Password reset does not work

1. Hezak
    Eclair Sep 8, 2015

Hezak , Sep 8, 2015 :
    A friend of mine got a invite for the OnePlus 2, unfortunately he forgot his OnePlus account password. The password reset does not work, he does not get the email with the required reset link.

The message "If a user with that email exists we will send an email with reset instructions." appears, but the inbox is still empty.

Do you have any idea what the problem could be?

The support live chat has a waiting time of more than 200 minutes...

2. amruthamba fnu
    Gingerbread Sep 8, 2015

3. jimberkas
    KitKat Sep 8, 2015

jimberkas , Sep 8, 2015 :
    good lord!

4. karmvir4u
    Gingerbread Sep 8, 2015

5. Vipul s Borade
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2015

Vipul s Borade , Sep 22, 2015 :
    I have submitted a ticket for the same, As i was only the registered user so it did not allowed me to sign up and said "your email address already exits", now i have to claim my Invite and i cannot login to claim as i do not have the password

6. Ashwith
    Jelly Bean Sep 22, 2015

7. j ram
    Cupcake Sep 25, 2015

8. Papao
    KitKat Sep 25, 2015

Papao , Sep 25, 2015 :
    You have too many email accounts, so you forget which one is which?.......:D:D:D:D:D:D

9. a.heukels
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2015

a.heukels , Oct 14, 2015 :
    I also received an invite on my other account, and forgot my password. I press on forgotten password many times. Please fix the forgotten password option.

10. omarke85
    Donut Oct 14, 2015

omarke85 , Oct 14, 2015 :
    Same for me. I have an invite, for some reason my password that I use isn't working, so I clicked the button that I forgot my password.
    Still no mail to reset my password.
    So I tried it to reset the password of this account and there I got the mail direct.

Why you can't receive a password reset if you have an invite?

11. Methroix
    Cupcake Oct 17, 2015

Methroix , Oct 17, 2015 :
    I just had the same thing happen to me; I received an invite, but I could not log into my account and I couldn't get password reset to work. I tried using Chrome, Firefox and Edge, all on PC.

My workaround was to create a new account, using the same email address as before. Something that should not be possible to do, thus indicating that something has gone seriously awry.

And just so you (OnePlus) know, the captcha is major bonkers in Firefox 44, as it flickers between two positions on the screen. Although to be fair, this may be due to Firefox since it's a nightly build.

12. Lingering
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 17, 2015

Lingering , Oct 17, 2015 :
    Poke an admin or mod they can help.

13. ka3095
    Cupcake Oct 19, 2015

ka3095 , Oct 19, 2015 :
    In Order to claim your invite. Sign up using the email id on which you got the invite but with a different username. Once you have signed up, you will get a confirmation link on your email id. Use that link to log in with your new password.
    Then, go to " My Invites" and enter the invite code that you had received earlier on your email id and submit. This will successfully help you claim your invite and then you can use it.

Thanks