3. Abhirup_Saha
    Cupcake Sep 16, 2019

4. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Sep 16, 2019

Starcommander likes this.
  5. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Sep 16, 2019

Impersonal , Sep 16, 2019 :
    Good thing is optional, anyways nice to hear you updated the app, the changes I want, are with functionality, I expect bug fixing, stability and performance fixing, better battery and data consumption, etc all them minor twiks, behind the scenes, done by all them unsung heroes, ... especially in the notifications department there is room for improvement, I don't want something different, just for things to work as advertised, that beeing said, I usually go for the browser version most of the time... Out of commodity, I already have a tab or two opened, so maybe a browser extension or a plug-in in the future, a better implementation if the community app in the browser itself... IDK....
    Anyways the new signature feature is just a ghimick, but sure, could be fun for some, I'm waiting for community users, to list their OnePlus TV as a device :laughing: ,
    Also keep in mind, that there are some users bot using OP devices, maybe they had a OnePlusX (legendary) or others that don't have one yet and are here, to prospect, etc, etc
    Thank you for your work

Ps : 2mb still a limit for a photo, o_O really, you'll soon sell 48 mp devices, just saying, also maybe, a implementation of a better compression soft, in the app itself, just search for compression app here on the forum, you'll find you have a great user that has developed a formidable tool, just for that... you need to know Morse to download... :p

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019

Bouncer71, Starcommander and otto2 like this.
  6. Ultraman215
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2019

Ultraman215 , Sep 17, 2019 :
    A I think it's great that you are enhancing the Community app...

However, I would be remiss for not sharing my feelings regarding opportunities to improve the Administration of the community.

I've been active in the community for a while, and I observe some of the stupid posts... some on this thread asking about Android 10 which is completely unrelated. It's like hurding cats... I get it!

However, I think sometimes Admins lose sight of the fact that people in this community are mostly customers... I say mostly because someone was proud to mention they're in the community but not actually a customer. Noted! Sigh
    Regarding the inappropriate posts, I feel their frustrations, but if you're not suited for this kind of customer service, then they should consider a different job or place to volunteer their free time.

There's an update available for many users with vague and ambiguous details of its content. The update appears to be an OTA update for Oxygen OS with a version of 9.5.13. I received this update notice on the unlocked OnePlus 7 Pro.

This is the most recent screen:
    View attachment 1130995
    It initially looked like this which is somewhat unprofessional:
    View attachment 1129383

Many OnePlus CUSTOMERS came to this community app seeking guidance only to have their threads closed.

Do a search for 9.5.13... See what the results are.

Historically, the same people closing the threads, advocate SEARCHING for an existing thread before opening a thread.
    They are now the ones closing threads telling CUSTOMERS to wait for some official thread when clearly CUSTOMERS are indicating no open threads existed. Still no official thread exists about Oxygen OS version 9.5.13.

This made me seriously consider uninstalling the app since its value proposition is questionable.

My concern is there have been supply chain attacks before where an adversary is able to compromise the update infrastructure with malicious code or applications. More information about this is available here: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/d3y48v/what-is-a-supply-chain-attack

A reasonable person would expect to come to a trusted community, such as this, and expect better guidance or treatment as a PAYING CUSTOMER. Or minimally a community to have a collective discussion about our product.

Historically, we receive a communication that OnePlus is beginning a software update with details prior to the rollout so this is highly suspicious and abnormal activity being experienced by PAYING CUSTOMERS. In fact, this thread is an example of a communication about a pending offer or service soon to be available. THANKS!

My apologies if it appears I hijacked your post, but it's my intention to provide honest feedback to make the community better.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019

7. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Sep 17, 2019

Discostu , Sep 17, 2019 :
    One of the things that really bugs me is ignored people - ignoring other users works only on the desktop version, when using the app the ignored users posts and threads are all still visible.

Will this be looked at in future updates?

8. Ken_Brownstone
    Froyo Sep 17, 2019

9. Sidharth Singh Bhati
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2019

10. imsumanb97
    Froyo Sep 17, 2019

11. G_Huynh_Tinh
    Froyo Sep 17, 2019

petertinh and Impersonal like this.
  12. Andy lone
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2019

13. rohith.srivastav
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2019

14. eye842
    Lollipop Sep 17, 2019

eye842 , Sep 17, 2019 :
    That's a nice feature that has been missing from the app Hope the update also addresses some bug fixing.

Impersonal and Starcommander like this.
  15. G_mahimanchanda0
    Cupcake Sep 17, 2019

16. manojgupta1992
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2019

manojgupta1992 , Sep 17, 2019 :
    Great. Community app lacks the simple feature to delete your comment posted twice mistakenly but it now has the feature to add your signature....like majority of people are even using their own names & pictures in the forum.

Ultraman215, Impersonal and otto2 like this.
  17. M1565406667675
    Donut Sep 17, 2019

18. MKT_IRFAN3735
    Jelly Bean Sep 17, 2019

19. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Sep 17, 2019

Impersonal , Sep 17, 2019 :
    Yeah... I second this oppinion !

otto2 likes this.
  20. petro pakarinen
    Froyo Sep 17, 2019