Paranoid Android Quartz 1 Android 10 via OnePlus 6T

1. Caomhin
    Lollipop Apr 16, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 16, 2020 :
    Added post for Paranoid Android Quartz 2.

Android Quartz 1, the first Android 10 stable build available now on our forums for several devices. This is also the team’s first stable release since their Android Nougat-based builds.

Paranoid Android Quartz 1 XDA Article

https://www.xda-developers.com/paranoid-android-android-10-custom-rom-asus-oneplus-xiaomi/

Direct link to XDA 6T Paranoid Android Quartz 1

https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6t/development/paranoid-android-quartz-oneplus-6t-t4033971

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020

SasaX, Fursan Afzal and ronaksworld like this.
  2. ronaksworld
    Jelly Bean Apr 20, 2020

ronaksworld , Apr 20, 2020 :
    For OnePlus 3T, As 3T is now sort of dead weight thanks to no more Android Security Updates by OP,

I decided to try on my OnePlus 3T, its Good to get a change supporting Android 10 on 4yrs old device,

The developer has dont a great work, but here comes the best part, its 80% stable, but still have minor bugs, haha got tricked thinking its fully stable.

But there were many issues some people were having like torch not working and rotation not working,

For me it was working fine, Except Camera Quality Sucked and I had major network issues,

Jio simcard was stuck on No Nework,
    Airtel simcard was stuck on Edge Internet
    (i even got call from customer service asking what is the issue im facing on my device that i was on it benifits of coperate connection)
    Vodafone simcard was never tested

(too lazy after spending almost 6hrs in this wrong, trying to test and check what works and what doesnt)
    Going to try Vodafone simcard and see, might even reflash the whole thing as many of them has working network., except they had wifi coverage issue which i dont, so yes its not really full stable at let not for OnePlus 3T,

The reason im posting this is, i perfer a stable ROM, and if you guys dont mind expirementing and loosing data sure you can go ahead and try this on your OnePlus 6T

As of now i would rate this ROM 5.5/10 as hopefully the way the developer is pushing the updates and fix it could be rated 9/10, and should i would suggest all 3T users should jump over from OxygenOS to this one.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020

3. Caomhin
    Lollipop Apr 20, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 20, 2020 :
    Have read the comments go OP6T and they seem fairly positive on this ROM. Possibly due to it being newer hardware to 3T.

Many state to do a clean install, some have even supplied the steps they used to get the best out of it. So I wouldn't knock it because a 3T didn't work so good. Totally different hardware.

Most Roms will have their glitches on most phones anyway.

From Page 18 link below.
    1587385686413.jpg
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/on...oid-android-quartz-oneplus-6t-t4033971/page18

ronaksworld likes this.
  4. ronaksworld
    Jelly Bean Apr 20, 2020

ronaksworld , Apr 20, 2020 :
    For me Custom Rom is only to get Android Security Updates when OnePlus stops :p

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/rom-10-0-op3-3t-official-crdroid-android-v6-4-oneplus3.1216081/

Check this is what i used Stock Rom and downloaded and flashed Nano Gaaps along Taddada working stable ROM, then i flashed Magisk to check if the Safetynet works and i was suprised people mentioned they has issues, but for me i had none as phone was clean so clean it had nothing hence bug free and everything working
    (factory fresh had wiped entire os and had reflashed stock rom and then had to reflash twrp and then customrom)

Caomhin likes this.
  5. Caomhin
    Lollipop Apr 20, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 20, 2020 :
    Same here, will keep going with OOS until OP stop upgrading 6T.

Might go the LineageOS route as its close to the old Cyanogenmod. We'll see, it will be interesting to play around with it when the release cycles stop in about 2 years. If we are still around [e]1f601[/e][e]1f44d[/e]

SasaX likes this.
  6. Caomhin
    Lollipop Apr 27, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 27, 2020 :
    Paranoid Android Quartz 2 brings 4 new features and adds support for the OnePlus 5/5T and OnePlus 7T Pro

popular Paranoid Android custom ROM released Paranoid Android Quartz 1 — the first stable Android 10-based build of the ROM — for a handful of devices. While there have been several unofficial Paranoid Android builds floating around on our forums, Paranoid Android Quartz 1 was the first stable release from the team since their Android Nougat-based builds. For the initial stable release, the team added a boatload of features to the ROM, including things like screen stabilization, a built-in screen recorder, FOD support, vibration adapted UI, and more. Building upon the feedback on the Quartz 1 release, the team is now rolling out Paranoid Android Quartz 2 with 4 new features and support for a few more devices.

