PARALLEL APPS [How to turn ANY app into a Parallel App] via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. sonny.haze
    Gingerbread May 31, 2020

sonny.haze , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 31, 2020 :
    NO ROOT REQUIRED

If you're not familiar with Parallel Apps you should really take the time to check it out. it can be found under settings>utilities>Parallel Apps.

The way it's setup gives you the ability to basically clone an app. However, the apps that are eligible in this menu are quite limited.

But it doesn't have to be. You can turn ANY app into a Parallel App. Because in truth OnePlus as created a hidden account. Number 999.

open adb fastboot window on your computer.
    hook up your phone.
    run this command:

adb install --user 999 (app_name.apk)

note that these apps you install manually will not show up under the parallel apps utility menu. but who really cares.
    they'll be on your screen or in the app drawer.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020

Krteczek and Ajdi like this.
  2. ASCHENTE_V
    KitKat May 31, 2020

Artemus. likes this.
  3. sonny.haze
    Gingerbread Jun 1, 2020

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020

Krteczek likes this.
  4. shiv0757
    Cupcake Jun 5, 2021

shiv0757 , Jun 5, 2021 :
    I tried to install on one plus 9 pro, but its not working, it says "Performing Streamed Install"
    then wait for hours, and nothing happns.
    when i remove "--user" option it installs application for default user in 2-3s.

any suggetion for this problem?

5. Artemus.
    Community Hero 2020 Jun 5, 2021

Artemus. , Jun 5, 2021 :
    I don't think this guide works in Android 11.

Shailender Sharma and shiv0757 like this.
  6. sonny.haze
    Gingerbread Jun 22, 2021

sonny.haze , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 22, 2021 :
    It works fine on Android 11. Its like cloning any app you want. I don't know which phone you're saying it doesn't work on but first you need to go into Parallel just click on one and clone it. That creates the 999 user.
    You can check by hooking it to your computer and go to ADB. Just type:
    adb shell pm list users. If it worked you will see 999: Parallel Apps as a User. said:

Personally I have the OnePlus 7 Pro. I do know it works o OnePlus 9 Pro. It does 8
    Another option is the app Island. It uses the work profile feature. You can install the same app on both profiles. Essentially cloning it.
    PLUS If you set Island up in God Mode you can freeze any app on the phone with Ice box app. It stops functioning of that app completely. Any system app like analytics or bloatware. If you go to the app store it literally doesn't know the app you froze is on the phone. WITHOUT ROOTING.
    I first got the OnePlus 7 Pro from T-Mobile and was so happy to have a phone that's all screen. No camera holes. I don't take selfie everyday. Once i learned you could convert to dual sim. I gave it a try and that was amazing for me. Such a great adaptation or ability that they no longer have with the OnePlus 9 Pro. All I had to do was buy a dual sim tray and the rest just MSMtool.
    When I find a model phone I like I keep if for years. The T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro only had 8GB so I decided to sell it for top of the the line. The unlocked 12GB version. I use both Island and 999 Account and doesn't slow it down at all.
    I compared speed in store and yes it has some nice new features but it's too minimal of difference. You can practically buy 3 OnePlus 7 Pros for the price of the 9 Pro....and have dual sim on any version of 7 Pro.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021

7. sonny.haze
    Gingerbread Jun 22, 2021

sonny.haze , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 22, 2021 :
    What I do sometimes is install the Google Play Store on user 999. Inorder to do it you need the same version that's on your phone. So just download APK Backup, it's free. Open that app and search for Google play store click on it. That put it into a folder called ApK backup. Go to your computer extract the Play store app.and add it to your adb folder on your computer and install it the same way.
    adb install. --user 999 (package name)
    Thats should install and you will have fully functioning play store so you can download anything for user 999. HOWEVER
    The only annoying part is when you want to download an app that you already have on the phone. Bc this new play store will see it's already on the phone and won't let you. BUT a simple fix. You uninstall the app from your main profile. You prob have to refresh the 999 play store for it to recognize it's gone. Once it's available download it on the new play store.. YOUR PRACTICALLY DONE.
    Now just go to your normal user Play Store and download the app you had to uninstall. It will be available. There you go. Now you have the app on both profiles..forever...... Yeah it sucks you had to uninstall but it shouldn't matter much just install & sign into that app again.
    NOTE: whenever you restart your phone for some reason the play store for 999 won't load you have to adb install it again. SO MY ADVICE.
    Just do them all at once any app that you think you might want cloned. LAST THING WORTH NOTING
    If you want access to the folder system for 999 use OnePlus File manager. Click Storage from bottom bar. Then scroll to the very bottom. The Parallel App Storage Folder is ready and waiting....

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021