Pay for DHL Duties... Canada?

1. papaskittles
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2014

papaskittles , Jul 25, 2014 :
    i only noticed when i had a fully white screen in a dark room on high brightness. i honestly dont even notice it that much

2. betaboy00
    Eclair Jul 25, 2014

betaboy00 , Jul 25, 2014 :
    I notice the yellow tinting on mine too. My phone is from the July 11 build. Noticeable when i browse.

dc2000 likes this.
  3. Reeneebob
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2014

Reeneebob , Jul 30, 2014 :
    I ordered on Friday, it's now Wednesday, I just paid my duties and expected delivery is tomorrow. I'm pleasantly surprised. I've been getting email updates from dhl on delivery statuses. I also authorized them to leave it if I'm not at home tomorrow, and got to specify a location (something you can only do if you prepay the customs).

Longest 24 hours of my life now commencing. Lol

4. retareq
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2014

5. tahacar4
    Froyo Aug 6, 2014

tahacar4 , Aug 6, 2014 :
    Hay if I wanted to contact the shipping company witch one does opossum use

6. rockyxu
    Eclair Sep 22, 2014

dc2000 likes this.
  7. dc2000
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 24, 2014

dc2000 , Sep 24, 2014 :
    Join the club, get raped in fees.

8. jiayaw
    Cupcake Oct 1, 2014

jiayaw , Oct 1, 2014 :
    Even with Canada post, you pay that if customs decide to charge you.... Heck even if you ship to American address, you might still pay the taxes when you cross the border. Of course sometimes you get lucky but otherwise only thing you'll be saving is the $10 processing fee, you'll still pay the 12% tax (blame the government not really the carrier shipping your package lol)

9. garbozio
    Cupcake Oct 1, 2014

garbozio , Oct 1, 2014 :
    It will follow quite a few steps in its travels. Two or 3 in LA, then some in Cincinnati, Ohio, before crossing the border, that's if you are in Ontario, Canada. In each case there are steps for arrival, processing, departing, etc.

10. mabdo
    Gingerbread Oct 8, 2014

mabdo , Oct 8, 2014 :
    To not sound like an idiot a phone that I paid $438(Canadian,express shipping) isn't enough I have to pay another $60 WTF.

11. zerolol
    Cupcake Oct 9, 2014

zerolol , Oct 9, 2014 :
    NAFTA governs all this concerns you guys speak of.. not DHL not OPO or the warehouse they use for shipping.. if you got lucky then thats because of some guy that didnt do their job right.

12. fprince
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2014

fprince , Oct 23, 2014 :
    DHL is useless, they come for delivery around noon when people are at work. what i find interesting is my account says there is NO duty fees to pay...not sure why that would be, as i am reading everyone needs to pay a fee. pickup is today. When they left me the yellow slips two times it said $0 in additional fee. i think it is an error, i will know in a few hours when i pick it up.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014

13. fprince
    Cupcake Oct 24, 2014

fprince , Oct 24, 2014 :
    Picked up my OPO yesterday from DHL toronto. i paid NO extra charges, no idea how i got lucky.
    :) happy customer.

14. Adapting
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 24, 2014

15. kalpitv
    Eclair Nov 2, 2014

kalpitv , Nov 2, 2014 :
    Hey guys!

DHL states that my clearance is delayed, and the detailed information on their website is:
    Clearance processing will proceed as soon as authorization or pre-payment is received. Importer is advised to contact DHL Customer Service if further details are required. A DHL representative shall attempt to contact the importer or shipper if required.

I went on the DHL payment page and it presently states an amount of 29.88 dollars.

1. Any of you faced this issue? How did you go about it?
    2. Is is compulsory to make this payment online or can it be done on delivery?
    3. Will the amount increase on delivery?

Please let me know ASAP, would not want to delay the delivery further.

Thanks in advance!