Paranoid Android 6.0.1 - AOSPA - OnePlus 3

1. OPFanBoyTillEnd
    Honeycomb Aug 2, 2016

OPFanBoyTillEnd , Aug 2, 2016 :
    As you've already been told, Dash is fully supported now :) Not sure if I'll try it soon actually (I'm into the stock camera right now), but I'll let you know if that happens. If Dash is the problem here, I think you're good to go :)

2. jak
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 2, 2016

jak , Aug 2, 2016 :
    The repositories are still on Jun 20, how the hell is this thing being developed? I don't get it. This whole work behind closed doors, and push the source code some time after the binary is not a particularly good idea.

3. quaddropop
    Honeycomb Aug 2, 2016

quaddropop , Aug 2, 2016 :
    Since you guys are the only nerds I trust besides CM and were FASTER on updating your ROM with official Dash charge support, I'm gonna give you a try.

4. jak
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 2, 2016

jak , Aug 2, 2016 :
    Are you confused? CM was way earlier (on the 29th) and has actually published their source code and has an open development process, instead of this obscure and illegal drop binary without code stuff.

5. quaddropop
    Honeycomb Aug 2, 2016

I hope you aren't speaking of the CM nighties, because this is instable, untrustworthy stuff I won't ever paste on my phone.

6. quaddropop
    Honeycomb Aug 2, 2016

Anyway.. I tried around Paranoid a bit (latest version) and feel very disappointed. Nothing special at all. I can't even find the advertised "Battery styles" (there is only ONE, and that one is present on all Android ROMS: Battery > Energy saving mode).
    The only thing that stands out against the stock Oxygen ROM is the theme engine (that is also featured on CM...).
    CM offers MUCH more options/ individualisation, more security options... I don't see ANY advantage or reason to use Paranoid over CM so far.

Any enlightenment is welcome!

7. Magnetic Nerd
    Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2016

8. OPFanBoyTillEnd
    Honeycomb Aug 2, 2016

OPFanBoyTillEnd , Aug 2, 2016 :
    Haven't tried it in OP3, my experience is with OP2: it offered the best performance (by far within respect to all custom rom, better than Hydrogen) combined with the best battery. No personalization whatsoever (besides floating and immersive mode, not much; to come in the future are what made this ROM famous in the past, pie controls, etc, but who knows if that'll happen and when). You know what you get, though :)

9. Magnetic Nerd
    Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2016

Magnetic Nerd , Aug 2, 2016 :
    Uninstalled it due to a weird popping sound coming from the speaker every time the audio touch sound was finished and you could hear the speaker turn off too.

I know I may be picky but it would have annoyed me.

10. MNavy_
    KitKat Aug 2, 2016

MNavy_ , Aug 2, 2016 :
    Chanhelog :
    OnePlus 3
    Added Dash charging
    Fixed offline charging
    Complete device rework

11. masaga91
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2016

12. Exord
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2016

Exord , Aug 5, 2016 :
    I flashed yesterday my phone from Oxygen to PA 6.0.2. Very thing worked well, except the camera. When I start the app it says, after a black screen, camera has stopped (not sure if that is the correct translation, because my phone is running in German ^^). I tried already to delete cache and data of the camera, hasn’t worked. I also tried a full factory reset, also not worked. The only other camera app which is working is Camera FV-5, but I don’t like this app. Camera runs fine under Oxygen! Does anyone have an idea what else I could try to make the camera working?

13. G_Sebastian_Uhlich_zqvt
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2016

G_Sebastian_Uhlich_zqvt , Aug 6, 2016 :
    This is a known Bug but the force close should only happen when u try to enter the settings within the camera app...
    Will be fixed in the next release

14. Morrisss
    Cupcake Aug 7, 2016

Morrisss , Aug 7, 2016 :
    I tried to flash pa 6.0.2 on my OP3 but it didn't work. I've looked through all tutorials about flashing pa. I flashed the latest release of pa for OnePlus 3 and I tried both bank Gapps and open Gapps. But everytime,i ended up with my phone saying that "data corrupted, reset your phone and can have a chance to restore backup on your Google account." How should I do this?

15. OPFanBoyTillEnd
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2016

OPFanBoyTillEnd , Aug 7, 2016 :
    W
    What did you do?

16. ddhbanger
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2016

ddhbanger , Aug 7, 2016 :
    You have to be decrypted to use PA at the moment. I believe this will change in the next build.

17. OPFanBoyTillEnd
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2016

OPFanBoyTillEnd , Aug 7, 2016 :
    Yep, they said so. But there should be also some workarounds :)

18. Morrisss
    Cupcake Aug 8, 2016

Morrisss , Aug 8, 2016 :
    Thx. Well I will be waiting for that then.

ddhbanger likes this.
  19. metalelf0
    Cupcake Aug 8, 2016

metalelf0 , Aug 8, 2016 :
    Tried it today, can't get GPS working neither in Waze or google maps. Think I'll revert to stock for the moment.

20. uv4487
    Cupcake Aug 9, 2016

uv4487 , Aug 9, 2016 :