[Patch] Disable The AntiPiracy Feature On All ROMs (Survive Updates For Now)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Aug 6, 2015

Dr. Indest , Aug 6, 2015 :
    My bad. My brain is always fried.

Also, I am trying to find a better way to patch this. I believe this patch is an apply once and never need to apply again, like the MyAndroidTool. If it is, it will be quick and simple and after the first launch, users can uninstall the app from their phone.

Plus, this is easier for me since I already made it.

2. aspherical
    Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2015

aspherical , Aug 6, 2015 :
    What is the point then of disabling it? If it's not interfering with a legitimate use of my phone, I don't really care if it's there because I know how much of a problem piracy is for app developers.

PrimeDirective likes this.
  3. Frankrizzo
    Honeycomb Aug 6, 2015

Frankrizzo , Aug 6, 2015 :
    The point is developers have no right to force a Trojan on your phone. Roms are open source for a reason. Not only will you not be able to download any piracy apps but they also removed AD blocker and any kind of game cheats you may use like Xmod.

They also stopped using change logs in their updates because the people have found ways to remove these Trojans. So who knows what they are doing...

They also are including VNC to try to stop the removal of their Anti-piracy "Trojan"
    Virtual network computing (VNC) is a type of remote-control software that makes it possible to control another computer over a network connection.

When your bank account goes negative will you change your tune?
    http://thehackernews.com/2013/09/hesperbot-new-banking-trojan-that-can.html

Why would you trust these developers that you have never met and don't even know their real names.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015

4. Yupet
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2015

Yupet , Aug 7, 2015 :
    Thanks for this comment, open source isn't that what it once was.
    Nice idea with your app.
    Of course not all developers have such purposes, but unfortunately some of them have...
    If an app is great it is our duty to support devs, but I think everyone should be able to try before paying it.

5. return.of.octobot
    Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2015

return.of.octobot , Aug 7, 2015 :
    Are the results in on this yet? I've noticed that the task disables the anti-piracy notification service, which can also be accomplished with My Android Tools, Disable Service, Amplify etc. It does appear to work when I do this manually, but I'm curious as to whether this is actually disabling the service as a whole or just the notification aspects of it.

@indest, did I not see that you also had a flashable available to remove the anti-piracy implementation from Exodus. How did that work, and does it apply exclusively to Exodus or was there any luck using it on other ROMs with this 'feature'.

As far as I can tell the most effective, and also most time time consuming method of getting rid of the anti-piracy measures for good in decompiling the settings apk, removing the relative code and recompiling it. Would be nice to come up with a way to expedite that process.

EDIT: Sorry I just looked over the code a second time and notice that you also disabled org.antipiracy.support.AntiPiracyInstallReceiver, which would've been my suggestion. Other questions still apply though.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015

6. wildf1re
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 7, 2015

#HYPEorGTFO and Dr. Indest like this.
  7. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Aug 7, 2015

Dr. Indest , Aug 7, 2015 :
    It disables everything since there is no receiver once it is disabled.

No verdict since no-one has tested it.

Essentially, it is a AntiPiracy free Settings.apk. In my opinion, it is a poor fix and hence why I made this. It is particular to Exodus cause it is an exodus Settings.apk.

The whole point of this app is so that it worked on all devices and so that you would only need it once and then uninstall it.

Essentially, that is ideal but, would need to be redone for each update, especially if the settings.apk is changed. If you disable the service once and dirty flash the updates, it should be disabled for life unless they make a new service.

8. return.of.octobot
    Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2015

Oh yeah, I totally agree with you there, it is a very tedious method with the benefit of eradicating all traces of it. Also, I'm sure you're already aware of this, but I believe you can achieve the same effect by running something along these lines in a Terminal Emulator:

Code:
    su
    pm disable com.android.settings/org.antipiracy.support.AntiPiracyInstallReceiver
    pm disable com.android.settings/org.antipiracy.support.AntiPiracyNotifyService

#HYPEorGTFO likes this.
  9. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Aug 7, 2015

That is what the app does. Just makes it easy for the noobs. Yet no-one wants to test lol. Oh well, this battle is pointless anyways.

10. return.of.octobot
    Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2015

I hear you, I'll gladly give it a go

Dr. Indest likes this.
  11. red5pade
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2015

12. return.of.octobot
    Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2015

Dr. Indest likes this.
  13. Frankrizzo
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2015

14. GetDynamic
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2015

GetDynamic , Aug 7, 2015 :
    I'm on Exdous 0721 nightly and I don't plan to update anytime soon because of that anti piracy thing.

15. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Aug 7, 2015

16. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Aug 7, 2015

So far reports look promising. Look like this app is a one time patch. Download, install, run, delete.

Then all you got to do is dirty-flash all future updates.

Confirmed by 2 people.

17. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Aug 7, 2015

TeamValor91 and OALEXANDER like this.
  18. OALEXANDER
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Aug 7, 2015

Dr. Indest likes this.
  19. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Aug 7, 2015

Thanks... mind adding the survive updates for now?

20. #HYPEorGTFO
    KitKat Aug 7, 2015

bakerbarber and Dr. Indest like this.