OxygenOS tips for the OnePlus 7 Pro

1. Schafer US Brand Ambassador Jul 26, 2019

Schafer, Jul 26, 2019 :
    Oxygen OS TIPS.png

Hey everyone! We are Schafer (@Schafer) and Abhishek (@AbhishekS287); two Community Brand Ambassadors. Today we are going to talk about OxygenOS Tips to either teach you all knew things about your device or make your overall experience with your OnePlus 7 Pro better.

Developer Mode
    The first of many great features is Developer Mode. Although it might be common knowledge for most, there are a few things you can tweak to make your OnePlus 7 Pro feel even smoother and faster. To turn on Developer Mode, open Settings, click “About phone”, then find “Build number”, and tap repeatedly until it says “You are now a developer.” You’ll then need to go back into the main Settings menu, click on “System”, “Developer options”, scroll down to where you see (Window animation scale/Transition animation scale/Animation duration scale) under “Drawing.” Finally, change all three to values to less than 1x reduce the animations speed to make the phone appear more smooth and fast. The sweet spot according to us is “.5x”, so definitely give it a try if you are not sure of what value to choose.

Do Not Disturb
    The Do Not Disturb feature may be thought of as some basic thing all phones have but you can tailor it to be really beneficial. You can make it to where a set of selected people can call so that you don’t miss out on important notifications. You can also set a start and end time so that you don’t have to turn it on and off manually each time. You are also able to customize the way you get your notifications, that is, allowing notification to wake up the screen, making the notification pop-up at the top, and more. To do all of this, go to Settings -> Sound & vibration -> Do Not Disturb.

Multiple Users
    For any of you that have younger siblings or relatives, you know how much quieter they get when they play a game on your phone. Creating another user allows for an environment better catered to that individual. They won’t be able to view anything personal you may have or play any games they are not allowed to play. Or if you don’t find yourself in a situation like that, you may have a friend/family member that is in dire need of a phone because they broke theirs. I was in a situation like that and I didn’t want to wipe my phone completely, so I let them create a guest user on my phone so that they could send in their phone to be repaired. To add a user, go to the Settings menu, “System”, “Multiple users” and then “+ Add user.” You will then need to follow the steps to complete

Parallel Apps
    Parallel Apps is another cool feature offered by OxygenOS. Imagine a scenario where you need to have multiple accounts of Facebook, WhatsApp, Snapchat, or any similar app running on your phone at the same time. Most social and utility apps do not allow users to use two accounts in the same device. However, OxygenOS helps solve that problem with Parallel Apps. It creates a new virtual space exclusive for the ‘parallelized’ app, completely independent of the original copy. How cool is that! To achieve this and to see a list of supported apps, go to Settings -> Utilities -> Parallel Apps.

Status Bar Customizations
    Do you sometimes get annoyed with certain status bar icons and wish you could get rid of them? OxygenOS provides an amazingly customizable status bar where users have the power to control the icons they want to be displayed. For instance, assume your phone always has a VoLTE connection and the VoLTE status bar icon is not informative to you anymore. You can simply get rid of it so that you can extra space for other icons that are more meaningful for your style of use. To manage the status bar icons, simply go to Settings -> Display -> Status Bar -> Icon Manager. Additionally, you can also enable battery percentage to have an accurate view of the juice left in your device (Settings -> Display -> Status Bar -> Show battery percentage).

Color Customizations
    Everyone has a favorite color, and how cool it is to have your phone show the accent color of your preference. OxygenOS provides the flexibility of choosing any color as the system-wide accent color. To do this, simply go to Settings -> Display -> Accent Color. You can choose any color of your choice, but OnePlus also provides a set of predefined colors that you might want to try out. Our favorites are blue and red.

There are many more customizations that OxygenOS offers and the list can go on forever. However, these are some cool tips we believe should help a lot of people in the community. If you know of other cool tips and would like to share or discuss them then please let us know in this thread below.

Thanks!

#NeverSettle

2. Loopstein Cupcake Jul 26, 2019

Loopstein, Jul 26, 2019 :
    Anyway you can add apps exceptions when in do not disturb is on? In my case I don't want apps notifications but for one, my Nest app for alarms...

