Pathetic Ram Mangement on OnePlus 7 via OnePlus 7

1. bdpatel51
    Eclair Jan 16, 2020

bdpatel51 , via OnePlus 7 , Jan 16, 2020 :
    Apps auto closing in background.

I am using OnePlus 7(6gb ram)since last 6 months and very much frustrated with how ram management is done on this device. Sometimes it can't even handle 2-3 apps and kills immediately after keeping them in background.

let me share few scenarios which i am constantly facing:

- i opened Ola, requested a cab then opened Uber and requested a cab there as well( since cab availability is poor in my area) then i switched back to Ola to check status and i see app has been killed. switching might have taken around 10 second.

- i am playing pubg, received a phone call, answered the call then immediately returned back to pubg keeping call active in background and... Pubg has been killed

- app close has been done for Paytm and bank apps also having my many transaction suspended in between

there are multiple examples which i m facing everyday,and its frustrating how even 6GB ram is not enough to handle simple multitaskings.

I have made up my mind to switch to iOS soon if they can't fix these issues.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020

2. Kryxus
    Eclair Jan 18, 2020

Kryxus , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 18, 2020 :
    They really have a serious problem with the management of memory, battery and apps, I with 12gb of ram without using the device and having cleaned the multitasking I went to check the consumption of ram and go c consuming more than 6 without me doing anything, it is not an android problem itself, because if it were it should happen in other brands, it is a problem of the layer itself, I do not know what happens to them but they are full Of minor bugs and bugs, you enter the forum and only once people complaining, I also this year decided to try one plus for the wonders that speak of its software.

X1565230218535 and bdpatel51 like this.

OnePlus_dude and bdpatel51 like this.
  4. Rahul_Rdn7
    Eclair Jan 18, 2020

Rahul_Rdn7 , via OnePlus 7 , Jan 18, 2020 :
    which version are you on? I'm on 10.3.0 and the ram management has been excellent. My phone easily runs 10+ apps in the background without breaking a sweat, those include Uber, Lyft etc. and btw I'm using a 6gb ram variant

5. Xiaobin_Lu
    Froyo Jan 18, 2020

Xiaobin_Lu , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 18, 2020 :
    leave OnePlus as soon as possible. I feel the same ram management frustration on my 6T 6G ram. it feels shit. you would think it's enough since iPhone SE can handle easy multitasking no problem with 2G ram, you would think 6G is enough since Android people are saying 6G ram is plenty. 8G is future proofing only. but no! with shitty ram management like oneplus.

I bought 8G ram 7 pro during the sale.( long have I sold the shitty shitty shitty 6G ram 6T ) and the phone at least performs like normal phone in terms of multitasking.

but I have huge problem with Gmail notification delay on the phone. hate it so much since I heavily depend on email more than text msg. ****** OnePlus prioritize saving battery so their fan boys can show off SOT.

I'm leaving OnePlus soon .

bdpatel51 likes this.
  6. bdpatel51
    Eclair Jan 18, 2020

bdpatel51 , via OnePlus 7 , Jan 18, 2020 :
    I am also on 10.3.0, and problem is there since i bought this phone. have tried all "remove deep battery optimizations" tricks too but of no use

7. parag008
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 18, 2020

8. bdpatel51
    Eclair Jan 18, 2020

i guess their priority is to save battery at any cost and take the smart out of smartphone.

9. bdpatel51
    Eclair Jan 18, 2020

its always off for me. i try to turn off all such settings which can compromise multitasking.

10. HarshalDeshmukh
    Cupcake Jan 18, 2020

HarshalDeshmukh , Jan 18, 2020 :
    True. Oxygen OS having RAM management issues. I think 6 GB is enough for 4 5 apps atleast to work in background.

SHIVAM97MANGLA likes this.
  11. HarshalDeshmukh
    Cupcake Jan 18, 2020

No. it's not

12. HarshalDeshmukh
    Cupcake Jan 18, 2020

Thet are just increasing numbers. not able to tune it to perfection

13. gaursayyam
    Eclair Jan 18, 2020

gaursayyam , Jan 18, 2020 :
    I absolutely agree with you. Even I have posted the same thing on the forum. I too have the 6gb ram version.
    The switch to iOS is the better fix to this crappy overhyped device.

14. Xiaobin_Lu
    Froyo Jan 18, 2020

Xiaobin_Lu , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 18, 2020 :
    6G ram Samsung s10e is capable of mutiltasking like normal phone too. even with a few games in the background. can confirm. won't be kept in the background but will stay as long as you are actively using the phone.

OnePlus_dude and gaursayyam like this.
  15. gaursayyam
    Eclair Jan 19, 2020

gaursayyam , Jan 19, 2020 :
    the ram management is so bad right now. it's like I quit an app for seconds and when I open it again, the UI has killed it. It's a ******* waste of time to buy this phone. I think I should rather go with S10 lite or Xr. at least I won't have to deal with such unprepared updates.

bdpatel51 likes this.
  16. Xiaobin_Lu
    Froyo Jan 19, 2020

17. gaursayyam
    Eclair Jan 21, 2020

gaursayyam , Jan 21, 2020 :
    I have tried turning off the battery optimization settings on the apps that I use frequently and it's working just fine. Maybe this battery optimization thing is way too aggressive.

18. TheMedisin
    Cupcake Jan 21, 2020

TheMedisin , Jan 21, 2020 :
    I mean, just got my OnePlus 7 pro today with 6gb ram. I haven't noticed any apps being killed. I am running 5 apps right now, and when I switch between this post and those, nothing dies. I am hoping this stays this way :x

PlanetDD and gaursayyam like this.
  19. gaursayyam
    Eclair Jan 21, 2020

gaursayyam , Jan 21, 2020 :
    you're the lucky one.