OxygenOS Q&A with Helen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratification
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 11, 2015

ratification , Nov 11, 2015 :
    Are you guys gonna release test/beta marshmallow earlier for some?

2. abvage
    Eclair Nov 11, 2015

abvage , Nov 11, 2015 :
    @Helen I know u will.. For sure, we know that u need some time as well. I'll wait :)
    I wanted to mention that slow motion is good.. I want some important points in ur further updates.
    1 improve slow motion video
    2 settings for slow motion video
    3 settings for time-lapse as well, like ill set it up and keep my phone it should do its work ITSELF.

3. Helen
    Honeycomb Nov 11, 2015

Helen , Nov 11, 2015 :
    Working on it. Logistically it's harder than it would seem.

4. julio.panchame

julio.panchame , Nov 11, 2015 :
    Nice first Answer about the M :D

Mr. BG likes this.
  5. Moin2200
    KitKat Nov 11, 2015

Moin2200 , Nov 11, 2015 :
    Have you any plans of releasing aosp version of lollipop/marshmallow? For oneplus x and oneplus two like you did with oneplus one?

6. WorD.0

WorD.0 , Nov 11, 2015 :
    Hi Helen,

A few of my questions I hope can be answered:

1. Is the Dev team planning to make a default Music, Video, Gallery app with refined features than using default google apps?
    2. Will the volume panel be expandable in the future? It'll be pretty neat to adjust all the volumes at a single go during different situations.
    3. There is room for improvement in areas like: Camera, Overall performance, Audio Bugs, Fingerprint accuracy. Which are the areas you're going to focus on for the next updates?
    4. Do you have time line planned for OxygenOS?

stab72 and Spliffman like this.
  7. RonaldM

RonaldM , Nov 11, 2015 :
    Great to see a new Q&A, thank you Helen. I would like to get some more info on the OxygenOS 2.0 for the Oneplus One. You just stated clearly:"OPO is, and will remain, a Cyanogen Inc supported device". I have my OPO on OxygenOS 1.03 at this time and I hope you can help me decide. Because I feel like I'm stuck in limbo here...

Shall I wait for OxygenOS 2.0 and can I then rely on continuous support and updates after it has launched just like the OP2 and OPX? Or shall I go back to CyanogenMod, seeing regular OTA updates for the Oneplus One still being rolled out.

Klaeje and sunnyshaan like this.
  8. Helen
    Honeycomb Nov 11, 2015

Helen , Nov 11, 2015 :
    Thanks for the vote of confidence and thanks for the feedback. I'll pass it on.

9. Ocole
    Gingerbread Nov 11, 2015

Ocole , Nov 11, 2015 :
    OH I have another question:

Phones with similar specs (Nexus 6P for example) have 240 FPS Slow motion- Is there any chance this can be implemented in a future software update? I slow-mo a lot so would be amazing!

10. Helen
    Honeycomb Nov 11, 2015

Helen , Nov 11, 2015 :
    May I ask what car model you drive? I'm assuming your handsfree works through bluetooth? We are aware of 3 and it's a complicated issue in certain cases involving carrier and operators so we're still trying to cover all the scenarios where this can happen. Can you tell me which network you're seeing this issue with.

11. Leehm
    Honeycomb Nov 11, 2015

Leehm , Nov 11, 2015 :
    Well,the OTA coming soon for OP2 sounds great.But can you give us about the news of the improvement?Just curios and excited with that.

12. yetiweston

yetiweston , Nov 11, 2015 :
    If you do I'd love to be a beta tester :)

otto2 likes this.
  13. Winston Pinto
    Eclair Nov 11, 2015

Winston Pinto , Nov 11, 2015 :
    U are clearly ignoring oneplus one users in this thread @Helen.u should realise that we are the ones who trusted your new company and purchased one.now I am starting to regret my decision....

14. famusc
    Donut Nov 11, 2015

famusc , Nov 11, 2015 :
    And I hope there's room for picture quality improvements, especialy on HDR colors, autofocus performances and picture qualit in general (ther's often a watercolor effect which is not good at all).

15. Helen
    Honeycomb Nov 11, 2015

Helen , Nov 11, 2015 :
    Yes. Within the next 1-2 weeks.

islamtaalab, mussa786, aenews and 9 others like this.
  16. Szymon
    Donut Nov 11, 2015

Szymon , Nov 11, 2015 :
    One more question Helen: comparing to, for example, Nexus 6P, OP2 have almost identical specs in terms of performance (even more RAM), but it's not quite as fluent as Nexus 6P. Have you got any plans of pushing this hardware to the limits and working on performance and fluency?

17. yetiweston

yetiweston , Nov 11, 2015 :
    She has already stated in the original post about the OPO so not sure where you are going with this?

Chefkocher, skyrocket, otto2 and 2 others like this.
  18. Winston Pinto
    Eclair Nov 11, 2015

Klaeje likes this.
  19. Helen
    Honeycomb Nov 11, 2015

Helen , Nov 11, 2015 :
    I want to clarify a few things with SD card. First of all, it works but I think there are a few UX bugs that makes it very confusing for a user to know that. There is a bug with storing apps on your SD card, an issue which will be fixed with the next OTA. Other than that, we're looking to expand the list of file systems we support so that you can get a more seamless experience but this will take a few iterations.

20. Thambusamy
    Froyo Nov 11, 2015

Thambusamy , Nov 11, 2015 :
    hi @Helen! Thanks a ton for opening this thread and answering these quires! I was pretty bummed you guys didnt do this yet!
    As far as the home button goes, i feel its software too as my OPT vibrates as soon as i touch the home button, but the home screen only apprears after a second or two. So if you can kindly sort that out!