 11, 2015

6. SimonFullerImagery
    Jelly Bean Nov 11, 2015

7. Helen
    Honeycomb Nov 11, 2015

Helen , Nov 11, 2015 :
    We are working on it. Hopefully early next year but I don't have a concrete date yet.

Willy80, Vinkel, ali.awan and 102 others like this.
  8. PLPeeters
    KitKat Nov 11, 2015

9. Gaurav Rohilla
    Lollipop Nov 11, 2015

Gaurav Rohilla , Nov 11, 2015 :
    The Great Gatsby.jpg

10. pampurio97
    Gingerbread Nov 11, 2015

pampurio97 , Nov 11, 2015 :
    Why don't you at least acknowledge the issues with the home button for example (if it's a software issue)? Or the fact that when you press home there's a delay before the home is shown?

11. RossThompson96
    Honeycomb Nov 11, 2015

bonghollywood and yetiweston like this.
  12. sneakerspark
    Gingerbread Nov 11, 2015

hitzilla, aenews and npt like this.
  13. JuanpaGG94
    Gingerbread Nov 11, 2015

JuanpaGG94 , Nov 11, 2015 :
    Will marshmallow be out on the X as soon as OP2??

And another question: Why the X doesn't have any audio equalizer like MaxxAudio AudioTuner app on OP2 and OPO?

I bought OnePlus X thinking it coud be a great audio and i'm surprised that he comes without any Audio Tuner app... :(

pughaz, JorgeDiesel and gautamhans1 like this.
  14. RossThompson96
    Honeycomb Nov 11, 2015

RossThompson96 , Nov 11, 2015 :
    I don't think that's to do with OP you'll have to ask them

15. royz0r
    Jelly Bean Nov 11, 2015

royz0r , Nov 11, 2015 :
    yes there will be a Marshmallow COS13 OTA

funmunke, OALEXANDER, npt and 3 others like this.
  16. rjwalsh10
    Honeycomb Nov 11, 2015

Balkers likes this.
  17. yetiweston

yetiweston , Nov 11, 2015 :
    Hi @Helen I wondered how you go about testing each version of Oxygen, things like the SD card issues on the oneplus X should be something that is easily picked up on testing. Not having a go as I know things can be missed but as I have a some background in device/software testing (UAT) but there seems to be a few things that I'd expect to have been picked up early on in testing that should be spotted and fixed before the OTA.

I'd be more than happy to come and work for you and improve the testing environment :p

18. jpswer
    Jelly Bean Nov 11, 2015

jpswer , Nov 11, 2015 :
    Thanks Helen that answers most of my comments.

How about battery life. Is this a key focus for the OxygenOS 2 or should we wait for Android M (OxygenOS 3?) where there should be some significant optimisation

AkshayMurali1209 and gautamhans1 like this.
  19. Helen
    Honeycomb Nov 11, 2015

Helen , Nov 11, 2015 :
    We've optimized the software to make the home action more performant ever since launch. If you are still experiencing a significant lag, I would contact CS and see if they can take a look at the hardware. Sometimes there can be *very* slight variations from hardware to hardware even though we do maintain the highest bar for hw quality.

20. burnout123

burnout123 , Nov 11, 2015 :
    Thanks for the update @Helen , I hope the whole negative buzz settles now :)

It would be nice if you posted something like this about 2 times a month?