According to a recent post on the team’s blog, Paranoid Android Quartz 2 is now rolling out for all supported devices and it includes these new features:

Face Unlock
    New volume panel
    New statusbar brightness slider
    Added support for single-tap to ambient display (only on devices with kernel support for it)
    Along with the aforementioned features, the Paranoid Android Quartz 2 build brings a fix for a screen recording crash issue that plagued the initial build. The update also includes a few device-specific changes that can be found on the second post of the respective device threads on our forums. Additionally, the build brings support for three new devices, including the OnePlus 5, OnePlus 5T, and OnePlus 7T Pro.

Original Article

https://www.xda-developers.com/para...res-adds-support-oneplus-5-5t-oneplus-7t-pro/

XDA Forum Article and Links

https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6t/development/paranoid-android-quartz-oneplus-6t-t4033971

7. soare_body
    Froyo Apr 28, 2020

soare_body , via OnePlus 6 , Apr 28, 2020 :
    Flashed Quartz 2 yesterday. My God, I have been expecting for AOSPA to return since my Galaxy Nexus & KitKat days!
    So far everything seems good on my OP6 as I was getting sick of Oxygen OS quite frankly. AOSPA is better for me as I love the UI just as Google intended it an now it has even better customisation than OOS. Also, now I'm receiving notifications when I'm supposed to, not after a while like on OOS.

Gestures and overall experience is waaay smoother, dark mode works better and it has a quick settings toggle, Google Phone, Contacts and Messenger better in every way and yeah, what can I say... I just love it!

Just to answer some questions that I would have put:
    - encryption is working fine
    - banking apps are working fine
    - face unlock and features that are common with OOS all work fine
    - installed Urnyx05 GCam and everything seems to be working fine
    - it's been only approx. 16 hours since I installed every app and charged to 100% and battery life is already comparable to what I had on OOS10.3.2 (but then again, on OOS10 I would reach a max. of 3h SOT with 24-30h or so between charges)
    - don't know anything about root & magisk as I don't actively use

Bug:
    - data measurements don't work yet but I don't really care as I have almost 70 GB on my data plan

Haven't tested yet:
    - android auto

I'll be flashing AOSPA also on my wife's OP5T, just to get the GCam working and for the notification delay thingy. 1588094432646.jpg

Caomhin likes this.
  8. Caomhin
    Lollipop Apr 28, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 28, 2020 :
    I have not used this to date, as I am happy with OOS currently, and posted this info on this ROM here for others to use if they wish.

However the questions is, does the Fingerprint lock work OK. I don't do the face unlock, because it is less secure. But I was wondering about the Fingerprint, and if you use it. Did it work OK.

May I ask

9. soare_body
    Froyo Apr 28, 2020

Caomhin likes this.
  10. Caomhin
    Lollipop Apr 28, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 28, 2020 :
    Great thanks, just needed confirmation. [e]1f601[/e][e]1f44d[/e]

11. soare_body
    Froyo Apr 28, 2020

Caomhin likes this.
  12. Moin2200
    KitKat Apr 28, 2020

Moin2200 , Apr 28, 2020 :
    Really happy to see paranoid Android return and to see some progress in this section of the forum. :cool:

Caomhin likes this.
  13. soare_body
    Froyo Apr 29, 2020

Caomhin likes this.
  14. Fursan Afzal
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 6, 2020

Fursan Afzal , via OnePlus 3T , May 6, 2020 :
    Quartz 1 had a lot of bugs and serious heating issues for 3T which was fixed in Quartz 2. The rom is stable now with fewer bugs. Performance and Battery life is better than OOS.

Caomhin likes this.