3. Okin107 Donut Jul 26, 2019

4. JelleZon KitKat Jul 26, 2019

5. the_reckoner Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 26, 2019

the_reckoner, Jul 26, 2019 :
    These are points every YouTube has been talking about for years. Was hoping for something more obscure

6. TGardner Gingerbread Jul 26, 2019

TGardner, Jul 26, 2019 :
    like what? There is already 3 options.

7. TGardner Gingerbread Jul 26, 2019

TGardner, Jul 26, 2019 :
    Until they do, you can go through your apps that commonly send you notifications and turn them off, except for the one app you want.

8. TGardner Gingerbread Jul 26, 2019

TGardner, Jul 26, 2019 :
    This is for completely naive people that either didn't know or didn't care, until now.

9. Loopstein Cupcake Jul 26, 2019

Loopstein, Jul 26, 2019 :
    and do that everyday when I go to sleep and wake up. does not seem to me like a good option.

10. N1561795113033 Cupcake Jul 26, 2019

N1561795113033, Jul 26, 2019 :
    Thanks, I knew most of these but not the animation speed! It really makes a difference, althought if you want to silence all but a couple apps just use the silent mode and check your phone every once in a while. If the few apps are so important just check on them periodically.

TGardner, PARIM777 and Schafer like this.
  11. TGardner Gingerbread Jul 26, 2019

TGardner, Jul 26, 2019 :
    I know but thought it worth saying. Take care

Loopstein, Schafer and PARIM777 like this.
  12. R1562409858164 Eclair Jul 26, 2019

13. TGardner Gingerbread Jul 26, 2019

TGardner, Jul 26, 2019 :
    Forgotten?
    This is a 7 pro thread.
    There are op 7 threads.
    The 7 pro is OnePlus' flagship send it's obviously going to get a little attention but the 7 isn't a forgotten device. It's just not the main device.

nateavi, msurahman, Hitman424 and 5 others like this.
  14. Okin107 Donut Jul 26, 2019

Okin107, Jul 26, 2019 :
    There was an option in older Android to have the battery percentage inside the battery icon instead of the separate text it is now. It's just less clutter in the status bar.

15. chalkula Eclair Jul 26, 2019

chalkula, Jul 26, 2019 :
    Thanks for these tips. Changed all 3 to 0.5x to give it a try. I like this thread.

TGardner, AbhishekS287 and Schafer like this.
  16. Schafer US Brand Ambassador Jul 26, 2019

Schafer, Jul 26, 2019 :
    Glad you like it! I too have all 3 to 0.5x animation speed and it feels so much faster!

TGardner and chalkula like this.
  17. AbhishekS287 US Brand Ambassador Jul 26, 2019

AbhishekS287, Jul 26, 2019 :
    Can you please elaborate on what do you mean by embedded battery?

L1550648184441 likes this.
  18. Okin107 Donut Jul 26, 2019

Okin107, Jul 26, 2019 :
    There was an option in older Android to have the battery percentage inside the battery icon instead of the separate text it is now. It's just less clutter in the status bar.

tomy7930 and TGardner like this.
  19. Pritam871 Froyo Jul 26, 2019

Pritam871, Jul 26, 2019 :
    Thanks mate for such a helpful post, i am sure it will help lots of people.Cheers.

Schafer likes this.
  20. AbhishekS287 US Brand Ambassador Jul 26, 2019

AbhishekS287, Jul 26, 2019 :
    Oh! Now I understand what you are saying. Those options were never available to Android natively, but a few custom ROM developers (Lineage, Paranoid Android, etc.) had these features baked into their builds.

If you want something similar to it, you can hide the battery indicator and just have the percentage displayed. I believe this would be a good set up too as you will always have the precise battery level visible in your status bar. To do this, do the following:

1. Settings -> Display -> Status Bar -> Battery Style -> Show battery percentage -> Enable toggle
    2. Now select Battery Style and choose "Battery hidden"

Glad you liked it, Pritam.

nateavi, PARIM777, TGardner and 2 others like this.