PAYMENT CUSTOMS CHARGES FOR WITHDRAWAL OF THE PHONE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fenice
    KitKat Jul 15, 2014

fenice , Jul 15, 2014 :
    Yes I realise that, I've seen those threads. I can only assume it's local incompetence or lack of training. :) I've certainly had stuff delivered to me via DHL and DDP wasn't a problem.

dsmonteiro likes this.
  2. pablomoreno
    Moderator Moderator Jul 15, 2014

pablomoreno , Jul 15, 2014 :
    but in fact I am grateful for the help, you're trying to help and give me what I am grateful

dsmonteiro likes this.
  3. fenice
    KitKat Jul 15, 2014

fenice , Jul 15, 2014 :
    The problem, as has been mentioned several times in this thread, is with DHL not anyone else.

4. haedor
    Gingerbread Jul 15, 2014

haedor , Jul 15, 2014 :
    Well, at least DHL answered.

d4f likes this.
  5. d4f
    Gingerbread Jul 15, 2014

d4f , Jul 15, 2014 :
    According to several reports OP did not mark the shipment as DDP on customs invoices. So while DHL _should_ have corrected the issue it seems they are not the cause of the confusion at least.
    My comment still stands though, independent of who is to blame :D

6. David S.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 15, 2014

David S. , Jul 15, 2014 :
    Packages are sent from the closest warehouse with stock. Normally we would have shipped your package from our European warehouse, but we decided to send yours from Hong Kong so you could get it faster. Your shipment had taxes pre-paid (DDP), normally DHL will check and not ask you to pay but for some reason DHL didn't see it this time. Please contact our Customer Support attaching the invoice so you can get refunded and we can claim the money back from DHL.

If anyone else happens to be in the same situation, please insist (over the phone with DHL) that the package is DDP.

mateo, Vinkel, gremlin and 11 others like this.