Parallel Apps default for Google Assistant

1. ch.maryniok
    Cupcake May 9, 2018

ch.maryniok , May 9, 2018 :
    Hi, yesterday I tried to send a WhatsApp message using Google assistant while I was driving. (using Android Auto in my Car)
    Due to the fact that I use 2 SIMs and 2 WhatsApp instances Parallel, the Google assistant stops with a choose screen on my Phone to choose which app I want to use. that means I was not able to send a WhatsApp Message while I was driving.

is there a way to define a Default, so the assistant is not asking for this?

2. GopalB.
    Nougat May 9, 2018

GopalB. , May 9, 2018 :
    I don't thing so...

3. G_TV95_MeLm
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 9, 2018

G_TV95_MeLm , May 9, 2018 :
    Maybe you can try renaming the app in the launcher to help the Assistant distinguish between the two separate instances... Like "Whatsapp & whatsapp Parallel".
    Don't know if this'll work, but worth a try.

4. Ma_Fi
    Eclair May 9, 2018

Ma_Fi , May 9, 2018 :
    Best solution is installing WhatsApp for business for the second number. In that case you won't have any problems

5. Eustacio Sealy

Eustacio Sealy , May 9, 2018 :
    The same way that you have 2 Sims in your phone and when attempting to make a call if you have not selected that call are made from either sim 1 or 2 the phone will request that you make a selection but the parallel app you have to make the same selection

ch.maryniok likes this.
  6. ch.maryniok
    Cupcake May 9, 2018

sure, for the calling issue I use a third party App to define which aim should be used.
    (Motorola provides this feature in the Dialer App, I guess it's the Stock Android App)
    But I didn't found something for parallel Apps.

renaming the App was not working like I thought already, because the API don't care about the Launcher name. But thank you for the idea about that.
    I will check out WhatsApp Business and if that can help.....

@OnePlus Dev-Team: Please Think about a solution about that for next Update. [e]1f601[/e]

Eustacio Sealy likes this.
  7. Eustacio Sealy

Eustacio Sealy , May 9, 2018 :
    Sorry for asking this question but why use another app when the phone has this option to make the selection?

8. ch.maryniok
    Cupcake May 9, 2018

because Android Auto still asks in the background and I can't choose one default SIM for calling because one is my private SIM and one is the Business SIM.
    In the Dailer from OnePlus there is no option to define rules per Contact.
    This means:
    in th car I choose to call a number (Using Bluetooth HF or Android Auto) the infotainment system start to call but on the phone that is not in my hand a pop-up appears that I need to choose the SIM for the call.
    so I can't call someone while I am driving.
    Now I have the App that allows me to define rules for Contact, Groups, local Prefixes (don't know the right word at the moment) to skip the SIM selection. something like this is missing in the Parallel App Szenario.

9. Naraic87
    Cupcake May 7, 2021

Naraic87 , May 7, 2021 :
    This worked perfectly for me! Couldn't figure another solution even in 2021 with many updates later.

Thank you sir!

(Using android Auto and Google assistant to reply to WhatsApp messages)