Part 3 of Tom's Hardware interview with Carl has been posted

1. Sparkolo
    KitKat Community Expert Mar 18, 2014

Sparkolo , Mar 18, 2014 :
    Now we've a more clear vision about the processor and we know that launching countries will not be 10 but at least 12! Waiting for part fo... oh no, it's over! :(

GregOrevo likes this.
  2. GregOrevo
    Gingerbread Mar 18, 2014

GregOrevo , Mar 18, 2014 :
    Part four was kinda the french interview :p
    Thinking about it, for now, there's only interviews in english and french, means something? :D

3. Sparkolo
    KitKat Community Expert Mar 18, 2014

Sparkolo , Mar 18, 2014 :
    Maybe Carl only knows English and French, other than English and Swedish? :rolleyes:

4. GregOrevo
    Gingerbread Mar 18, 2014

GregOrevo , Mar 18, 2014 :
    Or maybe it wil be available in France first, and then 2 months later in other countries :rolleyes:

ok i'm dreaming i know!

5. alexbdavies
    Eclair Mar 18, 2014

alexbdavies , Mar 18, 2014 :
    Where is this French interview, and is there a good translation of it anywhere?

6. GregOrevo
    Gingerbread Mar 18, 2014

7. infernowheels
    Jelly Bean Mar 18, 2014

8. Chinda
    Jelly Bean Mar 19, 2014

Chinda , Mar 19, 2014 :
    There you go @alexbdavies Le Journal De Geek French Interview:
    Chinese society OnePlus made more noise for a few days. Particular, it should disclose to the end of the second quarter OnePlus
    smartphone at an affordable price. We talked a few minutes with Carl Pei, Director of Global OnePlus, and he has five questions on this new constructor and his mysterious smartphone.

What is the history of OnePlus,

philosophy?

OnePlus was launched following

frustration of the smartphone market as Android. There was not a single device that was good enough for all our applications. Existing products have choices and bizarre compromise were not finally put forward their added value for the end user. So we had a very simple idea, we would create the smartphone that we would like to use, and at the same time create a society where we would work.

Our philosophy is "Never Settle", but what does it mean? We make the best choice for the user to external pressures. Let me give you an example. In our interactions with users, we realized that some wanted bigger screens, while others could not bear a screen over 5 inches. So we decided to make a 5.5-inch screen in a smartphone with the size of a 5 inch. When we showed them the terminal, nobody said it was too big. They all loved it!

Information on this famous OnePlus One?

I can not say anything more than what has been revealed ... "It will be completely CyanogenMod smartphone unveiled at the end of the month, it will include a Snapdragon processor 800 quad-core clocked at 2.3GHz, a 3100mAh battery, the 4G LTE and will be available in 16GB or 64GB versions, all for a price below $ 400 for the basic version.

The OnePlus One will it only be available in China?

Our team consists of people who are in the world, so we are aiming for international release. We do not see ourselves as a Chinese company, but understand that Shenzhen is a stepping stone, because it is

manufacture hi-tech equipment are met.

We have not yet announced the launch countries, but French users

smartphone will have to wait a little bit. That's all I can say for now.

Have you thought about other devices

connected object, etc.).?

The smartphone is the centerpiece to a lifestyle connected room. Before deciding whether or not to connected objects (wearables) must, we must first make our smartphone to be a success. If we have a large

launching into other product categories will be much simpler. In 2014, we will emerge as OnePlus One.

Will there be exclusive on OnePlus One other users of the CyanogenMod ROM will not?

OnePlus One was developed in collaboration with the CyanogenMod team. Our team had a lot of feedback on the ROM, and his team had a lot of feedback on the terminal. The smartphone will be launched with unique features and high quality while remaining clean, light and fast.

Of course, we will also comply with the rules of the GPL and also establish relationships with third party developers, so having portages Stock Android on the device.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014

WoodenAnts likes this.
  9. WoodenAnts
    Eclair Mar 19, 2014

WoodenAnts , Mar 19, 2014 :
    I'm not sure when this French interview was posted, but, and I quote, "It will be completely CyanogenMod smartphone unveiled at the end of the month..."

So which month is that? this month? I guess we now know a "release date" or rather, thereabouts.

Chinda likes this.
  10. Chinda
    Jelly Bean Mar 19, 2014

Chinda , Mar 19, 2014 :
    Yeah kinda does hint towards a unveiling at end of march. Maby there waiting till oppo & htc show there phones then OnePlus reveal theres with the beautiful design ;)

11. WoodenAnts
    Eclair Mar 19, 2014

WoodenAnts , Mar 19, 2014 :
    I'm hoping they make it fast. I do want to compare the two, but as soon as Preorders go up the the Oppo Find 7 I will be the first to give them my money. I can't wait too much longer for a new phone, my MIC on my SGS3 doesnt even work anymore! ITS NOT EVEN A PHONE :p

12. Chinda
    Jelly Bean Mar 19, 2014

13. shadymilkman
    Gingerbread Mar 19, 2014

14. Chinda
    Jelly Bean Mar 19, 2014

15. Adam Krisko
    KitKat Community Expert Mar 19, 2014

muddy46 likes this.
  16. Chinda
    Jelly Bean Mar 19, 2014

Chinda , Mar 19, 2014 :
    If thats 5pm uk time i'll be awake :) but its 3:47am here justnow defo time for my sleep lol

17. scy1192
    Honeycomb Mar 19, 2014

18. Chinda
    Jelly Bean Mar 19, 2014

Chinda , Mar 19, 2014 :
    @scy1192 is a bit but they have to keep costs down to allow under $400 price tag & custom cyanogenmod will balance cpu out :)

19. Adam Krisko
    KitKat Community Expert Mar 19, 2014

Adam Krisko , Mar 19, 2014 :
    Night

20. Chinda
    Jelly Bean Mar 19, 2014