Pairing issues Abarth UConnect/Radio

1. Mitezp
    Donut Oct 31, 2020

Mitezp , Oct 31, 2020 :
    Hi,

I have tried to pair OnePlus 8T to UConnect System via Bluetooth (installed UConnect Live app first).
    During the sync I verified the PIN code, accepted Sharing of Phonebook and messages.
    Before syncing mobile to system, I cleared personal data off UConnect and turning off and on radio.
    After a couple of minutes the radio (uconnect system) turns off, couple seconds later back on and then is ask "Do you want to pair phone".

If I use my old phone OnePlus 3T it syncs perfectly with no issues.

31/10/20
    Today contacted OnePlus Support they suggested two options:
    1. I clear the Bluetooth Cache from Settings -> Apps and Notifications -> Show System, search for "Bluetooth" and select the first Bluetooth App.
    2. Reset Wi-Fi, Mobile, Bluetooth. Turn the device off Hold Power and Volume UP and Wipe cache.
    Before syncing mobile to radio, I cleared personal data off UConnect and turning off and on radio. Deleted the previous pair from phone.

Re-paired the 8T with the radio, looked a bit more promising. Couple of minutes later went for a drive, the radio kept on turning off and on a couple of times around 11:26. Logs attached.

What is the “OnePlusPods” and “OnePlusPodsBluetooth”? This is occurring every time the radio switches off...

UConnect Live App launches fine one 8T, been in contact with Abarth, they are reporting no issues with App.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. N1604888416297
    Cupcake Nov 9, 2020

Naturaljoker and Robin_Einstein like this.
  3. TheNeighbor
    Cupcake Nov 12, 2020

TheNeighbor , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Nov 12, 2020 :
    I have a 2015 Jeep Renegade with Uconnect 5.0. My radio started doing the same thing, turning off and on, when I updated to Oxygen 11. When I unpaired my phone the problem went away. I hope OnePlus finds a solution to this.

Naturaljoker and Robin_Einstein like this.
  4. Mitezp
    Donut Nov 12, 2020

Mitezp , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 12, 2020 :
    Hello,

Conversation with Fiat in Milan Tech Support they advised to take the vehicle to local dealership investigate the UConnect Live system.

Fiat/Abarth Dealership advised that not all phones are supported!

Took vehicle to Fiat/Abarth dealership they advised me there was an updates for the Uconnect system, the new version of UConnect V8.10.2 OnePlus 8T works great!

I later contacted Fiat, explaining I normally receive the updates when tethering phone to the vehicle.

Actually what is happening, if you do a Factory App Restore, re-tether your phone, it downloads the old UConnect update V8.6.*.
    Fiat said they will pass this onto UConnect.

Hope this helps.

5. Mitezp
    Donut Nov 12, 2020

See comment in post. It might work for you...

TheNeighbor likes this.
  6. Mitezp
    Donut Nov 12, 2020

See comment above it post. It might work for you...

7. N1604888416297
    Cupcake Nov 27, 2020

N1604888416297 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Nov 27, 2020 :
    So I went to my car dealership. However, for my uconnect version there were no new updates. I've already tried the same steps to fix this; Wiping cache, and even factory resetting it, etc. So far there are no improvements, things were fine on Android 10.
    I wish Oneplus can address this issue as I've been going for about 3 weeks without Bluetooth connectivity in my car.

Naturaljoker likes this.
  8. SVEN1984
    Donut Dec 11, 2020

SVEN1984 , via OnePlus 8T , Dec 11, 2020 :
    I found out you can fix it. Just turn media Audio off in the connected devices preferences menu (uconnect device). Then it Will connect properly. What's not fixable and not possible is to use it as an audio source. Don't know the reason but i'm gonna try a uconnect update soon.

B1614612828189 likes this.
  9. V1607705439181
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2020

V1607705439181 , Dec 15, 2020 :
    Hi. I also have the same problem with my oneplus 8.
    From june 2020 to october 2020 no problem for music and phone while pairing with uconnect on my fiat tipo.
    After installing oxygen OS11, i had many troubles with some bluetooth equipment and in my car, no multumedia conexion and the uconnect crashes after 2 minuts. After last update of oxygen OS, the problem was fixed for my bluetooth device but not with my Car. the only thing i can do while pairing is to unselect multimedia : So you can't listen music in your car but you can phone and receive SMS.
    I think the problem is really due to oneplus oxygen os11 because before i never had any problem with my car. I hope they will fix the problem asap

Naturaljoker likes this.

11. Xpress0
    Gingerbread Dec 15, 2020

Orgio147 and Naturaljoker like this.
  12. SVEN1984
    Donut Dec 17, 2020

Orgio147 likes this.
  13. Naturaljoker
    Donut Dec 27, 2020

14. Naturaljoker
    Donut Jan 13, 2021

H1607563356484 likes this.
  15. Orgio147
    Cupcake Jan 19, 2021

Orgio147 , Jan 19, 2021 :
    Hello to everyone. I've found the solution after weeks of researches.

The main problem appears to be an incompatibility between Uconnect system (Uconnect is the name of the operating system that run your car infotainment/radio) and Android 11 (or only oxygen 11 idk). The only thing that works is UPDATING THE UCONNECT system of the car. How to do that?

Well, if you live in the EU the only way is to go to a local official workshop of you car brand (in my case Alfa Romeo) and tell them to update the uconnect system. My system got updated to the version 13.0.0.74 for free (the .75 is available but I haven't tested it). Consider that the uconnect version number may be different to different cars, so be sure to update to the last or a 2020 release. Now it works.

If you live in North America you can update the uconnect by yourself going to this link and following the procedure https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html

If you are from other places contact the seller of the car.
    I'm here for questions, but this is all I know right now. Thanks to @Mitezp and @SVEN1984 for the initial solution.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021

H1607563356484 and Naturaljoker like this.

17. Naturaljoker
    Donut Jan 28, 2021

Naturaljoker , via OnePlus 8 , Jan 28, 2021 :
    Thanks for the feedback. Is it a uconnect 5 or 8 ?

18. MentalKaos
    Cupcake Jan 29, 2021

MentalKaos , via OnePlus 8T T-Mobile , Jan 29, 2021 :
    I just updated my Uconnect 5.0 system last night. My OnePlus 8T will only work as a phone now. I can't use it as a media hub to play music thru youtube,google play,pandora etc. Spoke to 3 different Uconnect reps and I was finally sent to a site to see if my phone was compatible. No,my phone isn't even an option on the mopar Uconnect website. It doesn't even recognize the usb to phone either.

Naturaljoker likes this.
  19. MentalKaos
    Cupcake Jan 29, 2021

MentalKaos , via OnePlus 8T T-Mobile , Jan 29, 2021 :
    Thank you for this as this was the post I got the link to do the update on my own. It only half works. No media side. Uconnect and os11 do not like each other. I hope OnePlus can find a solution. I'd hate to have to get my old LG out,tether it to my 8ts wifi just to listen to music in my car.

Naturaljoker likes this.
  20. hafu
    Gingerbread Jan 30, 2021